Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero battery change, now nothing works, help please.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulb1970

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to another member ( STIBBS ) with a similar motor to yours he say's the following ------>

hi leee or sly u 2 seem to know your wires etc
ive got 3 wires going to my tv tuner 1 red 1 black and 1 blue/white
i want to put my freeview tv under the rear arch with the tv tuner
how do i wire my freeview to the wires that go to the tv tuner
ive got 1 red and 1 black coming from my freeview box
can i just wire the red to the red and the black to the body of the paj?

hope u understand lol

But he does'nt say which side  Question

Try and PM him to see which side   Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 22:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

glnta77

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the TV Tuner aerial look like ??
paulb1970

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

glnta77 wrote:
What's the TV Tuner aerial look like ??

Bearing in mind mine is the next shape down from yours

I had 2 aerial cables - 1 at each side at the back under the carpet - but they were choped so don't know what the actual aerials looked like ...

The easiest way might be to lift back seat up and have a good look around for something that looks like aerial cables and follow them to where ever ...

If you cant see any under seat it will be because your TUNER is fitted in the rear - My TUNER was fitted in the front and i seen aerial cables under seat ...

But from what ive seen on here it looks more than lightly that your TUNER  is fitted behind your rear passenger side panel ...

Does this look like your's  Question

glnta77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I investigated behind both rear side panels months ago, nothing in either of them, nothing large like a TV Tuner anyway. Just had a thought, in the second pic above, I only checked behind the dark grey panels, not the light grey ones as I thought that they are too near the windows, possibly no roon to fit a tuner.

I'll look under middle row of seats tomorrow. Nothing under the third row of seats, in my model Paj, they fold completely flat then pivot down and under the floor. Have put some pics on Photobucket in "Pajero" album. Second row of seats has armrest plus cup holders in the middle, not on the outside edge like yours.

In your third pic, is that the position you found your tv tuner in  Question  Question  I can't orientate the picture, is that the side of the footwell,, or back of footwell, if so one edge should be open totally as did have carpet/lining in front of it, or was it wedged up behind the glove box  Question  Question

Have a look at my "My 09 transit wrecked" album on photobucket. That was my beloved transit that I paid 31K  Shocked  Shocked  for, factory built custom edition, 3.2L 200bhp. Had it 9 months then on last xmas eve some kid, who had just bought his first car, smashed into it at 70 MPH whilst the van was parked on a main road in the early hours, broke my heart when I see it next day  Exclamation  Ford have still got it, they re-shelled it completely, new shell and chassis, I'm getting it back in three weeks, not bad as they have only had in 9 months  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  I'm a builder by the way.
paulb1970

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3 pics above are of another members 1999 - 2000 model , as i thought it was the same model as yours  Question  

As in the very 1st post you said yours was 1999 model - but i noticed in your photobucket pics its an 06 model ...

So now to search for the location of the TV Tuner in a 06 model   Wink

yeah nice transit - big enough for eveything you could ever need  Wink
paulb1970

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this post below , STIBBS has the same system as you  - But with a few mod's Wink

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81097&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

glnta77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulb1970 wrote:
The 3 pics above are of another members 1999 - 2000 model , as i thought it was the same model as yours  Question  

No it's not, well the back isn't at least. The cup holders for third row of seats are actually built into the wheel arches. No Armrests as in your pics.

As in the very 1st post you said yours was 1999 model - but i noticed in your photobucket pics its an 06 model ...

So now to search for the location of the TV Tuner in a 06 model   Wink

NO  Exclamation  Exclamation , search for a tuner in a 1999 model. My 4x4 was registered when it came into the country by DVLA in 2006, they see fit to put it on an 06 plate  Laughing  I have the letter from DVLA to prove it  Exclamation  Very Happy
Not only that, look at the shape of it, wrong shape for an 06 plate (front end mod'ed, amongst many other changes), but you can buy it for £12,000 if you wish  Wink Also, all surrounds for the gearsticks are polished chrome in 2006.

yeah nice transit - big enough for eveything you could ever need  Wink

Last edited by glnta77 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 16:18; edited 5 times in total
glnta77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="paulb1970"]Read this post below , STIBBS has the same system as you  - But with a few mod's Wink

I wouldnt want to mess about with the original units, The CD player I have down near the gearsticks is a 6-disc changer, I am more than happy with that there, works a treat. I fitted a radio band expander months ago so I get most of the radio stations, admittedly on a different frequency than normal (which does get irritating) but can live with it. I cetrtainly wouldn't want to relocate the A/C controls, it's tight in the dash especially down near gearsticks., or running two wiring extensions to the boot for the changer !!  Too much drama for little benefit.

I like your idea though of freeview, can have it and doesnt mess up original features.
paulb1970

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO  Exclamation  Exclamation , search for a tuner in a 1999 model. My 4x4 was registered when it came into the country by DVLA in 2006, they see fit to put it on an 06 plate  Laughing  I have the letter from DVLA to prove it  Exclamation  Very Happy
Not only that, look at the shape of it, wrong shape for an 06 plate (front end mod'ed, amongst many other changes), but you can buy it for £12,000 if you wish  Wink

Shocked  I think DVLA have F***ed right up putting your 1999 import on a 06 plate - all the better for you though   Wink

Mine was imported in 2005 - and put on a p-reg ( 96 )    dontknow

Those 3 pictures were from a 1999 - 2000 model same as yours - BUT  the pics were from a 3 door model thats why they look different from yours  Wink

The thing is he (STIBBS ) found his tuner in the rear pasenger side quarter panel as you can see in the picture  Exclamation

And you said you had checked the panels  Exclamation

I was originally told mine was in the back p/s panel and seen pics of other peoples in the panel .....

But mine wasnt there ..... I found mine in the Pasenger front floor under carpet right at the front ....

DID YOU CHECK THERE  Question
glnta77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tuner is definately not in rear wheel arch mouldings.

Haven't checked front Pass footwell yet, surely you'd feel it before ripping out the carpet. ??
paulb1970

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the case which my TV Tuner was in - the case is quite a size so it fits across the width of the footwell so it 's not felt when your feet are there

Notice it's on the sloped bit at the front so you would'nt feel it as much with your feet

This is the view of my TV Tuner in that case

Notice how the TV Tuner only takes up half the case otherwise you would feel it under your feet

The 4 thick black cables were my aerials which went to the back of car and were chopped for some reason

It only takes 5 mins to pull carpet back  Wink
glnta77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Not behind passenger footwell mate  Exclamation
El Ricko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulb1970 wrote:
Idea   I am now thinking about adding 1 of these MEOS GPS NAVIGATION MODULES which should work with my original touchscreen   Idea

I have also got 1 or 2 loose plugs under seat next to sat nav unit - which i think is just for different model sat nav units

MY PAJ - P - REG (96) 2.8 PAJERO EXCEED LWB ( 7 SEATER ) (AUTO)

What's Your's  Question

Click the link in my signature below for more pic's of odd's and end's

remember you need the compatable head unit for the meos gps unit Sad
Krash

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

glnta77 wrote:
I'm getting my boot cd from itexnz dot webs dot com      (cant post link as newbie) but the boot CD is still Japanese.

They sell discs for about 20 different Nav units, all models listed, but not yours  Exclamation  Check them out under "Car Audio", then "MMCS Start CD"

CD-ROM 1 is software MR343915, Atlas RD MCS Version 8.3N CD-ROM 10M : 1999, Still JAPANESE
CD-ROM 2 is software MR343915, MMCS : Version 9.4W : CD-ROM 10M : 2001, still Japanese

I couldn't find the TV Tuner anywhere, something has been taken from under driver's seat, I have checked behind lining on both rear wheel arches. The only small box I have is next to the Nav unit under passenger seat, this says KMC-S4 (MMCS) and Sigma Speed Shop. I know from research that this is something to do with the alarm system.

Can you tell me where you found this disk? I am looking for an install disk for my 1999 Pajero mmcs
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krash wrote:
Can you tell me where you found this disk? I am looking for an install disk for my 1999 Pajero mmcs

I may be wrong, but I suspect these guys have left the forum. It's an old thread and I don't think they are current contributors.

Out of curiosity I've searched for the Mitsubishi part # MR343915 and it does look like it might be possible to download these CDs via a torrent.  At your own risk, of course!

http://torrents-ru.dealerstars.ru/skachath_besplatno/zaghruzochnyi_disk_s_kartoi_iaponii_mitsubishi_pajero_io_mr343915_ver_9_2_9_2_1999__872618.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: