2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

PajEvo from Russia

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andyfour

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13    Post subject: PajEvo from Russia Reply with quote

Hi every one!
I am one of the owner's PajEvo from Russia.
Bought mine Evo AT December 2009 (exchange new SGV 07 from my wife Smile) and till now ride 60 000km on it - rally-sprints and everyday civil use...

Original PajEvo was very good for his time, but NOW some of his data are not enough for me. I think you know them as good as I - brakes/suspension/interior....

So I made some changes for myself Smile

1. wheels & steering wheel (got from Japan auction)

16 inch WHITE OZ Racing

brand new MOMO from Lancer Evo 7-9

White wheels for silver car? NO! So need repaint for.... BLACK - done

2. Interior

Inside PajEvo owner got from Mitsubishi only few carbon pieces... That’s reasonable - bullets newer got engraving Smile
Done some changes with ladder and nappa:

dashboard

ceiling

And MAIN changes....

3. Suspension

Got one set of Dynam Racing shocks Smile used but still working (now I made already one rebuilt) - from Rally-Raid PajEvo wich don't exists any more (Russian cup)
just pictures:

compare with original (rear):

front:

installed:

4. Brakes.... the worst part of original Evo (IMHO)
I hope these brakes was enough in 1997. but now.... I start from trying to find new improved brake rotors - unsuccessfully - to old and rare car. Only part I found was something from UK, but seller don’t want to sell them for me - hi needs for some reasons my number plates...
So I moved to other way - as for help professionals and got what I want!
main troubles was size of break rotors - to small for really good systems...

So we take DBA disk rotors for Pajero IV (V97W)  - they fit like original only at rear need to done something with parking brakes – original inside rotors are smaller then new.

But cutting and welding solve that problem - inner part of original rotor INSIDE DBA rotor

And for DBA rotors fits Brembo supports from Evo 6-9  w/o any changes!

Front need some extender for supports (4 pistons Smile)

At the rest –

brake pads now

to be continued...

Last edited by Andyfour on Thu Jun 09, 2011 16:48; edited 2 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and welcome to the club hun!!! Wink

it all sounds very interesting so far.....can't wait to see it!!! Cool  Cool  Cool
Andyfour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawnH wrote:
hi and welcome to the club hun!!! Wink

it all sounds very interesting so far.....can't wait to see it!!! Cool  Cool  Cool

Thanks!

I try to make my post twice with all photos. But don't pass server engine  Mad Smile first time I thing that sombody will make premoderation and after that post wil be posted Smile nothig happens
so I wait 2 weeks and wright donw another  and got message that I cant post all that after done it all...  Twisted Evil  
and I can't post a link to story with that pictures...may be you can try find at drive2 dot ru /mitsubishi /Pajero Evolution / silver with orange 30 on rear in dirt  is mine Smile but all text is on russian...

who can say me how long it will be?
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy It goes on the number of Sensible posts, and no set number either but usually around 20.  Hope this is helpful.
By the way WELCOME  wav
Andyfour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

so I continued
At the 1st year of together life  Very Happy  we take pars in many sport events –different rally-sprints (of course in civil class). At the beginning I was slowest in class (Subaru WRX/Lancer EVO/Lancia  Delta   Shocked ) but at the end of spring I becomes faster than Lancia, some Evo’s and Subaru.
Pictures will be late

Every second weekend I drive to some places and practicing there (racing was too) That kind of  use killed mine AT soon … AT oil was in bad condition  - I don’t know that Evo need to change it every 20 000km! Our Mitsubishi dealers says that 60 Kkm is OK….
It happens then I ride already 27 Kkm on that oil. Coming home after sprint and fell that gears shifts (1-2) not normal with some kick… I call to friend of mine who repairs AT and make an appointment for diagnostic for the next day. That was mine mistake – next day in AT mode was OK and I decided to check how it will be at manual… start – 7000 rpm – shift UP – on dashboard gear is 2nd, but it still 1st – KICK…. And 2.5 hour waiting evacuation…
I was lucky that day – only shaft was broken and we have to cut sun gear to release it…
Repair takes almost 2 month – no spare parts (sun gear was main problem)…
During repairing I strengthen Planetary gear MR 367610 (have to made it by laser, but find only plasma) – that was advice from some Lancer EVO AT tuninger – they do so for their cars. May be if I follow his advice I’ll still have AT Evo…

At November I want to check how much HP is in mine Evo (I got RallyArt ECU from raid car)
Drive to measuring stand and…. hear knock at the engine…  Shocked

Last edited by Andyfour on Fri Jun 03, 2011 15:41; edited 1 time in total
Andyfour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just repairing was to easy for me besides that, at autumn I get clearance for me that used mine Evo in all that sprints in not a good idea – I almost "catch roof" in one training – just small mistake at the entering right turn, parapet and Evo stands at front wheels… At winter time mistakes are more indulgent – you just brake snow parapet and stop at snow.
I was so impressed that (rear tires goes out of rims then I landed…) so I start to find another car for all that racing. I  got it  -MP2 build for rally-raids, and we take part in 2 stages of  2010 Russian Cup for rally-raids,  but that will be another story ….
Coming back to repairing – on Russian rally-raid cup one of our rival drives MP3 with Evo engine tuned up to 3.7L…
I know company whom makes him such engine – so I come to them for repairing and upgrade.. NOW mine Evo has 6G74 MIVEC but… 3.8L
riceboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 19:51    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

hey Andy, welcome!
so did you change from AT to manual gearbox? or did you manage to fix the AT?

sounds like you have been having fun with it though
Andyfour

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:02    Post subject: Re: welcome Reply with quote

riceboy wrote:
hey Andy, welcome!
so did you change from AT to manual gearbox? or did you manage to fix the AT?

sounds like you have been having fun with it though

Hi! Thanks.

First time then it happens I desided to fix AT. rebuild AT runs ~ 30 000km. and again finished... sounds strange, but I sill don't open it - sounds from inside say me that will be nothing good inside...
so AT changed to MT...

I was lucky - in May I bought (for race car) (fully rebuilded by RallyArt 4-5 y. ago) kit - MT+Transfer  Very Happy for just 2500Euro...
I'm really happy with that! Transfer from AT DON'T fit MT. Transfer from any Pajeros exept Evo DON'T fit MT...
and new Evo MT transfer costs about 5000Euro (in Russia)...

NOW it installed on Evo - finished 4a.m. today morning  Very Happy  Very Happy
still have some bugs to fix, but it runs already
Walt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting Andy, Welcome to the club tavarish!  Wink
riceboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy did the engine builders change the crank to get 3.8l on your engine? what crank did they use? what difference has it made?
There is a guy on this forum who is doing a supercharger, which is probably a cheaper way to get more power, but I wonder if the AT can handle more power?
Andyfour

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walt wrote:
Very interesting Andy, Welcome to the club tavarish!  Wink

thank's!  Very Happy

riceboy wrote:
Andy did the engine builders change the crank to get 3.8l on your engine? what crank did they use? what difference has it made?
There is a guy on this forum who is doing a supercharger, which is probably a cheaper way to get more power, but I wonder if the AT can handle more power?

my english is not so good in technical - sorry for possible mistakes...

to make my engine 3.8 bilders dirill body of block (+50cm3 each cylinder) and make new forging lightweight pistons, compresiion and oil rings . Also they increase compression +2 points from standart. new piston diametr is 98.0mm...
Bottom of engine are standart (just don't forget change every 60 Kkm bearing for crankshaft  Very Happy ).

Standart AT will NOT handle such power - mine AT confirm that. In Moscow some people get 400Hp from Galant VR4 AT but they strengthen output planetary shafts using laser. Plus they increase inner presure in AT. Now gears shifts with punch...
MAY BE mine mistake was that I use Argon welding insted Laser welding, as people says me, (but Laser was not possible that time -what I found price was 12 times higher!!! ) then I repared mine AT first time - all simptoms shows that this is shafts...

wow!!!  now I can post link!!

link shows what I mean telling "strengthen output planetary shafts" It's in russian but you can just see what it is...

Link

and what happens with AT if (when) breaks

Link

Last edited by Andyfour on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:16; edited 6 times in total
Andyfour

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I can write all with photos  Very Happy  Very Happy

I'll gone edit first messages now

And new photo  Very Happy (all in one)

After all that rally-sprints Evo get a lot of scratches on plastic - let's put all plastic in carbon!

Not enough light in night time? Installed Hella Luminator on front bumper + throw out small parking light from bottom bamper - put there Hella bi-lens (halogen parking + beam light) and implanted  Bi-xenon lens in front lamps...

another photos + videos of mine Evo are  HERE
Andyfour

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new changes.
BFG AT is best universal tires but for everyday city use they are to heavy and needs more pover for rotate them.

Because I have one more Pajero special build for rally-raids (got it after one unsucessful training with Evo - almost have crash due to driving mistake) - Evo now is my every day toy Smile so I desided to get some wheels for city use. 18" fits good for new breakes (original 16" dont pass any more)

16" BFG still exists - I wear they to take part in some short sport events (battle car is not for use on civil roads - and some times no sence to take it on trolley to bring).

Last one was in beginning of October, but heavy raining moves it to trophy (AT becomes like slicks)

and we spend more than 3/4 hour to makes it clean after....

Last edited by Andyfour on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:59; edited 4 times in total
Walt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had good fun there Andy  Wink
Andyfour

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted before I have another Pajero - Battle car Smile
I was build special for Rally-raids. As first sport car for Leonid Novitsky (No1 at World Rally-Raids NOW). But it sill runs and runs very fast - we take 2nd place in class RS in RR cup of Russia & 7 in upsolute (IV stage) year ago.
after that we was unsucessful in V stage - fuel ends 2km before service zone  Twisted Evil . And this year we start to make upgrage that don't ends till now (this year we pass)...

Here some photos:  

inside:

350L fuel tank:

suspension (Ohlins x2 for each wheel):

brakes :

and some photos from events:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: