eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

obd port

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
offroadjon

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 16:37    Post subject: obd port Reply with quote

hi guys please could someone tell me were i find the obd port on a 95 swb shogun v6 3ltr thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 16:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next to the fuse box, under the dashboard. But remember this is 1990's Mitsubishi proprietary on board diagnostics, not OBD2, EOBD or JOBD. So unless you've got the Mitsubishi scan tool, it's not a huge amount of use.

If you connect pin 1 to ground it'll flash the fault codes on the warning lamp though (note this only works for post-1994 models).
kalross

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uses MUT II.  Basic readings can be made with Evoscan and a cheap FTDI cable.

I posted about it here!

Kal
offroadjon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

well had it plugged in today by a very good guy with all the right gear for it,  yet nothing . would not read it,  he said it maybe  because the engine management light has been removed from dash. does this make sense or is there something else it could be . his software has always worked on other shoguns pajeros . i will replace bulb tomorrow and he will try again just wondered what you guys think
kalross

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bulb is irrelevant really.

I have to connect pin 1 to earth to enable data logging (I did it inside the ODB connector).  Maybe he hasn't done that.  Try bodging pin 1 to earth and plugging in again.

K
kalross

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do replace the bulb...you can see the fault codes flashed when pin 1 is earthed...though it's best to clear codes first (disconnect battery for a while) then take for a spin.

What is wrong with the vehicle?  If it is a non starter...terrible runner...the ECU could be faulty.  Bad capacitors normally.
offroadjon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

it drives great but then it just losses power strugles to tick over then go's great again done it twice now
kalross

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fault codes are very basic on early models...might not be the silver bullet you're looking for.  Intermittent fault like that is hard to nail.  Scan wont do any harm though...try what I said with the pin earthed.  Wish I help more.  My cable and logger deffo works on the same car, so could check for sure...I got a mate in Pontefract...so maybe could arrange an overdue visit.

K
rich r

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed - even the Mitsubishi workshop manual doesn't really place much importance on the ODB port on Mark 2 models. It shows far more use of an oscilloscope and voltmeter (ie the traditional way of doing diagnostics on electronics) and looking for the right voltages and waveforms, plus the usual mechanical diagnostics tools of pressure gauges and timing lights etc.

From Mark 3 onwards, the OBD port is far more useful, as it's full EOBD/OBD2/JOBD compliant, so there is a lot more information available there for troubleshooting purposes.
kalross

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an oscilloscope too Smile  Good for MAF sensor!

K
kalross

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall Tubbs on the forums here sorted a customer's similar problem which was an intermittent o2 sensor fault.  Maybe check the wiring on the lambda...Evoscan will show the 02 voltage swinging and maybe it would falter when you experience the issue?

K
offroadjon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI  GUYS THANKS FOR YOUR HELP  well just read this and this morning i cleaned the connector for lamba sensor and also cleaned mas air flow sensor maf sensor was stinking notice what felt like iron filling through tube to throttle body. so i  took that of.. the  throttle body was stinking sprayed what i could see with carb cleaner  but stopped there as didn't want to get out of my depth , put back together . well it was wicked loads of power but it only lasted 10 mile then unlike b4 total cut out without warning ( nearly broke my wrist no bloody power steering ) started again no probs, of we go cpl miles latter same thing i think throttle body need really good clean is this straight forward any help or thoughts on this much appreciated thanks guys
rich r

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's going for a similar time/distance before conking out, that sounds very much like a filter blocking up rather than anything electrical.

I'm not that familiar with the petrol engines, but I seem to think there are various small gauze filters in the fuel lines. Or is this only on the 3.5? Also check the fuel filter, and the fuel pickup pipe in the tank. Also check for crushed/blocked/leaking fuel pipes. Given then the diesel Pajeros suffer from air getting into the fuel lines near the tank (in a diesel it's just a loss of power, but in a petrol it'd probably cause a stall) it's worth looking at.
offroadjon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

fault found  air flow meter and o2 sensor air flow meter changed now just needs o2 sensor  but i now give up im going back to my old suzuki sj  shogun up for sale cant be doing with this anymore  but thank u all for your help
sova71

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the useful information! I helped your advice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: