Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

any green laning clubs around thetford area??

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjbkitchens

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 20:43    Post subject: any green laning clubs around thetford area?? Reply with quote

hi,im a clacton guy but ive got a shogun looking to do some green laning around thetford as this used to be nearest place for me but havent been laning for about 6-7 years,driving up there tommorrow to re familarise myself with a few lighter routes as this time its just me and the brother in law and a spade just in case haha,so sticking purely to easy stuff but next month theres about four cars going but wondered if there are any clubs still going up there,we used to meet up at brandon yrs back,about ten or so cars usually but long since lost contact.would be nice to know if there are any clubs in the area,cheers,tony.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 20:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Innocence

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would also be interested in this as i live in Ipswich and OH wants to take the Pajero out!
tjbkitchens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a great day out sunday,just me and me brother in law in my shogun,i was very surprised how capable it was with just all terrain tyres on,didnt need the spade or toolkit,came across lots of bikes and truks during the drive out,stopped to chat to a few.recognised most of the lanes but some were closed from oct to april.we drove from 9-3 and covered alot of ground,were going back sunday 5th for another go with my my shogun and my mates discovery,we started at barnham and travelled around from there.hopefully see some other mitsi's next time.
delboy114

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

boys got all the thetford routes on my os map the NO4x4 group go round that way alot and id be happy to take you round some when we're all free nice to have a few more mitzi's about im the only one !
tjbkitchens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,that wasnt you up thetford last sunday was it? there wasnt many green laners out which surprised me as the snow conditions were great fun,there was a lone mitsi that followed us for a short distance then pulled over.we were playing up there all day,good crack.were doing braintree green lanes this saturday then couple weeks after well be up thetford again so ill post then and see if youre about.been out few times with the shogun,must say very pleased with its capabilities,last time i went green laning was about 8 yrs ago in my frontera lwb with mud terrains on,id say this handles as good with at's on and comfier too.lol.although havent taken it serious offroading yet like i did with the fronty,the extra power is nice on tap as my fronty was only a 2.4 petrol.happy days......
skyline-stu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and mate with a blue landy were out in thet in snow. Smile   had a great time  Smile Smile

delboy114

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

was made redundant last week so ive gotta be careful with my dosh especially spending it on fuel ! LOL ,but im hopfully starting work again in april. so why dont we arrange a date and all meet up and go from there ? i'm back in norwich on the 3rd of april cos i am going up aberdeen for some training
tjbkitchens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh,it was good driving in the snow up there,were up for a meet one weekend.what date did you have in mind.sunday"s are easier for us but can do a saturday at a push.am i right in thinking were allowed to drive national trails as when i used to go green laning in thetford area we went to many more areas than ive been this time,im sure it was peddars way we drove so wondered if you can drive all the national trails as well as byways,some are marked on the os as both,weve driven the lower end of thetford trails over the heath and the long trail up the centre and then around past the pig farms but ive yet to find an old area i was looking for,it used to have a mud splosh about two foot or so deep muddy slop and water depending on rainwhich we used to have a play in mid way,im sure it must be part of pedders way but havent done the north side of thetford again yet.any ideas,cheers,tony.
delboy114

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can do peddars way too if u like I'm home the 2nd of april from aberdeen so a Sunday after then and we'll all meet up and get muddy !
tjbkitchens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

great,i'll check with the guys that they can do any sunday then sort a date,we went to braintree yesterday 45mins from me,first time there,the landy's organised a 70 mile route,excellent route and very muddy and we finished it with a bath through a ford just over 2 foot deep which washed the underbody well.took nearly 8 hrs,managed all they did except two small sections which i knew my std truck wouldnt clear,he's got 35 inch mud terrains on lift kits etc so they had a slight advantage hehe.
delboy114

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

never done braintree, been to bure pits ! which is a little bit further down the road! bit more extreme than greenlaning !, if you can remember would you do it again?
tjbkitchens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh,braintree was good and only 45 mins from me where as thetford is hour and ten.were up thetford this sat on my own with the wife then following sunday with the disco and defender boys then braintree again couple of weeks after that,never went to bures,seen the vids and spoke to some people but they tried to put me off saying the sand gets in everywhere and wears everything real quick?its pretty sandy in parts around thetford so i"ll probably go there sometime and check it out,its an hr from me.ive got to get myself a cheap cb too as the landy's have em but i sold mine yrs back so got to start over.let me know when youre gonna be up thetford way or wanna come down to braintree and we'll all meet.
delboy114

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sounds a plan ! Sand will do damage if u you don't do preventitive work and pressure wash well afterwards !I bought my self a cheap petrol pressure washer off ebay and saved me tonnes of work
tjbkitchens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,the wife enjoyed the drive,bone dry everywhere up thetford today,its been 8 yrs since i ventured past thetford,i thought that pedders way was a national trail you can drive but its a footpath i discover so im lost as to where i was driving yrs back,i watched the footage back i have but it doesnt show the start but we drove for miles and miles towards hunstanton im sure and it seemed pretty straight,few miles at a time and every now and again we crossed a lane plus did a couple of fords,maybe its more ely way,im gonna order another os map for left of thetford to have a butchers,any idea?there was also a big mud bog wed play in but cant find tht either?
delboy114

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedders way is easy to find starts beside the mcdonalds and bp garage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: