QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

I have just transormed my Shogun sport!! :)

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilhomer

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

loverly
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DAZ270

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

JYANSEN wrote:
Hey Guys im finally back on the Forum and after a bill for £1300 and fully functioning Mitsubishi Shogun Sport Warrior is back on the road.. The diesel pump was sent away by my local garage to Diesel Bobs, where he found a couple of faults wrong with it. A reconditioned pump was fitted, oil leak fixed and diesel leak fixed and now she is running fine again. Just had her serviced and mot'd and all passed with flying colours.. Hopefully i can finally get around to doing some cosmetic work on her now rather than spending my days with the bonnet popped and endless trips to mechanics. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Nice one mate, glad to hear your all sorted and back up and running again!  Very Happy
JYANSEN

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 15:44    Post subject: Turbo Heat Shield Reply with quote

Hi there mate, dont suppose you could take a close up picture of your turbo heat shield, i got one the other day for my Warrior and cant seem to line up the holes properly. A picture paints a thousand words. Regards Jay.
DAZ270

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mate,
sorry for the delay, I took some pics of my heat shield but mine is now sprayed black, and when I uploaded the pics (they where taken on my phone) they looked pretty *beep*!
I have a couple of pics saved from before I sprayed it too, so I hope at least one of them helps!

There's two bolts that retain the heat sheild at the back by the bulkhead too, but It was too tight to get in with my phone to get a pic of these.  Embarassed
TL1000SY

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

My turbo on my 2000 2.5td does not appear to have any screws on the turbo!!
Chrissy boy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58    Post subject: Clean egr on 56plate shogun sport is this ok mate? Reply with quote

maximus999 wrote:
Hi daz   you are right you dont have to remove the intercooler but for a novice who has never changed the plugs before i believe it is best to remove it so everything with the buzz bar and plugs can be seen easily, also some people might not have the correct tools or correct length ratchet bar to get down in the gap between the intercooler and the rocker cover.

I am sending the files over to who have requested. Any problems please let me know.

Ian
treeboa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

warm engine, replace the filter, fill the filter with a can of forte advanced diesel and top up with diesel, fit it back on, start and take it for a brisk drive
SnowKing

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, love mods like these. realy take out the slack!
mike1212

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chaps i'm new to this site but thought id just say a big thank you to you all. My shogun sport which i purchased from the auctions a few months back has never lived up to expectations always seemed under powered and then the hesitation started!
I followed the instructions on here for cleaning the EGR valve and adjusting the over boost and the difference this has made is fantastic. Think i still have some fine tuning on the over boost to do but its all doing in  the right direction.
I had a ticking noise when the engine was hot as well as the lack of power and hesitation. Since i cleaned the valve and adjusted the boost this tick has reduced and changed tone its also now on mid throttle and stops on full throttle where before it was pretty much constant once the vehicle was warm. So think as this as change with the work cared out i maybe on the way to solving that problem too.

So a big thank you guys you have probably saved me a large bill from the garage
m6oad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAZ270 wrote:
I'd also reccomend running some STP injector cleaner through your engine if you havn't done it before!

Why pay for expensive treatments when using 300ml of 2 stroke oil in a tank does the same job, it's much cheaper as well.

"Don't get bitter, just get better!"
webcrafty

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im coming in a bit late on this tread but I'd love to know how to adjust the timing if its out.
My 2002 2.5td 4D56 is driving like a pig. I have been days and days on this forum and have done pretty much everything that is recommended inc, Full service, new vacuum and breather hoses, cleaned the egr and adjusted the turbo. I still have very little power and the engine management light is on almost all the time, (goes out now and again, maybe its tired of being on !!)

I'd like to have a look at the timing and see if its out but I'd like to know what to do if it is as this is my daily driver and I want to do all in one go if I can, eg, check and fix if possible.

maximus999 wrote:
Jay, it is a little time consuming maybe 1-2 hours but here goes.

First take off the top cover of the timing belt, t is held on my 4 bolts which run across the top and they also secure a thick black plastic wire housing, once this is off you need to put a socket on the crankshaft pulley to rotate it clockwise and line up the timing mark on the camshaft sprocket which is the top big pulley, once this is in line with the mark on the engine housing you can check the other timing marks, clcik the link to see the timing marks for your engine.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/carpartidentification.jpg/

Here is the timing marks for you to compare and check yours against

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/timingmarks.jpg/

Here is the link to your manual on this site

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86074

Once you have the crankshaft sprocket lined up with the timing mark check the others, if there is any out let me know and i can talk you through how to re-align if you feel confident.

Dont be phased by doing this as you cant mess anything up and you are not taking anything apart to mess it up, On the crankshaft sprocket you cant see the bolt head by looking down on it but if you feel inside the pulley you will feel it inside and remember to always turn the engine over manually clockwise.

If its to much for you then whack it in to mitsi, but I think your turbo is just out and they are trying to scare you into thinking loads of other things could be wrong, as the way i look at it is they should just charge you an hours labour to check the timing belt over, which is around 80 hard earned english pounds so to suggest doing the turbo adjustment aswell i think they are having your eyes out but like i said before I could be wrong but I do NOT trust and mitsi dealers.

I'm reasonable ok with the spanners so I dont mind having a go. I have always kept away from timing in the past as i have heard if something goes wrong there will be pistons coming out the side of the engine !!.

maximus999, if you have some free time could you give me a rough idea of whats involved in adjusting the timing if its out, I presume it would be the timing on the pump that would affect power loss and the unbelievable bad fuel consumption.

Thanks
John.
ian wheele

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi webcrafty

spent about a month adjusting the turbo on my shogun sport (03, 2.5  4d56). followed all the posts on here regarding screws , washers and the like
but only had really good results when i downloaded the mitzi document re turbo adjustment.

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=114118&highlight=

found it most helpful at the bottom of page 5 over to page 6.. how to set the maximum and minimum travel of the vgt lever. its a good "start from scratch" setting.

worked well for me, hope it helps.

regards   Ian.
webcrafty

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian,
I had see this before but I might just settle my head down again and start from scratch. Thats a pretty comprehensive guide, I'll print it out and stick it to the bonnet for reference.

I'll let you know how I get on. bust weekend of kids parties ahead so wont be allowed to have dirty hands !!

John
webcrafty

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are mu turbo settings if anyone would like to help me out. I have done some twisting and turning but nothing seems to help, This current setup is back to as close as I can get to the default settings.

I have an engine management light on most of the time but I'm guessing its not to do with the turbo, maybe a switch or some other electrical fault, i'll get this checked when I have time. for the moment I have very bad power, even when the light is off !!.
Settings at Idle:

Settings engine switched off:

When I get the wife to rev the engine the actuator arm is in and out like a fiddlers elbow, should this happen ?, Not sure what revs it moves in and out at as I cant see, no point asking her in doors.

I'm just about fed up off no power, maybe its something completely different and I;m wasting my time but I'd like for someone to reassure me that I have the right setup on the turbo at the minute or even near enough.

Thanks
John
ian wheele

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi webcrafty

those settings don't look too far out to me, doc says 9 threads, so looks to be about right for the top screw.
can you hear the turbo spinning up when the engine is under load ? mine comes on boost at about 2k,
and produces very nearly 2 bar pressure if the gas is held on..
the whistle from the turbo should increase in speed and be slightly higher in pitch as the top screw is taken out in 1/4 turn stages, so
you can hear as well as feel any power increases.

also check all your vacuum tubes. everywhere. even the ones you cant see.
i had a kinked one at the back of the cyl. head after a rocker gasket change, and it gave me all the symptoms yours has,no power, eml light,sleepless nights...etc.etc

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=146720

hope this helps ,  and keep us informed with any progress !

regards......Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: