eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Towing in Zimbabwe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZIMBO

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:54    Post subject: Towing in Zimbabwe Reply with quote

Just thought I would share an experience with you about my first tow with my Pajero here in Zimbabwe.
I have a 1997 Pajero Exceed 2800 Intercooled with automatic gearbox, and 85,000 kms on the clock.

We fitted a home made tow hitch straight onto the place on the back of the Paj, where there was a simple loop type attachment. We made the towbar out of 1/4" plate, and arranged it so that my boat hitch would sit fairly level when hitched up. Plug for boat electrics was wired into rear tail light.
I then towed an 18' boat weighing about 1,200 kgs on a 900 km round trip to Kariba Dam and home again. We stopped frequently and checked the hitch and bolt tightness etc, but no problems at all. My mate who is a panelbeater with 50 years experience, checked the bolt on place on the chassis to see if there was any distortion, but so far so good.

The Paj did not show any signs of overheating, even pulling up the steep climbs on the escarpment, and she still had plenty of oomph for overtaking. I sat at 100 kms an hour for the most part, but did get to 120 now and then. Law here is 100 kms when towing. She towed really well, and kept her cool even under our sunny conditions.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: