eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club
 
The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar   POCUK Club ShopClub Shop  Click here to enter the chat roomChatroom  POCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club in Poland!POC.pl  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My new camping Sankey widetrack

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Camping discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 52
Zodiac: Cancer
Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 1335
Location: Glos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53    Post subject: My new camping Sankey widetrack Reply with quote

Its a disc braked "Sankey widetrack" a beast of a trailer!



Got to rub it down and re-paint, and make a roof for it, for now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
Google
Sponsor







PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!


Back to top
nick-dudley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 48
Zodiac: Leo
Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 2236
Location: Talsarn, lampeter, Ceredigion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool
cant beat em, excellent on road too... looks goood Wink  Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 52
Zodiac: Cancer
Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 1335
Location: Glos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick-dudley wrote:
Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool
cant beat em, excellent on road too... looks goood Wink  Wink

Cheers Nick, starting work on it ready for chillin, on Thursday now jobless!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 52
Zodiac: Leo
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 6828
Location: newport, gwent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice Shaun.... Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
fotoboat
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 61
Zodiac: Aries
Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Posts: 419
Location: Derby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Disc brakes never realised they did them with disc brakes, that will be rock solid for you a bit heavy but it certainly wont fall to bits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 45
Zodiac: Aquarius
Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 13076
Location: Lancashire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 52
Zodiac: Cancer
Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 1335
Location: Glos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, Its a "Wolf Sankey" or something like that! a few bits to do ready for chillin, then doing more stuff as I go Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
nick-dudley
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 48
Zodiac: Leo
Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 2236
Location: Talsarn, lampeter, Ceredigion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

skids wrote:
nick-dudley wrote:
Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool
cant beat em, excellent on road too... looks goood Wink  Wink

Cheers Nick, starting work on it ready for chillin, on Thursday now jobless!!

oh *beep* mate, sorry Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
danneh
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 37
Zodiac: Leo
Joined: 18 Jul 2009
Posts: 459
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to keep the nato hitch on or going to change to a normal one? Are you just gonna tidy it up or is it gonna get full expedition treatment with cooker, fridge etc?

I keep watching sankeys on ebay but they all seem to go for good money.

Wonder how hard it would be to get the discs/hubs machined to be 6 bolt and use paj wheels? Would be good for expeditions in case of multiple punctures Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 52
Zodiac: Cancer
Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 1335
Location: Glos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

danneh wrote:
Are you going to keep the nato hitch on or going to change to a normal one? Are you just gonna tidy it up or is it gonna get full expedition treatment with cooker, fridge etc?

I keep watching sankeys on ebay but they all seem to go for good money.

Wonder how hard it would be to get the discs/hubs machined to be 6 bolt and use paj wheels? Would be good for expeditions in case of multiple punctures Smile


Yeah keeping the nato hitch, wont be able to tow it with any thing else!
The plan is to have onboard electric, gas and water. slide out cooker and sink, etc etc. Will bo done over time, and when I learn to weld Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
JAS828
******
******


Age: 44
Zodiac: Scorpio
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 1506
Location: HUNTINGDON CAMBRIDGESHIRE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you are shaun and dan this is what can be done with sankey
http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=40449
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
danneh
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 37
Zodiac: Leo
Joined: 18 Jul 2009
Posts: 459
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAS828 wrote:
here you are shaun and dan this is what can be done with sankey
http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=40449


Haha i was just searching for that thread myself Very Happy Would love to make somehting similar one day Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 52
Zodiac: Cancer
Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 1335
Location: Glos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

danneh wrote:
JAS828 wrote:
here you are shaun and dan this is what can be done with sankey
http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=40449


Haha i was just searching for that thread myself Very Happy Would love to make somehting similar one day Smile


I can't tell you how many builds I have read up on! lol
Have a look at www.expeditionportal.com there are some impressive motors and trailers on there
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
danneh
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 37
Zodiac: Leo
Joined: 18 Jul 2009
Posts: 459
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

skids wrote:
danneh wrote:
JAS828 wrote:
here you are shaun and dan this is what can be done with sankey
http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=40449


Haha i was just searching for that thread myself Very Happy Would love to make somehting similar one day Smile


I can't tell you how many builds I have read up on! lol
Have a look at www.expeditionportal.com there are some impressive motors and trailers on there


That site is making a slow day go a little quicker Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member


Age: 52
Zodiac: Cancer
Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 1335
Location: Glos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the clean up strated today, you can tell these thing spent their life behind Land Rovers Evil or Very Mad a bit of fixing around the arches is needed!
I was going to build a hinged lid from ply and 2x2, when I priced it all up it will be cheaper to use chequer plate!!
Only a few weeks before chillin best pull my finger out Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Camping discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


All contents © Hobson's Choice IT Solutions Ltd 1997 on
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group