Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Dartford 4x4 centre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEVATTSAR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:13    Post subject: Dartford 4x4 centre Reply with quote

Hi All.

Has anybody ever bought a Paj from Dartford 4X4 Centre, Heath St. Dartford. I am looking to visit the company shortly with a view to buy a 2.5LWB Paj.
The company is quite near me and I would like to buy locally if possible. If any members got a view on this firm please let me know.

Cheers Everyone

PAUL Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ascomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul

Where are you??

I live in Gravesend - you can have a look at my Paj and have a chat if you wish.

Alan
Marky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just helped a friend purchase a 2.8TD Pajero in Kent.... We looked at Dartford 4x4 and Riverdale here in East Peckham....

In my personal opinion the cars at Riverdale were better and the owners very willing to help... Even the aftersales service seems brilliant.. A couple of minor niggles that were found several weeks after the car had been purchased were fixed while he waited....
cabit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
in my opinion don,t go near either of these dealers look back over this and the older forum for the information you require for the better dealers do the research and you wont go wrong,lots of dogs out there
good luck
Damian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 1993 2.5TDi LWB from Dartford 4x4 in November 2002 which had done ~50k. In very good nick for 9 years old, looked like new (a bit muddy now!) and drives very nicely. They are certainly a very friendly setup and helpful both before and aftersales, and overall I have been very happy with the car. There have been a couple of minor niggles found within 24 hours of picking up which have all been addressed without any hassle. Having had it a bit longer it does seem to have a bit of a coolant leak somewhere, but have spoken to them and I will be taking it in shortly for them to fix. It come with what appears to bit a fairly comprehensive 1 year warranty. They seem to have a good selection of Pajeros, so I would definately check them out.

Thats my opinion anyway and hope it helps

Damian
CLARRICOATS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just purchased a LWB 2.8 Diesel Paj I did have a look at the dealer in Dartford but decided to look around a little more, having done this I found there are better deals to be had elsewhere, Boundary 4X4 in southend have a good selection at the moment.

Hope this is of some help.

Rod
Annan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 23:43    Post subject: Dartford Reply with quote

I bought a 1993 Pajero 2800TD Exceed from Dartford 4X4 last year, and so far its been a mint motor. Me and the wife drove it to Slovakia last year and it did not miss a beat. I found Dartford pretty helpful and they had a good selection of cars to choose from and we got the spec we were after ie leather, wood pack, changer etc. I would recommend them. Very Happy

Hope this helps

Mike
peterp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEVATTSAR,

Hi,

I had a look at Dartford 4 X 4, and although their cars seem in top condition (i.e. valeted to the max) and the ones I test drove were fine, I did feel that they were quite over priced.

In the end I bought one from Farm Cars Tunbridge (see my previous posts). I paid £8200 for mine and the exact same model/condition/year from Dartford 4 X 4 was £11995.

I had to do a little cleaning inside (carpets etc.) but not £4000 worth!

Good luck.

Pete.
regla

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 21:41    Post subject: Dartford 4x4 Reply with quote

I bought my 2.8 '94 Exceed about 7 months ago from Dartford 4x4. They provide a 12 month Motorcare warranty with the car however it's a pain in the a*se when more than one thing goes belly up at the same time. I went back to the dealers with my PJ had faults on the fuel pump, power steering pump and starter motor all at once. I was expecting to have an argument and was pleasantly surprised when Mr Ripley, without hesitation, told me to deliver the car back to him on the following Wednesday and they would take care of the problems. When the car was returned, not only was the fuel pump rebuilt, starter replaced and power steering pump replaced, they had also replaced some dashboard bulbs and offered to wash and clean it before handing it back. They may seem expensive at first glance, but quality and peace of mind are worth the bit extra.
ybod69

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most certainly would not use Boundary again (Benfleet), I bought a landy disco from them and it dropped it's alternator, they said "go and find someone local to fix it".....this was after the car went back 3 times to have the leaking sunroof fixed, a full service which they failed to spot had not been done and new cam-belts(as a result of the missed full service) within the first week of owning the "fully inspected" car. Luckily the car has been fine since.....bought a Paj privately as well to run around in and now the whole family prefers this to the Landy..... Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: