QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Adrian Flux Insurance

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Adrian Flux
Excellent!
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
Very good
18%
 18%  [ 22 ]
Average
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Below par!
36%
 36%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 118

knightstorm
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOODNOK wrote:
Wurzel wrote:
knightstorm wrote:
DaveHardy wrote:
Flux was £500 more than Admiral for me

Confused they were £300+ cheaper than Admiral for me  Confused

Are you a new customer? more than likely you are so they give you a good quote Smile Wait till next year Wink

And there by hangs the secret of cheaper Insurance, Keep migrating around the different Companies and Brokers.

yep, and yep loyalty meens sod all these days  Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 22:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Wurzel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah seems that way although think ive been with them for a few years now but guess customer loyalty doesnt pay anymore in the insurance world lol.
Wurzel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at work today and my mind wandered to a modern utopian society where drivers/ riders had the option to buy vehicle insurance or set up their own escrow account where every year you paid in a flat amount of say £300 to cover any accident expenses you may have. (Bear in mind this is utopia and there are no ambulance chasing solictors or compensation culture) If you had no accidents (which you probably wouldnt because its your money right?) then after say 5 or 10 years the money became yours to move into your own account and you would start again Smile Ahhhh love a good day dream Smile
carl leedham

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

just transferd my cover from p38 range rover cost me £133 to swap only got 3months left to renewal and its gon up £200 Iwas on hold for 30 mins then another 30 mins to give them details then another 40 mins for my mother to pay and it jumped another £30 after 20 mins now i wish i could make money like that i also have full no claims
and a class 1 H.G.V.licence but i to am a high risk!!!!!!!!!!!!  Evil or Very Mad
Wurzel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl leedham wrote:
just transferd my cover from p38 range rover cost me £133 to swap only got 3months left to renewal and its gon up £200 Iwas on hold for 30 mins then another 30 mins to give them details then another 40 mins for my mother to pay and it jumped another £30 after 20 mins now i wish i could make money like that i also have full no claims
and a class 1 H.G.V.licence but i to am a high risk!!!!!!!!!!!!  Evil or Very Mad

Yeah makes you sick doesnt it? Doesnt really matter if your an experienced driver or not it all a huge con the insurance industry. I dread to think how much ive spent over the years and only claimed back £500 from my insurance and that was three years ago. They making so much money I dont care how much the industry pleads poverty it is  huge con. Rant over. For now.
IvanDrago

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

just phoned as my renewal quote from 2gether was £555 (from £450)

Flux quoted me £357  Very Happy
Wurzel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvanDrago wrote:
just phoned as my renewal quote from 2gether was £555 (from £450)

Flux quoted me £357  Very Happy

The whole game is just a lottery, sure they make it up as they go along lol unless your 90 and do 12 miles a year Smile
Captain Pugwash
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £235 fully comp and protected no claims bonus in Feb'12 with AF but everything was an my favour
20+ no claims
57 years old (56 at renewal date)
Less than 5,000 miles a year declared (signed declaration)
Only me on the policy
Cat 1 alarm fitted with valid certificate (copy of cert sent)

This was £370 cheaper than a broker I had been with for 25+ years and I always made sure that they gave me a good price. I always searched comparison sites and got their best quote and told the broker that price. The last vehicle was a Ford Focus on a 56 plate and in Feb 2011 was £245. Just because my Pajero was imported my broker was limited as to how many companies he could quote.
Just one final note,
Remember to tell your insurance company of ALL modifications. This includes fitting extra lighting, roof rails not bars, and as my pajero came as standard with a fitted bullbar is legal but tell insurance company anyway. Also tyres are an extra cost if they are not normal road tyres, A/T and M/T tryes increase your policy price unless you can prove it was fitted with A/T tyres from new, and if you dont tell them, your policy counts for diddly squat. Basically if it has something on it it didn't have on it when it rolled out the factory its a modification. If you go off-road your policy doesn't cover that automatically. You have to insure seperately for off-roading. You dont have to be insured but if you do do a lot of off-roading it's best to be insured
I got carried away with this post
Wurzel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Pugwash wrote:
I paid £235 fully comp and protected no claims bonus in Feb'12 with AF but everything was an my favour
20+ no claims
57 years old (56 at renewal date)
Less than 5,000 miles a year declared (signed declaration)
Only me on the policy
Cat 1 alarm fitted with valid certificate (copy of cert sent)

This was £370 cheaper than a broker I had been with for 25+ years and I always made sure that they gave me a good price. I always searched comparison sites and got their best quote and told the broker that price. The last vehicle was a Ford Focus on a 56 plate and in Feb 2011 was £245. Just because my Pajero was imported my broker was limited as to how many companies he could quote.
Just one final note,
Remember to tell your insurance company of ALL modifications. This includes fitting extra lighting, roof rails not bars, and as my pajero came as standard with a fitted bullbar is legal but tell insurance company anyway. Also tyres are an extra cost if they are not normal road tyres, A/T and M/T tryes increase your policy price unless you can prove it was fitted with A/T tyres from new, and if you dont tell them, your policy counts for diddly squat. Basically if it has something on it it didn't have on it when it rolled out the factory its a modification. If you go off-road your policy doesn't cover that automatically. You have to insure seperately for off-roading. You dont have to be insured but if you do do a lot of off-roading it's best to be insured
I got carried away with this post

So basically your saying that insurers dont have to pay up if they dont want to? How many cars on the road are as they came out of the factory? prob not that many. Kinda makes you wonder why we bother with insurance at all. Its just another vehicle tax Sad
Captain Pugwash
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree entirely. But unfortunately it's law so best thing to do is declare everything and if we are unfortunate to have an accident the insurance company hasn't a leg to stand on. In most cases when you declare things it costs very little extra or sometimes nothing at all. I have a friend withh a Land Rover which is blingged up to its roofrack. He declares everything. Oh and he says make sure they send confirmation that you have notified them of any mods
And to be honest I would say that the vast majority of vehicles are un-modified. It's only people like us who like to add stuff to our trucks for pleasure. I haven't added anything to my paj yet but I intend to. And when I do I will tell Adrian Flux and I will post it on the forum how much extra it costs. I would hope other people will do the same.
If the worst thing happens had you have an accident with a mod that the insurance company didn't know about you are uninsured and you will have to repair your vehicle at your own expense, lose your license probably or get 10 points slapped on it. And also "I am now touching wood" if you hit a pedestrian and injury them OR WORSE. you will pay for the rest of your life.
Sorry to preach doom and gloom but I want to enjoy my Pajero with peace of mind.
Wurzel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Pugwash wrote:
I agree entirely. But unfortunately it's law so best thing to do is declare everything and if we are unfortunate to have an accident the insurance company hasn't a leg to stand on. In most cases when you declare things it costs very little extra or sometimes nothing at all. I have a friend withh a Land Rover which is blingged up to its roofrack. He declares everything. Oh and he says make sure they send confirmation that you have notified them of any mods
And to be honest I would say that the vast majority of vehicles are un-modified. It's only people like us who like to add stuff to our trucks for pleasure. I haven't added anything to my paj yet but I intend to. And when I do I will tell Adrian Flux and I will post it on the forum how much extra it costs. I would hope other people will do the same.
If the worst thing happens had you have an accident with a mod that the insurance company didn't know about you are uninsured and you will have to repair your vehicle at your own expense, lose your license probably or get 10 points slapped on it. And also "I am now touching wood" if you hit a pedestrian and injury them OR WORSE. you will pay for the rest of your life.
Sorry to preach doom and gloom but I want to enjoy my Pajero with peace of mind.

All good valid points mate, I remember a few years back having an accident that was someone elses fault but they drove off and no one got a number. Had to pay my own repairs about £3000 if I remember rightly. Had full insurance and no mods on it but i didnt have a leg to stand on in that case either Sad
John2.5TD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i phoned flux to tell em about my mods ... they wasnt bothered and told me i didnt need to tell them .... lol so i didnt lol ...
Captain Pugwash
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes john2.5TD that's good but you get proof in writing just in case you( hopefully not) have accident and they suddenly get amnesia.
spaniel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original insurance is via the post office on the vitara, for the pajero they quoted £900, if i went with another company they could do it for £650.....
Umm contacted the above and got it for £377
baxfanalex

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

After faffing about on their web pages trying to tell them I'm a retired publican ( computer says No ) I phoned. My enquiry was dealt with admirably by a lady with a " haul me under the sheets " type of voice.  She concluded the form fill stuff by saying she'd contact their internal underwriters as I should qualify for the minimum premium. Result- the lowest insurance premium I've paid in the last 10 years. Fully Comp, protected NCB and legals with hire car for £15 less than a bare bones policy with Direct line. All the docs on my Hotmail site so printed out my own Insurance Certificate.............feel the power Razz  Razz  Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: