2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Hydraulic Brake Booster Safety Recall for a 3.2 DiD

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 20:52    Post subject: Hydraulic Brake Booster Safety Recall for a 3.2 DiD Reply with quote

For those of you with LWB 3.2 DiD Shoguns (don't know if the new shape Pajs will be included in this).

I arrived home to a bundle of post after our holiday, and one letter was to inform me that the Shoggie needs to go in for a recall. Our Shoggie is on an 03 plate, whether there is any relavance to the age rather than just the model, I have no idea, but it is a Safety Recall sent via VOSA, so I guess it must be important to get sorted out, so if you have a new shaped Shogun or Paj, it may be worth contacting Mitsi to see if yours needs checking Wink  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 20:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right an update for those of you with 3.2 DiDs...... there are actually 3 recalls (well 3 outstanding on mine).

1. Gearbox dipstick, it seems that some that were fitted from new are too short. Could also need new oil (according to the person at Mitsi), but not according to dealers Rolling Eyes So really not sure on what is/isn't needed Rolling Eyes
2. EGR valve cooler, (or something along those lines Rolling Eyes ), the service manager was a tad vague, just that some models have parts fitted that were produced earlier than the age of my truck, so may need replacing Rolling Eyes
3. The brake booster pump, as per the original post, again a check and change if it is required. Seemingly, it is to do with a seal failing, so needs the pump to be checked and will be changed if it is the type that have been found to be faulty.

Needless to say, I am taking it down to be checked, but I am not feeling very confident. This new dealership in Falmouth started after the other shower at Summercourt lost it....... and even though I am not the most mechanically knowledgeable person in the world, the service manager didn't instill a lot of confidence when answering the questions I asked him Rolling Eyes
lewist1993

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

minesapasty wrote:
Right an update for those of you with 3.2 DiDs...... there are actually 3 recalls (well 3 outstanding on mine).

1. Gearbox dipstick, it seems that some that were fitted from new are too short. Could also need new oil (according to the person at Mitsi), but not according to dealers Rolling Eyes So really not sure on what is/isn't needed Rolling Eyes
2. EGR valve cooler, (or something along those lines Rolling Eyes ), the service manager was a tad vague, just that some models have parts fitted that were produced earlier than the age of my truck, so may need replacing Rolling Eyes
3. The brake booster pump, as per the original post, again a check and change if it is required. Seemingly, it is to do with a seal failing, so needs the pump to be checked and will be changed if it is the type that have been found to be faulty.

Needless to say, I am taking it down to be checked, but I am not feeling very confident. This new dealership in Falmouth started after the other shower at Summercourt lost it....... and even though I am not the most mechanically knowledgeable person in the world, the service manager didn't instill a lot of confidence when answering the questions I asked him Rolling Eyes

Hi mate, to clear up these recalls,

1. The original engine oil dipstick was found to be too long to give sufficient lubricant capacity. So basically mmc decided the shogun needed more oil in and shortened the dipstick to allow this. Dealerships are allowed to add up to a liter of oil to compensate for the shorter dipstick.

2. The erg cooler recall, some of the originals where leaking under extreme conditions and need to be replace with the later modified version, however there is no recored of which was fitted to exactly which vehicle so we have to bring each one into the dealerships and check to see weather and replacement is required.

3. The hbb recall is to check the production date and possibly replace the hbb unit.

btw, I'm an apprentice in a mitsubishi dealership up north and I know the apprentice working at Falmouth, from what I hear the customer facing team aren't that greatest however the mechanics do know what their doing.

hth, Lewis
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went down, and the apprentice in Falmouth seems to be spot on, the Service Manager came across as a right twonk Rolling Eyes ....... luckily I got to meet the mechanic who did the checks and he seemed spot on....... and explained everything Very Happy Also went out of his way to show Jack (5 y/o  Laughing ) a Lancer that was in the showroom, as he took a liking to it.............. he decided that it wasn't any good though as it didn't have a tow hitch for pulling the boat Laughing

Anyway, the outcome is that our Shoggie needs to have all 3 done, but they don't have the parts in stock, so they will contact me when the bits arrive Rolling Eyes
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one for mine too, HBB has a potential seal failure and it lets the nitrogen gas escape.
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines also an 03 looks lyk a call to mitsi tommorrow see if my hbb needs doing
Shogero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe I have found this topic today.  I've had an ongoing problem with my new (to me) shogun.  Intermittently, the abs warning light and very annoying, loud buzzer has been going off.  I took it to an auto electrician today and it has been diagnosed as having a fault with the hydraulic brake booster and the valve relay.  They have told me to go away and get a new abs unit fitted.  My shogun is a 52 plate and i'm now wondering if this the same problem as you are describing here.  Would I be able to take it to Mitsubishi and get it done by them if it is a recall?  If so, would I have to pay for this???  Sorry for sounding a bit thick but all my old cars have been older than this and a lot less complex to fix.  Any help and advice would be gratefully received.
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shogero wrote:
Can't believe I have found this topic today.  I've had an ongoing problem with my new (to me) shogun.  Intermittently, the abs warning light and very annoying, loud buzzer has been going off.  I took it to an auto electrician today and it has been diagnosed as having a fault with the hydraulic brake booster and the valve relay.  They have told me to go away and get a new abs unit fitted.  My shogun is a 52 plate and i'm now wondering if this the same problem as you are describing here.  Would I be able to take it to Mitsubishi and get it done by them if it is a recall?  If so, would I have to pay for this???  Sorry for sounding a bit thick but all my old cars have been older than this and a lot less complex to fix.  Any help and advice would be gratefully received.
no it wont cost you nothing apart from your time all you need to do is ring mitsi with your reg number and ask if your truck has any outstanding recalls if so they will do all of them totally free of charge
Shogero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply mick1969 but can I ask another question please.  Before I bought this shogun I rang my local dealer to ask him a question about the car and gave him the vin number.  He told me that he couldn't find my car on the system which meant it wasn't a uk vehicle.  It transpires that this car originally went to Germany and then came to England 6 months after its manufacture date and was registered here at that point.  Do you know if this will this make any difference when I try to get the recall work done?
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it shouldnt make no differance were your truck was manufactored at the end of the day its still a mitsubishi no matter what.they will do the work/replace parts that are a manufacture fault free of charge
Shogero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news. I so wish I had read this forum before I took my car to the auto electrician today. I would be £85 better off if I had but at least now I might be able to get the actual problem fixed f.o.c.  I have emailed Mitsubishi to find out if there are any recalls due on my car and can't wait to hear their response.  I will be checking my emails non-stop now until I hear back from them. Thanks again for your help.  Very Happy
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shogero wrote:
That's great news. I so wish I had read this forum before I took my car to the auto electrician today. I would be £85 better off if I had but at least now I might be able to get the actual problem fixed f.o.c.  I have emailed Mitsubishi to find out if there are any recalls due on my car and can't wait to hear their response.  I will be checking my emails non-stop now until I hear back from them. Thanks again for your help.  Very Happy
not sure if it will be the same for you but before i had mine done i emailed them and got no responce i ended up ringing then to get mine sorted goodluck keep us up dated on the out come
Shogero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do.  Gonna give them till close of play Monday and then i'll ring them  Wink
Shogero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a reply from Mitsubishi but unfortunately it wasn't what I wanted to hear.  They said that there were no outstanding campaigns on my vehicle.  I have a 52 plate 3.2 did SWB with the exact same problem (hydraulic brake booster).  It seems wrong that mine isn't being recalled when the LWB is.  Where can I go from here????  Will I have to have it repaired at a garage at my own expense or is it worth pursuing it with Mitsubishi???  I am so annoyed as I had only had this vehicle for less than a week when the problem occured and have no recall from the seller as it was a friend of a 'friend'.  Any help would be gratefully received.  Crying or Very sad
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say Mitsubishi, are you saying that you contacted your local dealership or the head office? With my old 2.5 Paj, I was told by the dealership that there were no recalls outstanding, but after emailing the head office using the email address provided by the site, they said that there was and TOLD the dealership that the pitman arm had to be done.

I'm still waiting for the dealership to contact me regarding the parts for the 3 recalls on the Shogun, and it is over a week since I took it to be checked...... does it take that long for the bits to get delivered? Phone call time I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: