2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Club funding ...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 18:50    Post subject: Club funding ... Reply with quote

If you've got this far, then you'll know that the Pajero Owners Club is completely free to join!

What you may or may not know is that it does cost quite a lot to keep the services here (and for the other Yellow Diamond Clubs) running.

Until recently, I've funded this with a combination of money from my own business and from commissions from deals with insurance companies ... but things are quite difficult now, in particular with regards to lack of opportunities in my 'day job' leaving me desperately short of funds.

Now - I am determined to keep the Club(s) free to join, and I'm not about to ask you to 'dip in your pocket' to help out - times are hard for all of us however, there is a way you CAN help and it won't cost you a single penny!  All I need is 10 to 15 minutes of your time!

I have set up a new insurance comparison site - a FREE service that looks for a range of insurance quotes, from a variety of brokers / insurers, for all sorts of services, including motor insurance, home and contents insurance, breakdown cover, life insurance, travel insurance, pet insurance and more!

So - what's the catch?

There isn't one - you simply use the service to generate quotes for one or more products - each product/quote combination takes you a few minutes and, for each product that you insure, the Club gets a contribution towards running costs!

What next?

Click the logo / link below!

Thank You! thumbright

Simon notworthy

Last edited by administrator on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 18:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rhbjones

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done it for my car insurance and when im due to renew I will def use that!!

Now what else do i need insuring?
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got quote, but nowhere did it ask me if i was a member of POCUK.
Is it a special link for the club.

bob
playdoh
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbright

Renewals not due on our insurance policies yet but glad to help out Smile
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob cole wrote:
Got quote, but nowhere did it ask me if i was a member of POCUK.
Is it a special link for the club.

bob

No Bob - it's MY website - the Club just gets a kick-back for each product you take out insurance for! dontknow

Simon thumbright
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

only took me a few minutes to get a quote for pet insurance will be doing some more quotes tomorrow  Wink  Wink
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked think i will stick with the club insurance 2gf Wink ...but tryed it anyway Wink
El Ricko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon

could not do a quote on mine as a 94 2.8 auto is not listed?!
sharky1964
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got our quote not one that we liked £745.98 fully comp for wife and me will stay with our insurance broker £397.00 been with them for 20 years

But Pet insurance very good will use when time comes  thumbright
NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:59    Post subject: £2 a month raffle Reply with quote

whats £2 a month he`s what am thinking  2 quid into a raffle VIA SIMON every month for the life time member only and them who are not LTM can join as LTM  and have goodies up for grads

now depends whats in the pot at the end of the month let say  a service or the parts to do a full service ,or brake pads and shoes or gearbox fliuds  and a top PRIZE of say 4 new tryes  but only simon will know whats in the pot   to work out the prize ,, and will help the club heaps with other thing,  think its only fair if we try and help the club as we are the ones who use it every day and nights   your thoughts please simon and members  Question
bluemoonrising

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much funding so much, but possible cost savings that may be useful.

Feel free to tell me to get stuffed as I am new here having only acquired one of these at the weekend.

If you run your own hardware, I have a couple of decent spec scsi raid units sat around doing nothing 500 GB - 10 TB that may be of use the next time you need to upgrade that you can have for collection.

As is more likely and your using a hosting service I am a domain and hosting reseller ( I haven't done any reselling for over a year but use it to get wholesale pricing for my customers) which may or not be cheaper than your retail hosting package at renewal.

and finally I maybe able to offer some assitance should you require to migrate up from bb2 and mysql in the future. (Not until April at the earliest though as I am chogga)

I am not looking to profit in anyway and helped other forums that I use in the past in the same similar ways.
I know I cant offer much mechnaically to the forum so the above is just offering my spares/contacts/skills in exchange for not having the micky ripped out me when I ask the stupid questions about the truck further down the line.

Feel free to delete if you think I doing anything out of turn or generally being a cheaky sod, as its not my intention.

EDIT: Just been on your website and without telling you to suck eggs in any way, allowing your competitors with the big advertising budgets to advertise on you site might severely reduce your possible commission, e.g. someone has found your site just reading the blurb up pops the moustach bloke from gocompare they recognise it from the annoying singing adverts and click, no using your website. in my humble opinion you would be better off concentrating your adsense data on the potential sellers of the products your offering insurance services for so, such as car dealers caravan sales, estate agents etc rather your competitiors
neil-tce
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 20:25    Post subject: Re: £2 a month raffle Reply with quote

NYRA wrote:
whats £2 a month he`s what am thinking  2 quid into a raffle VIA SIMON every month for the life time member only and them who are not LTM can join as LTM  and have goodies up for grads

now depends whats in the pot at the end of the month let say  a service or the parts to do a full service ,or brake pads and shoes or gearbox fliuds  and a top PRIZE of say 4 new tryes  but only simon will know whats in the pot   to work out the prize ,, and will help the club heaps with other thing,  think its only fair if we try and help the club as we are the ones who use it every day and nights   your thoughts please simon and members  Question

Ok Simon, what was the thought on this... yes i know its an old post.

Or how about a pocuk lottery once a month..

there must be something along these lines that could be done.. even if you done it all accross the yd clubs, as one lottery, and had say 3 prizes a month. that would be great..
Andith

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell the YD's ??

i'd happily pay no problem

i contributed to get 1 but received none.

can you not just sell them from the home page ? i'd happily pay money for one.
NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andith wrote:
Sell the YD's ??

i'd happily pay no problem

i contributed to get 1 but received none.

can you not just sell them from the home page ? i'd happily pay money for one.
its on the home page  http://www.yellowdiamondclubs.com/
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

My automatic £10.00p donation to help run the Club was paid by Standing Order today. Smile

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: