Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

4x4 Pajero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4x4 lover

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 22:29    Post subject: 4x4 Pajero Reply with quote

i purchased a pajero from a dealer near leigh last saturday. i asked the dealer to place my hub caps on the vechile ,he took off the two back wheels to place the springs for the hub caps and replaced the tyres. i travelled about 40 miles, when my son who was travelling with me said that there was something seriously wrong with the rear wheels and immediately stopped at a lay by, we then noticed that the passenger side rear wheel nuts where about to fall off and checked the other side and found that two wheel nuts were just about to fall off. i called out rac and the mechanic confirmed that the nuts had not been fastened properely. during my journey the 3rd gear was grinding when i changed to 3rd. when i finally arrived home i checked the water and oil GUESS WHAT no oil and water, i had to put 5litres of oil into her. on further inspection the rear door latch does not work and therefore the door does not open, the spot lights are not connected. this dealer advertised this car and many others on autotrader and in his advert he claims that all his cars are refurbished and come with 12 months warranty. i phoned him up and mentioned this problems to him. i told him that i was not happy with this car and want a refund for this car or exchange it for a lwb pajero he had in stock at the same price . he agrred to this but i must bring this pajero back to him and pay him another £100 for the difference in price, i said to him that both cars are advertised at the same price  he put the phone down on me . i am getting a full report from a garage/mot centre  and taking further action against him.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 22:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

saltirepride
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check the motor over before you bought it?

To be honest, these sound like routine checks anyone should be making before a vehicle purchase.

Hope its sorted out for ya anyways.
oggy30

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,wouldnt happen to be simpy shoguns would it. If so somebody else has recently been bitten by these sharks, think it was Bobbies 4x4 who also pursued it. Hope it works out for you
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=112454&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
johndps

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back to the dealer and see what he says.
You may well find he is only too happy to help.
Be honest, were you even a bit miffed sounding on the phone?
The dealer's a guy as well, so may heve felt he was being treated unfairly.
Possibly he has no knowledge of the car - he may be just a sales guy.
Mechanic could be at fault for not checking all things.
I'd take the car back and calmly explain that it's not right, see what happens.
Most folks, even private sellers, in that situation would be apologetic, make you a coffee and pop oil, water in there, few other checks and throw in an air freshener for good measure.
It only takes a few minutes to rectify the wee probs you are having.
3rd gear grinding - I take it you have a manual and it is crunching into 3rd?
That should have been evident on a test drive and at that point you should have raised the point.
Be lucky to get that one sorted under warranty as it wa there on the drive.
nick-dudley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbh oil/water should be checked, by both mechanic, and yourself, before giving it any kind of test drive. the 3rd gear crunching should have been picked up on also on test drive. i have tightened wheel nuts myself on alloys wheels and it is a well known fact that sometimes they work loose later on, many recommend retightening after a distance..
Best thing to do, be on a level par with the dealer explain without raising your voice Wink  your tone of voice says a lot to anyone, dive in with aggression or stroppiness in your voice and you are asking to be hung up on tbh.
if the seller is a genuine good guy, he will ask you to return the motor, and either fix it or give you a refund Wink
thats if he values custom and customers Wink
the rear door latch isnt the end of the world, neither  is the spotlights not being connected, cos if they are the yellow fronted ones, they were disconnected anyway upon entry/ import, as they are illegal in this country, folk usually keep em on because they are showy Wink
rear door is an easy fix, as was the wheel nuts , albeit scary, i had one that went a step further and the wheel actually came off Wink
if you like the motor other than the problems you have experienced, be prepared to put a little time/money into it, we are all a friendly bunch here, and work through problems together Wink
the manual boxes can be a little "quirky" sometimes and it is a common failing, the crunch can sometimes be relieved somewhat by a gearbox oil change, and stp gear oil treatment Wink oil/water problems can just sometimes be an easy fix too, with little or no outlay Wink
may be something  to look into if you get no joy from the dealer Wink
we will all chip in with info/ help wherever possible, address the problems one by one, and enjoy a motor that you obviously fell in love with Wink
4x4 lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 19:41    Post subject: Re: 4x4 Pajero Reply with quote

4x4 lover wrote:
i purchased a pajero from a dealer near leigh last saturday. i asked the dealer to place my hub caps on the vechile ,he took off the two back wheels to place the springs for the hub caps and replaced the tyres. i travelled about 40 miles, when my son who was travelling with me said that there was something seriously wrong with the rear wheels and immediately stopped at a lay by, we then noticed that the passenger side rear wheel nuts where about to fall off and checked the other side and found that two wheel nuts were just about to fall off. i called out rac and the mechanic confirmed that the nuts had not been fastened properely. during my journey the 3rd gear was grinding when i changed to 3rd. when i finally arrived home i checked the water and oil GUESS WHAT no oil and water, i had to put 5litres of oil into her. on further inspection the rear door latch does not work and therefore the door does not open, the spot lights are not connected. this dealer advertised this car and many others on autotrader and in his advert he claims that all his cars are refurbished and come with 12 months warranty. i phoned him up and mentioned this problems to him. i told him that i was not happy with this car and want a refund for this car or exchange it for a lwb pajero he had in stock at the same price . he agrred to this but i must bring this pajero back to him and pay him another £100 for the difference in price, i said to him that both cars are advertised at the same price  he put the phone down on me . i am getting a full report from a garage/mot centre  and taking further action against him.
4x4 lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to everyone you send me advice. i went to trading standards in matlock,derbyshire and the enforcement officer sorted the problem .the dealer and myself have come to an agreement and i am happy with the outcome.
ROY H
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ripoff merchant keeps changing his company name.BEWARE Evil or Very Mad
johndps

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what was the arrangement you came to.
Could give other members more info to bargain with, if they go to the same dealer.
johndps

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROY H wrote:
This ripoff merchant keeps changing his company name.BEWARE Evil or Very Mad

What was the name of the dealer, I can't find it.
paulc72

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have said mention SOGA but you went the next step first and got it sorted well done. Smile
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

pity you didn't know about this place before you bought it m8, they did bobbies 4x4 over christmas and another guy last year. the bloke advertises as leigh but you have to go to prestwich ind estate in atherton(just of prstwich street) where he has the scrappers out front......

tell me if i'm wrong Rolling Eyes

get in touch with consumer direct m8 asap. this guy is dangerous and needs shutting down (pity he's like a ghost, no one in atherton on the estate knows anything about him)

you have a pm as well m8
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry m8, missed some of the replies. are you gonna sue the pillock then?
someone needs to Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: