Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Towbar for PE8W/PD8W Delica's for 99 quid!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ybod69

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:13    Post subject: Towbar for PE8W/PD8W Delica's for 99 quid! Reply with quote

Very Happy
To end all wars on towbars....after refusing to pay 300 quid for a "fitted" towbar, found that

www.towequipe.com

do them for 99 quid on ebay, or simply go to the website or get the number and ring them up. I have someone who will wire it in for about 30 quid...so, job done, all for under £130 !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just goes to show how much those tossers out there are ripping people off just because we drive something different.

*beep* the lot of them, boycott them until they lower the prices... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Oldskool Beat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention on there site about a PF8W, wouldn't mind a more tidier towbar than the one i've got, have to get round to giving them a call Wink
ybod69

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:56    Post subject: recommended Reply with quote

Beat,

I can't recommend them enough. The towbar was dispatched last night and delivered this morning!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Talk about efficient. I'll let anyone interested know just how easy it is to fit and what problems if any that I come across. I'm just chuffed at saving over £150 compared to a fitted one from a tow bar service (cheapest quote I had, after asking ALL the local suppliers, was £280 fitted, and as fitting is only about 40 quid or so I guess anyone paying more than about 150 or so is being taken to the cleaners by the....I think I'll stop there before I put something down that will ban me from the site for life!! Twisted Evil
Cheers all. Very Happy Wink
fitze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:10    Post subject: Towbar rating Reply with quote

What rating is the towbar as a matter of interest?
ybod69

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the rating is but will check and let you know. The kit has to be assembled as you fit it but it's not rocket science and looks straight forward enough. The bar itself is from Tow Trust, feels and looks well made and is certainly "heavy enough". Comes complete with all bolts, instructions and a diagram. Nice. 8)
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, does the towbar fix to the points where the rear bumper bar fits? If so then provided the rear bumber bar mounting is the same for the PF8W as for the others then is should also fit the PF8W.
Pete
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Tim, have you fitted it yet?
Pete
Wrecknett

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 21:21    Post subject: 99 squid Reply with quote

Hi Tim Just been on the Towequipe site, That is a great price, I mailed them sure enough 99 squid. I paid 275 for mine fitted, and it is twisted,you would think it had been fitted with a knife and fork. I think they made it up as they went along. any chance of a picture when you fit it
Wrecknett Laughing 2.8 Delica Exceed
Oldskool Beat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wrecknett
Where did you get your tow-bar from?
Mine was twisted when fitted by the dealer, took it to the manufacture (Watlings) to get it fitted properly Rolling Eyes
Will be having a look at Tims tow-bar on Tuesday.
Might be buying another one if it fits and looks that much better Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having you look at my tow bar Cheeky Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Wrecknett

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi beat
A place called Hedleys Alarm and Towing Centres Co Durham.
In all fairness I have not been back because they will want the car for 3 days the usual c**P. I was thinking of fitting the 99 quid one as the electrics are already on ,it should not be to hard. I would put a picture on the sight but I think thats rocket science to me. Just found the space bar. Laughing
Wrecknett
Oldskool Beat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny Tim wrote:
I'm not having you look at my tow bar Cheeky Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Very Happy

Not this tim.......that Tim, Tim69, hummm, not sure thats any better Shocked Embarassed

You know Tim69 with the BUS as you would say Rolling Eyes Laughing
Oldskool Beat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half of my tow-bar is at present sitting in my garden, drop plate on the bar is to low for off roading Rolling Eyes
ybod69

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:27    Post subject: Fitting next Weekend Reply with quote

Due to a rather busy weekend I didn't get chance to fit the towbar Rolling Eyes , I will be fitting next Saturday as I'm not doing anything until the evening. Smile

(Beat,
I'll bring it with me on Teusday so you can have a butcher's at it). Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Beat - Would I say that Question Shocked Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: