Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Steve Hart - Onan The Barbarian

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Onan the Barbarian - Steve Hart - RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudcom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and joe were talking about onan this morning and all the good friend we have made on this site so we decided to buy a caravan and see you all again then were heard the bad news. always spoke to us like he had known us for years, always made us laugh. rest in peace m8 a tru gent.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 21:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Steve  Sad  Sad  Sad so sorry to hear this news.
We're going to miss you too.  Sad

R.I.P friend.

Please pass on our condolences to Fran and family, we're thinking of you,

Anne & Mike xxx
wilko v6

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I never thought for one minute Id be writing this, Because Steve just oozed confidence and charisma with his illnesses, it was almost like he hd his tonsils out or something quite small not life saving/changing surgery.
Ive never met him nor spoken other than on threads but I feel quite distressed by the News.
My Thoughts and Big Hugs to all his family and the Pocuk Family that were Blessed with his friendship and presence......

As said before many times..... look out, look up, there will be, another bright Star Forever. Remind of Me.....

A true Star need not be told to Shine Bright for even in the Darkest Time Cannot be Dulled.

Sleep Well Dear Friend, Love to Fran and Family.

Kara-lee Nigel and Family.
Pajerobabe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P. Steve.....Can't believe it...I only pm'd you a week ago Sunday and got a lovely reply...sleep well Steve...

Our thoughts are with those left behind.....

Lou and Neil
Mr Mannanan

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first met Steve many, many years ago when my sister Fran brought him home to our house for the very first time. I must have been about ten years old at the time and Fran and Steve about eleven or twelve.. Give or take a few weeks here and there they have been together ever since. Back in those far off days everyone knew him as Tratski, something to do with his prowess on a push bike and he was cool with a capital C. Even then at such a young age Steve had something about him, as a snotty nosed kid of ten I looked up to Steve in more ways than one. In fact he was my hero and has remained that ever since....He had a way with people be they troubled teenagers or troubled eighty year old's. He had wisdom and empathy far beyond his years which he used to the fullest. I remember when I was at a very low point in my life him and Fran  helped me get away from the brink and for that I will be ever thankful. I suppose his greatest passion in life apart from Fran was his music. We used to talk endlessly about this band or this track and when we met up he would play me one thing after another. A lot of the stuff was good, some of course was poo but Steve championed it with gusto. One memory that sticks in my mind was when I was rushed into hospital with a bleeding duodenal ulcer and when they came to visit Steve had done me a cassette of the latest album he had bought on cd for me to listen to. The album was Paul Simon's Graceland and it's still one of my favourites now.......He was big not only in the physical but in heart and I will miss him very much.....Goodnight Steve and God bless.....My hero........I love you........ “For what is it to die, But to stand in the sun and melt into the wind? And when the Earth has claimed our limbs, Then we shall truly dance.”― Kahlil Gibran

Pete xxxxxx
Mr Mannanan

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a newbie on this forum I am unable to PM people so can I say to GAZZ1ZZ....Thank you so much for posting that fantastic photo of Steve. It is him to a tee. And if I could be very cheeky and ask for a copy so that I can print it off and hang it with pride on my wall at home. Also would you mind if I used it on my own website?....Thank you.
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve, my friend, so sorry to be saying goodbyes.

we had such fun in our banter, you always lifted me up.

fran, there is nothing i can say to help you i know, but you should know we are all here for you.
TimReal
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Mannanan wrote:
Being a newbie on this forum I am unable to PM people so can I say to GAZZ1ZZ....Thank you so much for posting that fantastic photo of Steve. It is him to a tee. And if I could be very cheeky and ask for a copy so that I can print it off and hang it with pride on my wall at home. Also would you mind if I used it on my own website?....Thank you.

You've cheered me up no end with your description of Steve this morning - thanks. Everything you say rings so true to me.

If I remember rightly you have to post a certain number of times to be able to PM. To pinch the image now (as I have done) right click your mouse on it and you'll have an option to save a copy. Although GAZZ1ZZ might well have a bigger version of it.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Mannanan wrote:
I first met Steve many, many years ago when my sister Fran brought him home to our house for the very first time. I must have been about ten years old at the time and Fran and Steve about eleven or twelve.. Give or take a few weeks here and there they have been together ever since. Back in those far off days everyone knew him as Tratski, something to do with his prowess on a push bike and he was cool with a capital C. Even then at such a young age Steve had something about him, as a snotty nosed kid of ten I looked up to Steve in more ways than one. In fact he was my hero and has remained that ever since....He had a way with people be they troubled teenagers or troubled eighty year old's. He had wisdom and empathy far beyond his years which he used to the fullest. I remember when I was at a very low point in my life him and Fran  helped me get away from the brink and for that I will be ever thankful. I suppose his greatest passion in life apart from Fran was his music. We used to talk endlessly about this band or this track and when we met up he would play me one thing after another. A lot of the stuff was good, some of course was poo but Steve championed it with gusto. One memory that sticks in my mind was when I was rushed into hospital with a bleeding duodenal ulcer and when they came to visit Steve had done me a cassette of the latest album he had bought on cd for me to listen to. The album was Paul Simon's Graceland and it's still one of my favourites now.......He was big not only in the physical but in heart and I will miss him very much.....Goodnight Steve and God bless.....My hero........I love you........ “For what is it to die, But to stand in the sun and melt into the wind? And when the Earth has claimed our limbs, Then we shall truly dance.”― Kahlil Gibran

Pete xxxxxx

Someone owes me some tissues now, cos, that is Steve to a T,   bloody hell,   I am getting close to it.
mrsnickthenurse

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Steve so sorry your gone.

I bet someone has got the JD out for you

Thinking of you Fran. Take care hun
TimReal
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you all know I've spoken to Fran a minute ago and she's doing as well as can be expected, supported by friends and family. She's been on here and read all your messages of support which she's very touched by.
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved a call from Bob Cole last night, and then Kev text messaged me today....... such sad news, after such a brave fight. RIP my friend.
nobby
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say, I am absolutely gutted RIP Steve Sad
Andy(NorthWales)
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest in peace Sir...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
loonasylum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad   just received a link to this site via mannanans cloak website.
Firstly i read all about steves grueling treatment and how thru all of what he went thru he still managed a smile, not only his own but he managed to put a smile on the faces of others.....quite amazing really given the severity of what he was going thru.
Next i found this thread and i have been reading and taking in all of what people have said about him while wiping away a few tears myself.
I can count myself amongst the lucky ones of u out there who actually got to meet the GREAT MAN in the flesh. The only thing that would differ from my first meeting of him 38 years ago and your first meeting of him would be the fact he didnt make a great first impression on me as im sure he will have for you guys altho to be fair i do have a good excuse for that as i can proudly say that he was my uncle and would have been along with my auntie Fran one of the first people to meet me , and im afraid i cant remember a thing about anyone on that day but i know for sure i made an impression on both Steve and Fran and it goes without saying that once id passed the baby stage and could think and remember he did make an impression on me,how could such a man not!!!
One of the things that im finding hard to digest is that i will never see him again in this life  Sad  a thought thats harder to swallow as it had been a long time since i last saw the both of them which i was to set right later this year when i was going to decend upon them with my wife and children during a family hoiday to dawlish, i just know it would have been a great day.
What is amazing on this thread is how everyones views on not just Steve but Fran aswell are outlining the same things, what great people!!! I couldnt agree more.

I will sign of for now but contiue to follow this post and read your kinds words...............

REST IN PEACE UNCLE STEVE...............
A hand above the water
An angel reaching for the sky
Is it raining in heaven -
Do you want us to cry?
And everywhere the broken-hearted
On every lonely avenue
No-one could reach them
No-one but you
One by one
Only the Good die young
They're only flying too close to the sun
And life goes on -
Without you...
Another Tricky Situation
I get the drowin' in the Blues
And I find myself thinkin'
Well - what would you do?
Yes! - it was such an operation
Forever paying every due
Hell, you made a sensation
You found a way through - and
One by one
Only the Good die young
They're only flyin' too close to the sun
We'll remember -
Forever...
And now the party must be over
I guess we'll never understand
The sense of your leaving
Was in the way it was planned?
And so we grace another table
And raise our glasses one more time
There's a face at the window
And I ain't never, never sayin' goodbye...
One by one
Only the Good die young
They're only flyin' too close to the sun
Cryin' for nothing
Cryin' for no-one
No-one but you.........................................

I know he will apreciate these lyrics....................................
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Onan the Barbarian - Steve Hart - RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: