eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

4x4salesofsurrey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordonsen

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 22:38    Post subject: 4x4salesofsurrey Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am a relatively new Pajero owner. But thanks to 4x4SalesofSurrey I have become a wise and much more experienced person over the last 4 months. It all began after seeing a Pajero Exceed on their website advertised as being in 'Pristine' condition and probably 'the only one in the country'. It sounded good with only '60,000 miles' on the clock. I paid a deposit and a fortnight later went to pick up the only Exceed of its kind in the country and in pristine condition. The 11th February came round and I set off from Norwich to Cranleigh. Upon arrival 'its, er not ready yet'. Apparently it takes a fortnight to service one of these vehicles. But no, they had decided to fit a towbar (as it said in the ad?). Then it decided to rain very heavily (to their advantage) so when I went to see the car it was difficult to look properly but it was running and I was allowed to drive around the airfield. Mr Jeremy Clarkson is on the other side of the airfield. It seemed to drive reasonably well so with a new MOT and fuelled up I set off for Norfolk. One small point was the advert said 'cruise control' which is important to me as I regularly use Autobahns and am disabled. When I asked them where it was, the chap sat (10mins) in the car before saying 'er, it aint got one'. I did not like the bullbar and the rusty foglights but they promised to send new ones up. The M25/Dartford tunnel is where I got a sudden loud noise. Pulled over and hey Presto - I was minus one foglight. Otherwise the journey went relatively well. The next day was sunny so I decided to take a closer look. The nearside sidestep was twisted and was so sharp you could have cut a Sunday joint with it. Then I noticed the roof rails were also missing. Also 2 belts were missing and on closer inspection by a mechanic, he found that apart from the belts missing, the roof rails missing, the front fuel seal needing immediate replacement, the leaking radiator was also to be replaced, the glow plug rail was only connected to three plugs and a piece of wire coat hangar connecting the fourth plug, the water trap wires hanging free, the accelerator connection was also a home brew and yesterday I was told that the rear shocks need immediate replacement and one front gaiter plus of course the air con ist non-existent. They claimed that the replacement bull bar/lamps got 'lost  in the post'. They are however experts at not putting things right, not answering e-mails, not answering the phone and not answering any letters and re-imbursement for anything is out of the question. But you do get a 6-month mechanical warranty, thats if they activate it, I'm still waiting. If this is the sort of dealer that you are looking for - feel free - Gordon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

AJRS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that tale of woe, mate but I reckon you need to talk to the trading standards and see what they can do. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: