2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Warning: Plastic expansion tank

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deandownunder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 0:17    Post subject: Warning: Plastic expansion tank Reply with quote

If your Delica is pre '97 my advice is to replace the plastic expansion tank located on the LHS guard just in front of the windscreen washer tank. With age and degradation these things have a nasty habit of fracturing without warning and if the fracture is large enough and the engine hot enough, can run you out of coolant really quickly. I caught mine just in time. Cheers, Dean.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 0:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

sambsam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean, How much did the tank cost?

I note that Hikari have got this tank as one of their regular repair items
sambsam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my last..........

Here is the shortcut to the Hikari Repair and service items page. This lists the items they repair regularly

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http://www.hikariauto.co.jp/navi/../parts/11repair.htm
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam
i beleive mits rush about £120 for a replacement that was from brtn mitsubishi,expensive but cheaper than a new lump Shocked atb

Marc 8)
deandownunder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, too right they are expensive but a lot cheaper than a new motor. Some of the guys here have repaired their tanks. They obviously like living on the edge. It looks like the top tank on the radiator is also plastic (albeit a different kind). I presume the bottom tank is the same. Hikari don't list these parts as high wear but I wonder what the life expectancy is? Does anyone know? I guess metal deteriorates just as fast if not faster so the right sort of plastic is probably better. My new expansion tank cost 250 Pacific Pesos, around a hundred quid in your money,so there's really not much difference.
It's nice to see Mitsu ripping you guy's off just as much as us. Cheers, Dean.
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there's no reason, apart from shape, why it would have to be a Mitsu expansion tank. I think I'll get one from the breakers off a newish wreck and fabricate a bracket to fit it should the need arise!
Pete
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: