Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Club funding ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob cole wrote:
My automatic £10.00p donation to help run the Club was paid by Standing Order today. Smile

Bob

Can see your halo from here Bob.  Very Happy  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon, I live in France with the Paj on French plates so UK insurance is a non starter but is there any other way I can alternatively assist.
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon, I know this may go against the grain, but the info available on here is well used and invaluable to many and, as with many other clubs, an initial nominal joining fee and thereafter an annual fee would surely be a pssible way it could go. Say, something like £5-10 joining fee and £10 per annum should be affordable and reasonable. Appreciably the POCUK club has been for many years absolutely free but it seems many use it solely for ongoing help and technical info and nothing else and in so doing saving fortunes on garage repair bills so £10 would not be missed by the majority. I, like many others, would be more than comfortable paying an annual fee.
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner2110 wrote:
Hi Simon, I know this may go against the grain, but the info available on here is well used and invaluable to many and, as with many other clubs, an initial nominal joining fee and thereafter an annual fee would surely be a pssible way it could go. Say, something like £5-10 joining fee and £10 per annum should be affordable and reasonable. Appreciably the POCUK club has been for many years absolutely free but it seems many use it solely for ongoing help and technical info and nothing else and in so doing saving fortunes on garage repair bills so £10 would not be missed by the majority. I, like many others, would be more than comfortable paying an annual fee.

I have never felt very comfortable charging people for the information they have provided for free ...

I have looked once or twice and thought to myself ... 50,000+ members - £10/yr membership fee - happy days!

But then - I believe the biggest reason we reached 50,000+ members, (and other Paj online clubs have come and gone over the years), is BECAUSE this one is free to join.

The Google Ads generate some revenue, (when clicked 'by a genuinely interested viewer' Rolling Eyes ), and the insurance referrals and online book sales all help, then, of course, there are those generous enough to have set up a PayPal subscription (can't find the link - I MUST sort that out) ... so, there's just about enough in the coffers to keep things ticking over.

Unfortunately, the 'unexpected' does happen now and again - this year, on top of the annual server support fees, I need to fork out an unexpected grand and a half for a server upgrade Sad

If anybody wants to help out financially, then donations can be made online in the CLUB SHOP (link at the top of the page)

Am I looking to change this policy in the near future?

I don't think so.

Thanks for resurrecting this topic thumbleft thumbright

Simon Smile
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally remembered to pay for Lifetime Membership - been meaning to do it for ages!

It's not a massive amount of money but hopefully it will help a bit.
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
Roadrunner2110 wrote:

I have never felt very comfortable charging people for the information they have provided for free ...

I have looked once or twice and thought to myself ... 50,000+ members - £10/yr membership fee - happy days!

But then - I believe the biggest reason we reached 50,000+ members, (and other Paj online clubs have come and gone over the years), is BECAUSE this one is free to join.

The Google Ads generate some revenue, (when clicked 'by a genuinely interested viewer' Rolling Eyes ), and the insurance referrals and online book sales all help, then, of course, there are those generous enough to have set up a PayPal subscription (can't find the link - I MUST sort that out) ... so, there's just about enough in the coffers to keep things ticking over.

Unfortunately, the 'unexpected' does happen now and again - this year, on top of the annual server support fees, I need to fork out an unexpected grand and a half for a server upgrade Sad

If anybody wants to help out financially, then donations can be made online in the CLUB SHOP (link at the top of the page)

Am I looking to change this policy in the near future?

I don't think so.

Thanks for resurrecting this topic thumbleft thumbright

Simon Smile

Your ideals and ethics are very commendable Simon and I wish you all the ongoing best of luck.

To anyone who doubts the integity of POCUK I can honestly state that of 99% of sensible queries and questions asked on here 99% will be sensibly answered by at least one member. It has to be one of the most knowledgeable Japanese 4x4 websites particularly for Pajero's and Shogun's but also Delica's  and other Japanese 4x4's. IMHO it's well worth a voluntary contribution annually to keep this club afloat and viable as a knowledge base.  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: