eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero battery change, now nothing works, help please.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glnta77

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:00    Post subject: Pajero battery change, now nothing works, help please. Reply with quote

I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5L GDI

I disconnected the battery yesterday as it was flat. About two hours later I fitted a new battery. Since then I have been unable to get the screen to come on and nothing works.

When I press the power/volume button on the MR 517928 all I get is a static sound (as if the radio isn’t tuned in properly) The navigation unit (MR 359980) under the seat seems to be playing, it can eject and receive the nav CD with no problems. The 6 disc changer (MZ 594706) excepts and ejects CD’s Okay and you can change from Disc 1 to 3, etc with no problems but no music. The A/C (MR500544) all works fine with no problems.

I have checked all fuses under the steering wheel and in the engine bay, none are blown. I have disconnected all the units and plugged them back in one at a time but still only static when turned on and no life from the screen.

I am at a loss of what to do next. I cannot believe just changing the car battery has done this.

Any ideas of what the problem is would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

paulb1970

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mate   Wink

Just a quick thought - if you have disconnected all the plugs from the sat nav unit under the seat - double check you have put ALL the plugs in and check if the wire's are sitting tight in the plugs ...

As i have just recently fitted a freeview box to my system and noticed that my screen connects to my nav system

Good luck   Wink
glnta77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulb1970 wrote:
Hello mate   Wink

Just a quick thought - if you have disconnected all the plugs from the sat nav unit under the seat - double check you have put ALL the plugs in and check if the wire's are sitting tight in the plugs ...

As i have just recently fitted a freeview box to my system and noticed that my screen connects to my nav system

Good luck   Wink

Checked and double checked all the plugs mate, and only disconnected everything after checking all fuses when screen had no life, still nothing. I have a special hammer to use in a minute  Wink
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

might sound daft - but disconnect the battery or battery's and reconect and might kick back in  Question

it sounds as though it's just something daft - like power surge froze the screen or something , worth a try though   Wink

where is your screen situated  Question  mine's on top of dash - Have you checked to see if it's got a reset button on back for screen  Question
glnta77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted  Very Happy  Very Happy . Got this off another website  Exclamation

1. Turn ignition key to ACC
2. Eject CD from Nav unit
3. Turn off iginition.
4. Disconnect battery for 5 minutes.
5. Reconnect battery.
6. Turn ignition key to ACC
7. Put CD back in NAV unit.

This obviously kicks it back into life. Well pleased. Smile

That's for the replies.
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you sorted it  Wink

Just out of interest is your screen on top of Dash like mine  Question

If YES - Do you know the model no of your SAT NAV Player under Passenger seat  Question

And are you Running an English Sat Nav Disk  Question

As im trying to locate a REEBOOT Disk and ENGLISH Sat Nav Disk for mine   Wink
glnta77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulb1970 wrote:
Glad you sorted it  Wink

Just out of interest is your screen on top of Dash like mine  Question

If YES - Do you know the model no of your SAT NAV Player under Passenger seat  Question

And are you Running an English Sat Nav Disk  Question

As im trying to locate a REEBOOT Disk and ENGLISH Sat Nav Disk for mine   Wink

Yes it is but no buttons to left like yours. I can't post a pic as newbie, I had one ready on Photobucket as well  Exclamation
Go to photobucket, under search images bar, type "glnta77" (my user name), click seach, then at top left you see Glnta77 and button "Follow", click it, then click "click here to see this user's profile", then you can see the dash layout.
Mine has the controls under the screen on a seperate unit, buttons line up with settings at bottom of screen.

Nav unit under seat is MR359980, it is running the Jap nav disc. You cannot get english cd for it, it will NOT work. I have extensively researched this to no avail  Sad  It is the general concensus that the main (Jap) software is on the rom of the nav drive) Unless you possibly flash that rom with english software (which you cant get) it will be Jap everytime, and if you flash the rom there is a chance you will brick the nav unit totally.

I have ordered a reboot disc from NZ last night just so I have it in case of future mishaps. I can burn you a copy when I receive it if you want. Don't know how long post takes from NZ. Have you the same Nav unit as me ?? If you have, the reboot disc you need is the MR438854. There are places on the net that you can download from (Russia mainly) but they do not work, files corrupted. That's why I ordered one from NZ

I'm not sure what the disc does that came with the car when I bought it but it makes the whole lot work so I'm happy. The disc has Japanese writing all over it  Exclamation
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i've got fitted .....

Radio Model No - MR329989

Sat Nav Model No - MR268875

Freeview Box

This is the Disc i got with mine  
my system work's with or without it - it's maps of japan

I was told CD-ROM 1 is what i needed for the UK Question
glnta77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting my boot cd from itexnz dot webs dot com      (cant post link as newbie) but the boot CD is still Japanese.

They sell discs for about 20 different Nav units, all models listed, but not yours  Exclamation  Check them out under "Car Audio", then "MMCS Start CD"

You can buy all the discs you want for the UK but you will never get the nav or system functions to change into english, GUARENTEED.

What Mitsi have you got, interestingly I see you have the tv working, I have the TV module also under pass seat, but all I get is signal from Japan, very erratic (as NTSC not Pal) how did you get a good picture  Question  Question and is that picture Japanese or english tv program  Question i'VE JUST REALIZED FROM YOUR PICS, THAT'S FREEVIEW YEAH  Exclamation  Exclamation Did you disconnect the Jap tuner and plug in freeview instead  Question  Question  obivously needed a lead adapter  Question  Question

CD-ROM 1 is software MR343915, Atlas RD MCS Version 8.3N CD-ROM 10M : 1999, Still JAPANESE
CD-ROM 2 is software MR343915, MMCS : Version 9.4W : CD-ROM 10M : 2001, still Japanese

I couldn't find the TV Tuner anywhere, something has been taken from under driver's seat, I have checked behind lining on both rear wheel arches. The only small box I have is next to the Nav unit under passenger seat, this says KMC-S4 (MMCS) and Sigma Speed Shop. I know from research that this is something to do with the alarm system.
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like i'll give up on the fitted nav for now then   Sad

Yeah i added a freeview box which has 4 video outputs and built in games through my TV Tuner ...

My TV Tuner after searching high and low for it ( as some pics on here showed it here there and everywhere )
is fitted in the passenger footwell - it didnt have the phono plugs on mine which by the sounds of where yours is you might have phono plugs on yours  Question
mine had 3.5mm jack plugs which i just got a couple of adapters and changed them to phono ...

TV Tuner Model No - TU-8790

The 4 thick black cables are old analogue aerials - which no longer needed and were chopped at rear anyways ...

Question  Question  Question  Your TV MODULE under passenger seat and you cant find TV TUNER   Question  Question  Question

From what ive found they are 1 unit not seperates .... unless i havent come across something  Question  Question  Question

All my original entertainment is left connected and just run the Freeview Box through the TV Tuner   Wink

Check under your front passenger carpet for your TV TUNER if your not sure if uve found it or not - you should even feel it without lifting carpet hard steel box
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea   I am now thinking about adding 1 of these MEOS GPS NAVIGATION MODULES which should work with my original touchscreen   Idea

I have also got 1 or 2 loose plugs under seat next to sat nav unit - which i think is just for different model sat nav units

MY PAJ - P - REG (96) 2.8 PAJERO EXCEED LWB ( 7 SEATER ) (AUTO)

What's Your's  Question

Click the link in my signature below for more pic's of odd's and end's
glnta77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="paulb1970"]Looks like i'll give up on the fitted nav for now then   Sad

Yeah i added a freeview box which has 4 video outputs and built in games through my TV Tuner ...

My TV Tuner after searching high and low for it ( as some pics on here showed it here there and everywhere )
is fitted in the passenger footwell

Question  Question  Question  Your TV MODULE under passenger seat and you cant find TV TUNER   Question  Question  Question

I didn't say TV Module is under passenger seat, It's the Nav Unit and Alarm Box, judging by size of your TV Module, I think mine's under large bump in carpet under driver's seat, will be grief getting it out  Sad

From what ive found they are 1 unit not seperates .... unless i havent come across something  Question  Question  Question You haven't, they are one unit

All my original entertainment is left connected and just run the Freeview Box through the TV Tuner   Wink

If the TV signal is NTSC, would it not be a simple case of buying a NTSC to Pal convertor and wiring it in-line with the signal to the TV Tuner/Module  Question  I am assuming it is because the signal still originates from Japan via GPS ( Question ) and therefore if converted to Pal it will then show nothing at all on the TV  Question
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say TV Module is under passenger seat, It's the Nav Unit and Alarm Box, judging by size of your TV Module, I think mine's under large bump in carpet under driver's seat, will be grief getting it out  

glnta77 wrote:
I'm getting my boot cd from itexnz dot webs dot com      (cant post link as newbie) but the boot CD is still Japanese.

They sell discs for about 20 different Nav units, all models listed, but not yours  Exclamation  Check them out under "Car Audio", then "MMCS Start CD"

You can buy all the discs you want for the UK but you will never get the nav or system functions to change into english, GUARENTEED.

What Mitsi have you got, interestingly I see you have the tv working, I have the TV module also under pass seat, but all I get is signal from Japan, very erratic (as NTSC not Pal) how did you get a good picture  Question  Question and is that picture Japanese or english tv program  Question i'VE JUST REALIZED FROM YOUR PICS, THAT'S FREEVIEW YEAH  Exclamation  Exclamation Did you disconnect the Jap tuner and plug in freeview instead  Question  Question  obivously needed a lead adapter  Question  Question

CD-ROM 1 is software MR343915, Atlas RD MCS Version 8.3N CD-ROM 10M : 1999, Still JAPANESE
CD-ROM 2 is software MR343915, MMCS : Version 9.4W : CD-ROM 10M : 2001, still Japanese

I couldn't find the TV Tuner anywhere, something has been taken from under driver's seat, I have checked behind lining on both rear wheel arches. The only small box I have is next to the Nav unit under passenger seat, this says KMC-S4 (MMCS) and Sigma Speed Shop. I know from research that this is something to do with the alarm system.

I knew i was'nt imagining things    Wink

My freeview box is both NTSC/PAL so all you need the tuner for is to run the FREEVIEW BOX through it and hey presto
ALL UK CHANNELS AND RADIO STATIONS   Wink

Just leave all original equipment in and just add to it through your tuner ...

Also add a SAT NAV MODULE - as long as your built in screen is TOUCH SCREEN  Wink
glnta77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus I must be losing it  Smile  I haven't even found out where the TV Tuner is  Very Happy  Very Happy

My screen isn't touch, shame but not really fused about sat nav, have portable ones. There is a firm in Dorset or cornwall who can sort out english sat nav via original screeen (wheither touch screen or not) in whatever Pajero you have, but they charge £700.00 + VAT  Shocked  Shocked and TV working for £400.00 + VAT

Now I'm hunting for the TV Tuner, first thing to go will be the driver's seat  Exclamation
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry we all lose it with age Wink

TV working for £400.00 + VAT    Shocked

Cost £40  for freeview box and works perfect and 4 video outputs for other screens with games built in for kids  Wink

As for your TUNER - If you can find your TV Tuner aerial  Question  Try and trace it back to TUNER   Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: