2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Adrian Flux Insurance

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Adrian Flux
Excellent!
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
Very good
18%
 18%  [ 22 ]
Average
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Below par!
36%
 36%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 118

kitts

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read through here and can't believe the difference in peoples prices and treatment with various companies! I've never claimed, never had convictions, don't live in a high risk area, and yet the RAC wanted £470 off me, then came back two hours later said my Paj didn't exist as it was 2800 on the V5, and then charged me money to cancel!!!!! I tried Flux and got it for £338 which I was happy with. Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 20:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Thingy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Im in the anit Flux camp, but in fairness Im also very much anti Churchill too. My story is a little different from everyone elses, but here goes.

Up until November this year, I had a Volvo XC70 as a company car. It was insured by Aviva but neither asks for, nor generates a NCD. In July a bought the Shogun as a Caravan Tug and also because I knew we wouldn't be having any more company cars. So, prior to purchasing my Shogun, I contacted Churchill. I told them I also had another vehicle on more than one occasion and they came back with a quote for my Shogun at £290, which of course I jumped at. I did have to supply a letter regarding my driving history from our company insurers. Two days after submitting this, Churchill rang me and said they couldn't accept the letter as I was still using the Volvo. I asked why and it transpires they wouldn't offer me insurance at that price as they were giving me a clean driving history and allowing up to 9 years NCD. As I had a company vehicle they said I was using my NCD towards that. I told them that I had written proof that I had informed them of this but they wouldn't budge. I explained that I wasn't using NCD in respect of the company car as it neither required nor generated NCD so how could I possibly be using my allowance. The premium jumped to over £2000 and I obviously told them where to stick it.

Eventually, I arrived at Adrian Flux, and their best quote, under the same situation was a tad over £800. At this price I decided to spread the cost, and this i duly did, although I was surprised to be involved with "Premium Credit". Beware of this bunch. I told Flux that I would most likely cancel this policy after three months and told them the whole story. I was informed there would be a cancellation charge usually of £25. As this would be a clear saving of over 1k for the year I went ahead.

Three months later, having parted with the Volvo and in possession of another letter of driving history, I began to shop around. Not the cheapest but the most useful policy was RAC at £318 and I duly took this out. However, returning to Adrian Flux to cancel the previous policy I was stunned not only to be charged £25 by them for cancellation, but a further £105 by Premium Credit for cancelling their deal too. Now correct me if I am wrong, but usually, settling a credit agreement early comes with a significant saving. This is basically banditry by Flux and Premium Credit and I would strongly advise anyone to avoid this situation like the plague. I currently am going through a complaint via the Ombudsman in respect of unfair T&C's, watch this space. One further thing to note, even though I paid the balance online immediately to get rid of this bunch, their terms only give the individual 7 days in which to settle this account, not the month that respectable companies normally offer.
brucemillar

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am not happy with Adrian Flux.  I was until I noticed that they are charging me £920pa to insure my 3.5 SWB 1998.  This is double what I pay Adrian Flux to insure a 2004 Mercedes V6 petrol.  Assuming that this was a mistake I called them.  They agree that I have a full no claims bonus.  No accidents and a clean driving license.  They also agree that I am 57 years old own my own house in a good area with low crime.  So how do they justify charging more than double what I pay to insure a C55 AMG Mercedes?  They don't bother they say that is what it costs.

Can this be real?
Jutwit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

To shoguns / pajeros come under classic insurance ?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's nearly 20 years old and it doesn't.
Jutwit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an r reg disco that did, a g and a h reg suzukis sj that did, an old Cherokee that didn't and a vitara that didn't, and neither did my jimny. Strange one that, sounds like they go my models rather than age.
johnkarl

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 15:19    Post subject: insurance Reply with quote

Adrian Flux £451.00,         Churchill £379.48,         and loads more expensive, guess which one I will be getting
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 16:43    Post subject: Re: insurance Reply with quote

johnkarl wrote:
Adrian Flux £451.00,         Churchill £379.48,         and loads more expensive, guess which one I will be getting

Have you got a Shogun or a Pajero?
johnkarl

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajero mate
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get a quote for a Pajero from the mainstream insurers - Shoguns were OK though.
jonny ramrod

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got mine through Chris Knott for £315 inc breakdown. Thats with 9+ year of no claims and living out in the sticks. Quite happy with that
Jutwit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing admiral multi car and my shogun 3.0 v6 is £220  Very Happy
jonny ramrod

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not bad at all. Is it an import.?
Davelincs

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've wasted 25 minutes of my life on the phone to Adrian flux this morning, liverpool Victoria quoted me £496 , so I went on line to flux after seeing it advertised on this site, £474 , the return email said, give us a call we could save you another 20%, so I called them this morning, went through the on line quote, no difference the girl came back with, £556 , so I mentioned they email me a quote of £474, she looked into this and came back with, well we cannot do it at that price , so I thanked her for wasting my time and put the phone down, why quote one price on line then a dearer one on the phone?
There was some pence after the above prices,
scruffygyt

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my renewal from Adrian flux 54yr old 11yrs no claims 5000ml limit (which is plenty for me) third party fire and theft and a £150 excess.   £345.91. how does this compare with other pajero owners?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: