QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Strictly Pajeros...? (and hello!)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark_46

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 22:32    Post subject: Strictly Pajeros...? (and hello!) Reply with quote

Hi, I've been lurking for a while Laughing

I have gone from idle dreaming to serious dreaming to considering to teetering on the edge of deciding to seriously look for a Pajero - pref 2.8 lwb - and I was just wondering whether anyone had had any experience of Strictly Pajeros, he advertises on Autotrader, but I can't find an independent website.  All I know is he's 174 miles away so I don't really want to embark on a 3h journey only to discover it's a wasted trip iykwim?

Any advice/views greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 22:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without trying to blacken their name or character, or making slanderous remarks etc, I personally remember reading a few posts and also chatting in the chatroom more recently, where that trading name has cropped up......... and maybe you should look around a bit more Wink
ROY H
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont even think of going there,Ive been there,done it and taken the b*******d to trade standards and vosa.I have it in black and white on paper.Thats all im saying
Mark_46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, fellas Confused

I suspected as much, tbh - after posting I did some more digging and found he had another car on autotrader, using a very similar name to the one I quoted... and I'd seen a thread earlier on here about the place - I think it's yours, Roy... Shame, because the car I was interested in looks good... Sad

Appreciate the heads-up - hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction, Roy.

And all being well I will see you both again on these boards, as an owner of a decent Paj Laughing

M.
Jimbro
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're on the lookout, there's another in Stirling to be wary of
There's been a lot of negative posts about them too

Won't mention the name but have a wee search though this section and you'll find it
davidp

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the classified ads on here sure someone was selling a 2.8 lwb blue silver the other week.I bought mine from a reputable dealer but i think if i was buying another i would go private, as you can pick them up a lot cheaper knowing now what to look for
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop Nick Dudley a PM  Wink  Very Happy
johndps

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aftera  2.5 or 2.8?
swb or lwb?
Mark_46

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys  thumbleft

A combination of my extensive lurking and background reading and my needs (wants?!), I'm after a 2.8 LWB...

...yeah, I prob should go private but I have this silly notion that I'm not as likely to get stung if I go to a dealer Laughing
KnT

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick dudley has a nice one for sale
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevntrace wrote:
nick dudley has a nice one for sale

That's why I previously suggested that he/she should drop Nick Dudley a PM......... Nicks 2.8 LWB is a beauty.

As for dealers Evil or Very Mad  , what is their warranty/guarantee actually worth? If you travel a lot of miles to buy one, and something goes wrong within the warranty/guarantee period, they would want you to bring it back to them, (at your own cost), and when you look into it, it is just so they can bodge the repair job as cheaply as possible (trade price spares, their own labour etc). The loaded extra price that you pay when buying from a dealer, is not worth it, when buying any car aged over 10 years, maybe even less than 10 years. You are better off buying the right motor privately, at a price that is acceptable to you, keeping the difference between private and dealer in your pocket, to cover any unforseen circumstances, if they happen to occur.
Mark_46

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will do... although I need to hit the magic number of posts before I can actually do that Laughing
mufftrix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was In Bolton Today on maneuvers Smile

I had read up about STRICTLY PAJEROS and now using CARS 2 GO LTD also!

Thought what hell will have a look while I am here!

Rang up and the bloke was cagey about giving his exact location??? (more on that in min!)

He told me postcode and said he would tell me where they were when I got to the trading estate!

I found place but couldn`t see any cars so had to ring him! He directed me to round a few corners to what looked like a Pajero scrapyard (now the reason for not telling me?? I would have drove off ha-ha!)

Got out and he was busy with jump leads on a lwb for some victim/customer on way???

He pointed to 3 sad looking swb and said prices but wasn`t really listening at this point  Very Happy

they were the most tired looking examples I have come accross, and he had a few more lwb looking equally as bad!

In a fenced off area there were several donor vehicles in various states of distress!

I said sorry mate they not for me? he said ok and caried on with his open heart surgery on lwb!

Bottom line I wouldn`t bother unless you nearby and wan`t a laugh!
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be prestwich ind estate in atherton then, used to be bulloughs nut and bolt works.
why does no one want to tell anyone where the chancers work from? been to the place for another member on here and the cars you saw have been there for an absolute age. the bloke actually lives in leigh.
(did get told the other day that he has been getting nocturnal visitors looking for parts)lol.

anyone who does talk to him shouls also report him to autotrader as they don't seem to mind allowing scam artists and chancers using their site to take folks hard earned off em Rolling Eyes
mufftrix

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

gegs750k4 wrote:
that would be prestwich ind estate in atherton then, used to be bulloughs nut and bolt works.
why does no one want to tell anyone where the chancers work from? been to the place for another member on here and the cars you saw have been there for an absolute age. the bloke actually lives in leigh.
(did get told the other day that he has been getting nocturnal visitors looking for parts)lol.

anyone who does talk to him shouls also report him to autotrader as they don't seem to mind allowing scam artists and chancers using their site to take folks hard earned off em Rolling Eyes

It certainly unreal never seen such a scrapyard ha-ha!

Tell you what though if I had drove xxx miles and got there to find what greets you! I would lets say be a tad unhappy Twisted Evil  ha-ha!

What makes me laugh is the descriptions in autotrader make the cars sound so desirable? He should have been a story teller or a Politician  ha-ha!

Wants a big Sticky so any members don`t go there really?

I was lucky was just in area anyhow, and just killing time while Wife was visiting friends Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: