eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Steering box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markymark1

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:38    Post subject: Steering box Reply with quote

I have a leaking steering box on my evo, can the seals be replaced or do I need a new box if so anyone have any idea where to get the parts.
Cheers for any help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having had an Evo, I am not sure whether the steering box is the same as they are in a normal Paj......

BUT

If they are the same, then, yes the seals can be replaced, but they usually fail due to corrosion on the main shaft. The new seals will go the same way within a short time (according to the old local Mitsi garage when mine went), and the cost of a new box was £1200....... I got a second hand one through fleabay for £25 + P&P which was far better.
markymark1

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if the evo one is the same as the rest of the range as thier are some refurbished units on ebay.
Darren_DPLX

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont believe they are the same. My Evo box leaked so i had it exchanged but when i got back in it it steered totally different, the steering wheel was not as tight and the ratio was completely different, it was like driving my 2.8 Pajero Exceed..... I was devestated so I took it straight back and had them refurb the original Evo steering box and refit it.....what a difference Very Happy   The service guy told me the only difference he could see was a red tag fitted to the outside of the box.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place does most rally boxes etc, and would do it on return basis I am sure.

http://www.steering-racks.co.uk/
tomlang89

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Bumping this thread as I have a failed steering box and before I get it rebuilt or order one from Japan (for $2,800) I wanted to see whether anyone has had any luck finding interchangeable boxes?

Part number is MR333423

Thanks,
Tom
RichardGreenEVO

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I had the same issue, I removed and got it rebuild/refurbed by a company on ebay in the UK cost 150GBP was good as new when it came back, search on ebay for steering box refurb you'll fine somewhere cheap Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: