2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

About to buy a Shogun for everyday and greenlaning. Advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Tips and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdev

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 16:10    Post subject: About to buy a Shogun for everyday and greenlaning. Advice? Reply with quote

Hi,
New to the forum and soon to be new to shogun ownership. Im looking for a shogun both for everyday use and greenlaning. Nothing too serious as yet!
I thought about going for a 2003/4 model but an owner of an earlier model told me that  the earlier type with the ladder chassis( 90-2000) was a better proposition. Ie more siuted to offroad due suspension and fewer electronics.
Whats your opinions??? I was only thinking slightly newer for reliability(perceived) of course.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as ive only ever been offroading in a grand cherokee.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 16:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

mk3 newer not necessarily better.

you won't get a definitive answer m8, i run a 2.8 l lwb mk2. lifted and played about with and i rate it well above a newer model but saying that i don't like the newer ones Wink

a mk3 driver will tell you the mk3 is better but.....
a mk2 2 has less electrics to go wrong, if you hunt about you may get one with a locking rear diff (usually the shogun) a big advantage off road as you don't have to gun it over obstacles. mines done near 190'000miles and is still a good un.
best advice is to go out and have a drive of the mk2/mk2 flare arch and the mk3, see which one pulls ya chain as a daily driver as they are all cracking offroad Wink
Rob.ie

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only advice I can give you is if you do get a Mk3 - make your first investments a proper guard for the tank, intercooler and under the engine. Having damaged our tank badly twice now, and put a 2.5" gash in the intercooler last Monday, I won't be taking ours laning again until she has some proper protection.

Only other thing I can say is a Disco-owning friend hates our Shogun. His SWB Disco is lifted, with Insa Turbos and other mods ... and the Shogun followed him practically everywhere last Monday running just 33's  Laughing (I didn't tempt fate by trying to make the 2ft water crossing without a snorkel).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Tips and Techniques All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: