eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

body lift, info please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon boy

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 22:17    Post subject: body lift, info please Reply with quote

has anyone ere done this and what did it involve, presuming you did it yourself, appart from making up the spacers, did you extend brake lines, air con hoses etc, did you need to remount bumpers, i'm hoping for a 2" lift is this posible?????????if not a 1" lift may do info please??????
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 22:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

HLB

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 16:53    Post subject: Boddy lift Reply with quote

Hallo there
I am not sure off your Pajero
But I have a 1998 Pajero ( topik Pajero on Big tires )
I know you can lift it 1,5" witout ani changes to your brake lines our elctrical wires but you need to bend the 4x4 handle to the front a little bit
And lift your buper“s upp 1,5" also lower your radiator 1,5" to keep evertink in it“s orginal place.
HLB

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 16:54    Post subject: Boddy lift Reply with quote

Hallo there
I am not sure off your Pajero
But I have a 1998 Pajero ( topik Pajero on Big tires )
I know you can lift it 1,5" witout ani changes to your brake lines our elctrical wires but you need to bend the 4x4 handle to the front a little bit
And lift your buper“s upp 1,5" also lower your radiator 1,5" to keep evertink in it“s orginal place.
Mitch

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jon boy,

I'm not aware of anyone having a commercial kit. There is a guy in California named Roger Brown (www.4crawler.com) that makes a kit to your specifications for the Mk1 and Mk2. Just tell him how much lift you want and he cuts the blocks. Oh yeah, it's called a Montero in his stuff; US, you know.

This is his web page:
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml

Look through his pages, he's got lots of great information.

If you go over 2", you will encounter lots of mods necessary. Up to 2" and you should just have to raise the bumpers the same amount, the fan shroud, and possibly play with the front brake line. There's enough line there, but you may have to unwrap a coil or two. It's funny, some have had to bend the 4x4 shifter and some have been good. You'll know if it keeps popping out of 4x4 because of the shifter whacking the trim.
rossbremner

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate has just put a 2' lift on his paj and all you need is 2 springs for the back and you lift the front by the tortion bars. You dont need to do anything with the brake lines. But when you get over 2' your might have to extend the brake lines. Hope this helps Ross
Mitch

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

rossbremner wrote:
My mate has just put a 2' lift on his paj and all you need is 2 springs for the back and you lift the front by the tortion bars. You dont need to do anything with the brake lines. But when you get over 2' your might have to extend the brake lines. Hope this helps Ross

@Ross;

Wow, would you post some pictures of that two foot lift Shocked Laughing Laughing

From the title, I think he's interested in a body lift, not a suspension lift. And, you're right about the brake lines. I even recommend longer brake lines with the 2" suspension lift. They can get pretty taught when it is fully flexed.

@ jon boy;

Do you already have a suspension lift? If you are just going for larger tire clearance for off-road, I'd do that first. However, I do like the body lift for fitting rock sliders because you don't lose ground clearance under the rocker panels.
heckflosse

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try http://www.supertrux.com ; They do some Mitsubishi lifts for around £350.
jon boy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for replying

ive got a mk2 lwb, i've already put 1" taller springs on the rear and wound the bars on the front to max, but i wants a bit more, i'm running 32" muds for off road, and will be making some rock sliders for under the sills.

i have seen pj's wihich apear much taller than the average and thats the look i want as much as anything else

ta jon

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Jon - LA Supertrucks do 3" lift kits for Pajeros.

@ Mitch - wondered where I was going to get those from - thanks.
rossbremner

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill try and get some pics of my mates this weekend ross Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: