Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

to do or not do pitman arm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitsi_pajero_babe

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 13:12    Post subject: to do or not do pitman arm Reply with quote

well after long phone call with my nearest mitsi dealer and then with the customer service woman who ive been emailing i am now seriously debating not taking my truck to get pitman arm done Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 13:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Curt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your problem? it costs nothing and is recalled for a reason. To not get it done is frankly stuiped.
mitsi_pajero_babe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

not stupid at all!!!! my problem is the fact that my nearest dealer said they have not done one in years so unsure on my questions, then informed me if nuts etc break whilst removing it that I will be liable for all costs incurred to make good (which i dread to think the dealership prices) also being told that sometimes when removing a seized on one some items can be damaged but they are not liable!! and being told that there is a high chance that my steering wheel will never be straight afterwards!! so stupid i may be! but i do not want my good condition truck damaged whilst in a mitsi dealer! and then having to pay their prices to have them fix stuff they messed up!
Curt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load of nonsence. Any Mitsubishi dealer will have to incur ANY cost and expense of a recall, regardless of how smooth or tough the job may go. not to mention is TWO BOLTS, an amature mechanic could have it done in an hour.

your steering wheel may be knocked off but its nothing that getting the alignment changed will not sort, since you have to get it done afterwards is hardly a disaster.

I've had 3 Pajeros taken in for pitman arms and not once have they tried to ask for money nor argued any fact.

Sound like you are dealing with a complete pack of amatures, ring a reputable Mitsubishi delaership and get it booked in.
mitsi_pajero_babe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rang the dealership that is nearest to me, and after him sayin all this on the telephone i then rang the woman at head office who i had been emailing and she also said they are not liable for costs of anything damaged in process they will only pay for removal of old one and replacement of new one and if anything is broken or damaged inbetween then the costs fall down to me!! and despite lots other posts of people sayin no problem with steering wheel being put straight guy at my d'ship said they cant guarantee will be straight and may always be 1spline out of line and therefore not straight! all i know is despite me keep sayin to them if you break it in process it should be covered they are insisting they will not cover costs will be upto me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: