Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Sorry to ask again... have linked photos now.. Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeeBag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Sorry to ask again... have linked photos now.. Thanks Reply with quote

Hi There,

I have a 55 Shogun DiD Eleganace LWB. Althougg I now have a manual and have at last sorted out the Alarm can anyone tell me what In have with the photos below:-

1) I know I have a sat nav with a DVD player but no dvd so don't know if it works or not.. What model of Sat nav do I have and apart from Mitsubishi where else can I get a dvd from as the dvd is 5 x the price of a complete Garmin unit from Halfords...!!! Also If any one has an old dvd they can let me buy or borrow to see if it is working i'd be most grateful

2) There is a pen type thingy see photo that plugs into a socket see photo but don't know what it does.

3) Then there is this black square thingy that looks like it is some kind of receiver/ infra red gizmo that may or may not be part of the pen thing decribed above.

4) Lastly can the sat nav dvd play ordinary movie dvd's or am i pushing my luck for pecae and quiet in the car...  

I would be most gratefull for any help with these..

Link for photos = http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa423/weebag1

Rory
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Mitsibob
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pen bit and the black socket are an aftermarket immobiliser.
As you are obviously running your car it must be disconnected and can be forgot about unless you want to use the same hole to mount something else.Dont know about the dvd.
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitsibob wrote:
The pen bit and the black socket are an aftermarket immobiliser.
As you are obviously running your car it must be disconnected and can be forgot about unless you want to use the same hole to mount something else.Dont know about the dvd.

Nope, it is the emergency key for the standard fit Cobra alarm upgrade, also used to program new alarm fobs.  Immobiliser is factory fitted using a transducer in the key.  I would suggest you obtain the alarm PIN, a second key, alarm fob and emergency key if you don't have them, one day you will need them.

From memory the satnav can be either CD or DVD based, make sure you get the correct disc.
WeeBag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies... I know I have a Optimum HF3 security system installed and that is working ok. I also have a security code is this pen thing the "emergency override touch key" that is mentioned in the HF3 instruction manual...? Also is the black receiver looking thing part of it..???

Many thanks,
Rory
WeeBag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be a pain but how do I find out which sat nav model I have so that I get the correct DVD...? A picture of it is here http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa423/weebag1

Thanks again,

Rory
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you havnt got the manual for it then you may have to put it out and check the model number on the back
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeeBag wrote:
Thanks for the replies... I know I have a Optimum HF3 security system installed and that is working ok. I also have a security code is this pen thing the "emergency override touch key" that is mentioned in the HF3 instruction manual...? Also is the black receiver looking thing part of it..???

Many thanks,
Rory

Yes, emergency override key, will turn the alarm off if you damage/lose/flatten battery in the fob.
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black box is nothing to do with Cobra alarm,  I cannot make out what it is from your picture but it could be a microphone for a phone kit or a GPS antenna in a rather strange place.  If in doubt remove the octagonal trim and trace the cable back.
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't bother removing any trim, it's the reciever for the remote handset for the sat nav.looks a bit like an eighties tv remote with a joystick. you need it to type in your address ( if i'm being honest though the satnav ain't that great and i've been using my tom tom instead). it's a lot of cash to buy a disc every year to update it especially when i can update my tomtom for less than £20 a year if i need it doing Rolling Eyes

oh try flea bay for a disc, theres a bloke on there flogs em for most makes and mdels Very Happy
WeeBag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for all your replies... i'm slowly getting there.. gegs I've yet to strip out the sat nav to find out which one I have but any clues as to what I am looking for on the auction site as I couldn't see anything...

Thanks again

Ye have all been a great help

Rory
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the hard drive for a makers name and s/no. think the one i've been plaving with is a navtec system, or phone your local dealer and give em your chassis number and reg, they should be able to tell you wehat system should be fitted Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: