eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Best oils/lubes for 4M41 DiD 3.2 auto tiptronic transmition?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 22:58    Post subject: Best oils/lubes for 4M41 DiD 3.2 auto tiptronic transmition? Reply with quote

Hi to all I am just new proud owner of shogun Y reg. 2001 GLS auto 3.2did with 130k miles on the clock.I am looking for advise on what oils/lubes/fluids ,parts should I check or work done.At this moment I am order full sets of filters made by MAHLE ,what is yours opinion on quality of this OEM parts?? what oil will be best to use on that engine? apparently last service was done by Mitsubishi main garage in east England on APPX 98k Sad !!
At this moment all works fine besides Cruise control don't work at all,small leak from back transmition hub and engine more dripping then leak.
What kind of coolant should I put in radiator after flush? at this moment it's filled with some yellowish coolant??
Anyone knows good scrap yard/spare parts source in Swansea,Cardiff area in Wales.
All answers/ advise/advisers will be much welcome and much appreciated as I know almost nothing about Maintenance Direct injected diesel engine...Sad
Again many thanks for all to point me in right direction!
All best to all
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 22:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the engine oil it recommends a semi synthetic 10/40 and for the automatic transmission it is Dia queen SP III, i prefer Millers Millermatic SP III.

Anti freeze - use the long life anti freezes and not coolants, why pay for water when its free from your tap, if you are bothered about water quality then filter it with a filter jug and them boil it, once cooled add it to your cooling system.

Milners filter kits have served me well, £12 for oil, air, and fuel filters, then there is the VAT and any postage, i pass them regularly so pick them up when passing. The only maintenance required with the fuel system is not to run the fuel low so it picks up muck from the tank, and change the fuel filter at every service, or annually if it does less miles.

If you want the full specs i will send them to you, just message me.
VIKI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be great help as at this moment "I am walking in dark" a little because Its my first diesel shogun/pajero and unfortunately all owner book was misplaced by 2nd owner : ( Should I am start thinking about cambelt chain/tensioners change? this was what I done on my previous 3.0 petrol auto Pajero just on the start ownership. Again all advise and help will be much appreciated.
assassin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not think about the cambelt as it does not have one, it has a chain instead, which requires very little other than good lubrication through regular oil changes. Some models had issues with the chain tensioner, but why bother unless it becomes troublesome, and if it does you will hear it, and most of these problems were due to incorrect servicing and oil changes.
assassin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil Specifications 3200 Diesel

Engine oil -

To ACEA B1, B2, B3, B4.
API rated at CD or higher.

-40 - +10 SAE 5/30
-20 - +40 SAE 10/30
-15 - +50 SAE 15/40
-10 - +50 SAE 20/40

Automatic Transmission Fluid - Dia Queen SP III

Anti Freeze - Long life ethylene glycol at a 50/50 mixture for protection down to - 35 degrees

Brake Fluid - Dot 3 or Dot 4.

Power steering - Dexron II.

Transfer box - Gear oil API classification GL4 SAE 75-90W 0r 75-85W.

Differentials - Hypoid gear oil to GL5 Specification or higher SAE 80 or SAE 90.

Capacities

Engine with filter change - 9.8 litres
Automatic gearbox - 9.7 litres
Transfer case - 2.8 litres
Diff front - 1.15 litres
Diff rear - 1.5 litres
Engine coolant with front heater - 9 litres
Engine coolant with front/rear heaters - 10.5 litres

Brake and clutch fluid - As required

Front washers - 6 litres
Rear washers - 1.4 litres

Power steering fluid - 1 litre
VIKI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 19:45    Post subject: many THX Reply with quote

Again many THX for all that help,and all best for club and you,much oblige/appreciated
VIKI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to ALL
Apparently there is 2 models of 2000 LWB shogies 1 takes 9,8 as above another one 8,3L of  engine oil
assassin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there is not, there is one type only, one of your figures is simply for an oil change, the other is for an oil and filter change, the filter holds a lot of oil so it requires more to be put into the engine until the engine primes its oil circuits.
VIKI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my mechanic put appx 8,-9L of oil after filter was change and all works fine until he attempt to switch off engine then after he remove ignition key engine revs up to appx 2500-3500 by himself and stop and it was happening all time, long story short after appx 3,5 h tinkering.work on the car he drain back appx 1,5L oil and then after switch off engine stop as usually .That why it comes to me as proof /example to above opinion soI  its 2 oil capacity 8,3 and 9,8 as was stated in unipart parts catalogue on which I have quick look.
VIKI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw any opinion on:

Castrol GTD Plus 10w-40 Car Engine Oil

good/bad/average??? I just start think about next service and I found nice deal on 10L of this oil
cipijoint

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCHS TITAN 4400  for the automatic transmission
VIKI

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

any differences between FUCHS TITAN 4400 and original mitsu draquenn  auto fluid??
assassin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original specification is for Dia Queen or Mitsubishi SP III, Fuchs Titan 4400 meets the SP III specification, it is a good oil but very expensive compared to Millers and other brands which meet the same SP III specification.

Basically you pays your money and takes your choice, and you can use any brand which meets the SP III specification.
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to add, if you have a limited slip rear differentail then you MUST use an LSD oil.
Hi ASSASIN Still keeping everone informed re lubricants I see. My paj blown a second head in 6 weeks.
Coincidence  Question  Both times shortly after changing the water for proper coolant, obviously proper /regular checks were made.
Mitsu parts have to be souced in the UK so dont think she's going to be repaired again. 95% of vehicles here are Toyota so got to think that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: