2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

cool running

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus Bloke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 20:41    Post subject: cool running Reply with quote

I Have a 1990 2.5td Delica and the temperatue never gets beyond a quarter on the dial, this means the heaters never get really hot only warm.
I have had the thermostat changed but it has made no differance can any one suggest anything else or are all Delicas like this.
Any info would be a great help.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 20:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mark.giles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marcus i have a 1990 delica 2.5td and have the same problem and i was thinking of changing the thermostat. But sounds like it may not be worth doing, one other thing is that i have been running it with no cooling fan for around a year now and it has not over heated even when stuck in traffic and we also went around 280 miles towing a caravan and it just got up too half way on temp gauge, the only good thing from doing away with the fan was a small improvment on mpg and a little more power from the engine so sorry can not help you there hope so one can. Crying or Very sad
Marcus Bloke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks Mark, at least its not just mine thats doing it.
Ditching the cooling fan seems some what risky, but what did you do, just unbolt the fan it self from the assembly.
mark.giles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marcus
I have removed the viscose housing as well as the fan, i do intend on putting a kenlowe or some thing along those lines on it, as to the risk of having no fan on it at all it has not been a problem for me we have been down to devon a couple of times up to wales towing a caravan and we also went to the new forest show and got stuck in traffic for around 2.5hours and no problems apart from it did start to get a little hot towards the end, so it is best not too try it as i do not want to be held responable for any problems Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: