Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

New Day, New Smile!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Onan the Barbarian - Steve Hart - RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turvey
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 19:33    Post subject: New Day, New Smile! Reply with quote

In memory of Steve, and I hope nobody minds, I'll be displaying his New Day, New Smile! website address in my signature for a while. If you're feeling a bit down it helps to read the front page  Wink

If you go to the Gallery you can see he was making a Gallery of Smiles  Smile  I was in Tesco earlier today and saw this one on the Mum and Baby notice board and I had to add it here...

Also on there is a Youtube video of a group of young musicians called PUSH who wrote a song called 'New Day, New Smile!'

Link

When they make it big remember where you saw them first  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 19:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Already have it on my profile in honour of a great bloke Very Happy
carolrabbit
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nicked it from you a few days ago  Wink  Laughing  Laughing and I'm sure Brian has it too  Laughing  Laughing
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it on Kylies profile, and have added it to mine .....

It is such great words and a  great concept for where Steve was at, and the idea of the photos etc ....

I'd be willing to help /  take on and carry on, & promote the site in Steve's memory if Fran or nobody else can or doesn't want to ....  I don't know who has admin etc to the back end, but please pass this message on when the time is right ...

mark " smiler   Wink "  dale
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Agree mark would be great to keep it going as steve helped a lot of us through rough times with a wee pm or text  Very Happy

Idea  How about when leebeelee, who has his own problems at the minute so it does not have to be right away could do a small round smiley face with some words ...like "pocuk family...new smile ..new day......steve hart "onan the barbarion " r.i.p.....or someone could think of something better to put on it......and we could donate the cost of badge to one or both of steves charities........would wear it with pride on my paj with pride Very Happy

just a wee idea folks... Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
carolrabbit
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecollie wrote:
Very Happy Agree mark would be great to keep it going as steve helped a lot of us through rough times with a wee pm or text  Very Happy

Idea  How about when leebeelee, who has his own problems at the minute so it does not have to be right away could do a small round smiley face with some words ...like "pocuk family...new smile ..new day......steve hart "onan the barbarion " r.i.p.....or someone could think of something better to put on it......and we could donate the cost of badge to one or both of steves charities........would wear it with pride on my paj with pride Very Happy

just a wee idea folks... Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

I was thinking about a sticker the other day Ritchie, great minds think alike  Wink,  and putting it on the truck next to the Nick the Nurse sticker  Cool
TimReal
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see this hit the spot with a few people  Very Happy

It meant a lot to Steve did this website and he put his usual amount of enthusiasm into it. I'm a web designer by trade and when he came to me to set it up I naturally wanted to give him some jazzy looking modern website. But he totally insisted it looked exactly like it does now. Right down to the smiley image that he chose. As was often the case, he was right and I was wrong!

I'll definitely be keeping it going for as long as I'm around as a fitting tribute to a dear old friend. Just a bit busy at the mo what with work/kids and then Steve's funeral next week but I'll definitely be pleased to talk to anyone who wants to add things or whatever in the near future.
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimReal wrote:
Good to see this hit the spot with a few people  Very Happy

It meant a lot to Steve did this website and he put his usual amount of enthusiasm into it. I'm a web designer by trade and when he came to me to set it up I naturally wanted to give him some jazzy looking modern website. But he totally insisted it looked exactly like it does now. Right down to the smiley image that he chose. As was often the case, he was right and I was wrong!

I'll definitely be keeping it going for as long as I'm around as a fitting tribute to a dear old friend. Just a bit busy at the mo what with work/kids and then Steve's funeral next week but I'll definitely be pleased to talk to anyone who wants to add things or whatever in the near future.

Nice one Tim  -  

mark " likes the simplicity " dale
alan9362

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a sticker is a great idea guys and would be more than happy to have one on the paj.

It may be a bit soon now, but is it worth running this past Fran for her thoughts on this in a little while ??
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy  Cant get that song oot me head now ................aye its a great wee tribute to steve that website.
Turvey
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope no-one minds me adding to this thread but I've loved this tune since hearing it on Simon Mayo's show and I think it sums up Steve's outlook on life to a tee  Wink

Link
leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Specials version is cool too, I danced with them on stage to that!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Onan the Barbarian - Steve Hart - RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: