QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

So long Nick! Lost in life, remembered forever!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Nick the Nurse - Nick Frain - RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbro
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a big lump in my throat looking at the pictures. The turnout just shows how much everyone loved Nick
So sorry we couldn't make it but we will raise a glass to Nick at Taz's and Steve's on Saturday

God Bless Kath
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 13:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

jimb01
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

well what a day ,a convoy of paj's seeing off a dear mate,it was nice to be warmly greeted by you all and project black i think blew all our radio's into the weeds what a system hope net sniper got his truck fixed  and did any one film the convoy with all the lights on,the flowers were great dawn brillient,came back though llanon at 8.30 last night with my haedlights on music playing and sounded me horn past were my new mate used to live R.I.P NICK MY MATE

Last edited by jimb01 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 22:52; edited 1 time in total
dpruk

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Nick had a great send off, wish I could of been there
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimb01 wrote:
well what a day ,a convoy of paj's seeing off a dear mate,it was nice to be warmly greeted by you all and project black i think blew all our radio's into the weeds what a system hope net sniper got his truck fixed i must of missed the video is there a link ! and did any one film the convoy with all the lights on,the flowers were great dawn brillient,came back though llanon at 8.30 last night with my haedlights on music playing and sounded me horn past were my new mate used to live R.I.P NICK MY MATE

Your right M8 it was great and such a warm welcome by all, my Paj is ok I just need to re-wire my spots   Shocked still don't know why they decided to catch fire so to speak but hey that's life and I'm sure Nick would have had a good laugh about it  Laughing  Laughing after yesterday my daughter is now considering a SWB and trading in her 20 year old Mini  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing and I don't know what to say about  project black  Rolling Eyes except WOW  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing I want one  Laughing  Laughing Well done to all and well done to you to Dawn those flowers were amazing  Wink  Wink
El Ricko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netsniperthefirst wrote:
jimb01 wrote:
well what a day ,a convoy of paj's seeing off a dear mate,it was nice to be warmly greeted by you all and project black i think blew all our radio's into the weeds what a system hope net sniper got his truck fixed i must of missed the video is there a link ! and did any one film the convoy with all the lights on,the flowers were great dawn brillient,came back though llanon at 8.30 last night with my haedlights on music playing and sounded me horn past were my new mate used to live R.I.P NICK MY MATE

Your right M8 it was great and such a warm welcome by all, my Paj is ok I just need to re-wire my spots   Shocked still don't know why they decided to catch fire so to speak but hey that's life and I'm sure Nick would have had a good laugh about it  Laughing  Laughing after yesterday my daughter is now considering a SWB and trading in her 20 year old Mini  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing and I don't know what to say about  project black  Rolling Eyes except WOW  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing I want one  Laughing  Laughing Well done to all and well done to you to Dawn those flowers were amazing  Wink  Wink

i found a bit of melted plastic stuck to me when i got home!
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god for my leaky truck...otherwise i wouldn't have been able to stop you smouldering...lol....hope your fingers better Colin!!!! Wink
RayDudley48
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can i say,everyone has said it already.It was an honour to be part of the farewell for Nick.
 I now realise this is not a club its a FAMILY, a way of life.
 Jase & Maz you are something special,your organising skills are second to none. congrats

Peace and Happiness to Kath & Family. We are only a phone call away.

Ray&Nessa.

JIB UP.
petelgv1

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday i will remember for a very very long time.
Due to certain problems i decided that the only way financially i could get there was in the wife's Zafira.
 I set off towards the M6, but changed my mind and took the M1/A50. This change turned into a very good decision, because half way along the A50, i was driving along listening to Rod stewart (wife's music) when two Pajero's over-took me in a little hurry  Rolling Eyes It was a long haired guy in a V6 and a big man in his big 2.8..(Jimmy and Baddoo).
 I eventually got there attention and turned the sat nav off, with the intention of following them to the meeting point. We soon met up with Big J and Mandie, after going round the roundabout twice  Very Happy
It was when we turned into a housing estate that i thought either Jimmy is using Nick's Sat nav or we were lost. Confused
No, this turned out to be Jase (sid73) house. So within 5 minutes i had a knife in my hand and two loaf's of bread to butter  
I was then very honoured to be helping with something. I even got paid in the way of a coffee.
 I then laid down the seats in the Zafira and we filled it with the Buffet. so vauxhall's are good for something.
We took the Buffet to the Club and left the Zafira there.
I then had the luck of riding with Brian (Baddoo) in his 2.8 for the rest of the day. (thanks mate)
 Every single part of the day went so well, Everyone who turned up were talking about what a great guy Nick IS.
The procession was very good leading to the church with Nick's Pajero behind him. The service was good with Ivor doing a great speech from Richie. From there we went on to the crematorium and said our final farewells to a very great man. The flowers were very nice (well done Dawn).
 We then went onto the Club in a very, very loud convoy.. This again gave us time to chat and reflect on our chat's, Pm's and meet up's with Nick.
 This is just a short blog of my day.  I am so glad i had the chance to be there and say good bye.
Jase, Maz and everyone else who helped organise the day, you helped give Nick a great send off.
 Kath and Claire... my thoughts are with you.
Pete.
big j
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

under the circumstances me n mandie wouldn't have missed this, to here people remenissing about nick doing this or saying that, helping here or getting lost there.we all gave him a good send off, the folk who were fortunate enuff to be able to turn up saw a great specticle (and not just big black) but the rest of you were there in spirit to help with his send off.

now can everyone stop writing new stuff coz my eyes cant take any more of this blubbering (not really, you carry on i'll buy shares in a tissue company)
Paul83c
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice as we left Apedale i think it was the first road on the left we went past was called...

Forum Road

I thought it was kinda strange in a way.
jimb01
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats odd i did notice forgot to mention that ,when we pulled in that layby who was filming us it was a women with a camcorder i think has the vid been put on here,just wondering
Paul83c
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lady came running over big smile on her face all excited and asked what was going on video in hand...

her face when she was told was priceless. Laughing

Ive not seen anything on youtube yet.
jimb01
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit odd to be just there with a camcorder  Shocked
Paul83c
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was just her phone... will wait for the vid on youtube see how good the quality is...

when was the last time anyone used a camcorder?
jimb01
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops thats me age showing Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Nick the Nurse - Nick Frain - RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: