2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

I fancy buying a Challenger???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport useful links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 18:22    Post subject: I fancy buying a Challenger??? Reply with quote

I have liked the look of these cars for quite a while, but could'nt find anyone importing them, had a look on the JC Imports website and saw he has 4 for sale, so ordered one to compliment my Pajero I got from him last year.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 18:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

robbie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you will be disappointed with it. I have the Sport 2.5TD and it goes great on or off road....... It gave a good run against some Landies this weekend too, but the main problem was the height clearance which let it down.
Monkey Hanger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz

I also checked out JC's site, as I bought a superb Pajero off him a few years ago and, as you would expect, he had a good selection of superb vehicles at reasonable prices.

I don't know what you paid for yours, but I've just (today) bought privately a 1996(P) 2.8TD in excellent condition, 62k miles, T &T, new tyres, 360 quids worth of flip front MP3, tow bar (unused), full manufacturers carpets etc. for less than £6k, which I think is a birrova bargain. It's certainly much cheaper than any I've seen advertised anywhere.
I'll let you know how it performs long term, but my first impressions are extremely favourable.

Happy off-roading.

Monkey Hanger

EDIT - Just realised that your post is from LAST YEAR. Where've you been since?
KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell ! not a very busy forum this one lads ?

I too have bought a Challenger 2.8 TD to replace my aging Mk2 Paj SWB 2.8TD and also from JC Imports

so what have your experiences been of this car ?

K  Wink
pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin, I'm on my 3rd 3.0 V6 (must be soft in't 'ead!) and I cannot fault them. The ride is comfortable and the equipment level is good. I do around 35-40k miles a year and I tow a fairly hefty fishing boat most weekends.

Being the petrol the latest one wasn't cheap to run at 22-25 mpg, but I invested £1500 and got it converted to LPG and am now paying 54p a litre which does take the strain off the wallet.

I have to be honest, I've never off-roaded them, but when it comes down to pulling a boat and trailer out of heavy surf on soft sand or driving through rocks and dunes to find a particular fishing mark, I've never got bogged down once.

Oh, and I  can still wear my suit and go calling on customers without feeling like I should be using the tradesman's entrance! Laughing
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Paul, well I collected mine on Wednesday and am off to Tuscany on saturday, so I hope it is as reliable as the Paj was...

Its a fresh import with only 60,000 miles on the clock and it feels a bit stiff compared to the old Paj, but I guess it needs time to loosen up and stretch its legs a bit.

I'll post some pics of the trip if anyones interested...

K  Wink
pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kev, enjoy the trip and I'm sure everyone on here would like to see some pics.

Cheers, Paul
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

pauliexjr wrote:
Hi Kev, enjoy the trip and I'm sure everyone on here would like to see some pics.

Cheers, Paul

Cheers Paul,

sorry for the delay but here you go... take a look here

http://ketvrin.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

Tynedale to Tuscany via France, Switzerland, Lakes Maggiori and Como, then back via the Italian French Alps - 3500 miles in all and never missed a beat... Cool

Now have L200 16" wheels and still looking for a suitable Bullbar or A-Bar...

K  Wink
pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Kev, that looks stunning. I'm currently down in Auch in the mid-Pyrenees on a training course, off to Andorra tomorrow for the weekend, pity I don't have me Sport! Crying or Very sad
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

pauliexjr wrote:
Cool Kev, that looks stunning. I'm currently down in Auch in the mid-Pyrenees on a training course, off to Andorra tomorrow for the weekend, pity I don't have me Sport! Crying or Very sad

Nice area.. a couple of years ago, I crossed the Pyranees zig zagging in and out of spain and france and dropped down through Andorra (count the fuel stations on the border with France ! ! !  Shocked  ) we were in a Scooby Imprezza Turbo  and the drive was just spectacular...

have fun...

K  Wink
_Si_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another green Challenger in the alps, fantastic! I thought it was mine for a second Laughing Looks in lovely nick too, well done.

Must say though it's not the best car I've ever had around some of the bends up there, even a VW Transporter handles the twisties with more confidence!
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Si_ wrote:
Another green Challenger in the alps, fantastic! I thought it was mine for a second Laughing Looks in lovely nick too, well done.

Must say though it's not the best car I've ever had around some of the bends up there, even a VW Transporter handles the twisties with more confidence!

Hi Si - pity I missed you... would have been a good picture... Cool

Handling is not as good as my old SWB Paj but is not bad... not as much roll as I expected, but turning circle is poor... tyres squealed a bit on some of the tight hairpins... I had the 15" wheels on then but have changed to 16" with 265x75 tyres now so we'll see if they make any difference.

lets see some pics of your motor in the alps now...  Wink

K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport useful links All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: