Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

french registration

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluemoon465

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 17:52    Post subject: french registration Reply with quote

hi
   I am in process of registering our 1995 lwb kick roof Pajero .Have read excellent post by Daisy and am filling in form from mitsi france for coc.I e-mailed mitsi tokyo for weights since kick roof would be different and they e-mailed me the details of our Pajero.Weights are similar(  they dont have towing weights in Japan)but the axle weight av2 seems a bit different - best use what they gave me though        KURB      2100 KG
                        GROSS    2485 KG
                    MAX AV1     1080 KG
                    MAX AV2      1385KG
    I was wondering what to put on the form for factory type -  type usine-  is this xr11  or the V46WGHRXF part perhaps you could help if you read this Daisy  thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 17:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi  Very Happy , only just read this - but I'm out now for a few hours. If you still need the info, I'll see if I can dig up my dossier and help.  Very Happy
Catch you later.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, Don't know if this is too late to help - I put KD-446WG RPFI, I can't honestly remember where I got that number, but it isn't the V46-4202498, which is the number of identification - or at least that's what I put and they seemed happy... Confused
bluemoon465

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply daisy.I took all docs to prefecture in limoges and they sent me to DREAL as expected lodged form with them to await appointment.However received letter from them on sat to say dossier was incomplete and before they can proceed i need to go to mitsi dealer and have frappe a froid amended to 17 digits and have a corresponding plaque constructeur made!!!!!I know uk and euro cars have 17 digits but ours have only 10  and a seperate model no but as long as the frappe a froid and plaque under bonnet are same what diff does it make?I'm about to phone just now as they are only opened till 12 each day  watch this space!!!
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need to go to a Mitsi dealer €€€€  Confused ... I got the one for my trailer done by the local garage_ €20 and did my own 'constructors plate' - and I have only 10 digits on all documentation  Wink
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume ypou have your Certificate of Partial Conformity back from Mitsi? If not i think you're jumping the gun. With that it really shouldn't be a problem  Confused
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

sending PM
bluemoon465

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks daisy but i phoned the dreal and they are insisting that there is a new regulation for older cars and it must have a 17 digit no de serie I know you made up the new plate with the weights on and i can also do this myself but the are insisting on the frappe a froid having 17 and a proper mitsi plaque that matches with 17  how is this possible?will phone mitsi france to see if they can clarify  think the 17 digit only applies to euro vehicles but dreal say no   all seems a bit stupide frappe matches chassis  no on vin plate so what's the problem?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bureaucracy  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes This is the first I've heard of this... my Blue line trailer has only 6 numbers on the form... and we started the procedure in April, so perhaps it's only Mitsubishis...?  Confused If you're still stuck I'll have a word with the guys on Frdiay to see about the new regulations..
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a good look, and the form for reception a titre isolé dated 01/04/2010 is identical to the one I did before in 2008-: This is what it says under the place you put the vehicle chassis number:

(ce numéro, habituellement à 17 caractères, se trouve sur le certificat d’immatriculation et sur la plaque du constructeur. Il est aussi frappé sur le châssis ou la coque du véhicule).
It says nothing about 'il doit etre 17  caracteres', ( it MUST be 17 characters), just that it 'habitually is 17 characters'. I have looked and I can't find any new regulations relating to this.
However Wikipedia France has some interesting details:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Number

I think this is the relevant bit:

Exemple code VIN [modifier]

Mazda Miata MX5 = JM 1 NA 351 2 L 0 100014:

* JM Identification du constructeur : JM = Mazda Japon  
   * 1 Type de véhicule : 1 = automobile, 2 = camion, 3 = MPV
   * N Identification du modèle : N = Miata (MX-5)
   * A Identification de la génération du modèle :
         o A = première génération (1990 - 1997),
         o B = seconde génération (1999 - ...)
   * 351 Type de toit :
         o 351 = voiture produite avec toit rigide et toit souple noir ou Speedster edition 1997,
         o 352 = voiture produite sans toit rigide avec toit souple noir,
         o 353 = voiture produite avec ou sans toit rigide avec toit souple tan
   * 2 Numéro de validation seulement
   * L Année de production du véhicule :
         o L = 1990, M = 1991, N = 1992, P = 1993, R = 1994, S = 1995, T = 1996, V = 1997, X = 1999
   * 0 Usine de production : 0 = Hiroshima, 1 = Hofu
   * 100014 Numéro incrémental dont le premier chiffre représente néanmoins l'année du véhicule : 1 = 1990 et 1999, 2 = 1991, 3 = 1992, 4 = 1993, 5 = 1994, 6 = 1995, 7 = 1996 et 1997

SIMPLES ... not Rolling Eyes
bluemoon465

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things gettin worse  spoke to chef at DREAL said def must have 17 caracteres aucune derogation sur ce point n'est possible   told him have copy of carte grise for same model same year with 10 caracteres  said that was an error!!!!!!!!!! should not have been given  what about tous les autres????spoke to mitsi paris told me same have to write to them asking to have chassis re frapped and new plaque issued £££££££££££££££££££££££ dont have many options  que fait?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you? I'd be inclined to start fresh in a department where it's been done before - I can't believe that this is the case. BTW please don't send the details of mine in... I don't want to suddenly find it de-registered!! Shocked  Shocked There's lots of people who have done this. What do they do with all the other cars imported from other non european countries by French people??? It really smacks of having hit an anti - English guy in charge. How high up is the chef you spoke to? I'd ask for written proof of the new ruling.
Here's a point: If as they say it's only come in this year as a new ruling then  why is mine from 2009 ( and the others ) wrong????? Wink

I assume the 10 digit number is on your Certificate of partial conformity from Mitsubishi. I think i'd get in touch with Mitsubishi - head office NOT the local one if you haven't already done so and ask them for advice. Say you know quite a few people who have registered their Pajs without much problem etc.
I assume you are dealing with them using the  French language?
bluemoon465

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naturellement je parle bien le francais.The chap i spoke to today at the dreal said it was not a new ruling but was always the case.I am in limousin and the prefecture in Limoges covers the whole Haute-Vienne so it is not possible to go elsewhere as have to register in region you live.I spoke to mitsi in Paris where the coc came from but they agreed with dreal but said i should have frappe a froid and 2 other constructors plaques i can only find the one under the bonnet  anyway as i said they told me to write to them to request new frappe and plaque.Therre must be quite a few pajeros in France now and i doubt if any have done this   most seem to follow your lead  prob  not just mitsis but toyota etc.Dont worry i wont send your copy carte grise but i doubt if they can de-register you     er  it is France tho  seem to make up rules as they go along Exclamation  Exclamation Going to mitsi dealer in Limoges demain see if they have opinion   Rolling Eyes the  saga continues Sad
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh joy..... bonne chance  Rolling Eyes !!
Jobsworth springs to mind...

I made my own extra plaque and riveted it in the engine compartment - made from an aluminium toilet sign bought in Leclerc brico, ( badly)  hand engraved with a hobby engraver on the reverse side. The Bordeaux lot were happy with that  Laughing
bluemoon465

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had family over for week so just getting back on case today.Went to mitsi dealer in Limoges he said it was normal for jap cars to have 10 digits and didn't understand prob gave me name of woman in charge at mitsi homologation in Paris  Mme Brivady  her name on signature of coc  phoned her and she wasn't too happy with DREAL as she said 10 digits normal and they would not re- frappe chassis etc as no need .She said she would send me e-mail to take to DREAL but am still waiting for it   will phone in morning if not here today  then i can go and see nice man at DREAL  should be interesting violent1  a demain   billy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: