2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

TOWING LIMITS (AGAIN)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subzero

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doing the taco to controll the hours you drive for work to be online with working time directive it ain't a bad thing it's to stop like me and my mate did

We left Dover went to Cornwall picked a boa up on his trailer then drove to Norfolk unloaded it and drove back to Dover 25 hours non stop !! We were shattered

For the sake of the towing test it's really not worth risking it

Imagine you get stopped on the m25 they decide you don't have the lisence they won't lisean to anything you say as there word final they call recovery out to remove the caravan your journey is ruined big bill to pay to get van back and you still need to take the test ! Is it really worth the hassle ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mwilcock

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the pic displaying the towing weights Smile
zakspeed

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can a tachograph be fitted to the mk4?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys Smile
I just dropped in for the first time in ages, mainly because it's freezing cold outside and I have a streaming cold so not up to doing much else at the mo ..
I have a few observations on this discussion:
Firstly, a quick visit to the DVLA licence site:  A full car licence already lets you tow trailers weighing no more than 750kg. You can also tow heavier trailers with a car as long as the total weight of vehicle and trailer isn’t more than 3,500kg.

I think you'll find that the weight of the car will be taken as the vehicle's maximum allowed, regardless of whether it is just you in it, or you, the family several crates of wine, the dog and a load of gold bars.

The Pajero not being designed for towing because it doesn't have the weight plate - well that is rubbish. When registering two grey import Pajeros in France, the certificate of conformity provided for the SWB 2.8 and LWB 2,8 had all the data about weights, axle loading, empty kerbweight, max laden weight of vehicle, towing limit and max combined weight of car and trailer. To register over here, I had to make up weight plates ( on reverse side of two aluminium  toilet signs from the local DIY store )   and rivet them into the engine compartment myself. This is obviously just one area where UK doesn't bother, despite the SVA .
Personally I think it is a very important thing to know whether what you have attached to your towbar is within the capabilities of your vehicle, not to mention whether you will be insured if something goes wrong or not owing to whether you have a valid licence to tow that weight. Having seen the pigs ear some people make of manoeuvring trailers, particularly in reverse ( a great spectator sport at a slipway  Laughing  ) I think the test may be a great idea for many..

There is a possibility that one of  my Certificate of Conformity documents also has the figures for the 2,5. I will have a look if I can find it.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, I was discussing towing and stuff with Vincent, our neighbour, who is a Gendarme Nationale up in Paris, due to retire this year and move here permanently.

We got to comparing licences, and he just couldn't believe that I have all the entitlements that are on the older standard licence, driving lorries etc as well as towing big trailers. Way more than he can do.. Now I know why some Brits out here who have swapped to a French licences have ended up allowed to drive things pretty much  up to HGVs ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: