Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Radio removal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eskimoiow

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 21:52    Post subject: Radio removal. Reply with quote

Considering upgrading my challengers radio cassette, but not sure how to remove the existing one. It's got the Mitsubishi logo on it but I cannot see any obvious fixings. Is it one that you need some special tools to remmove it?

Cheers Pete.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 21:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Joby

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a job for a good dry day.

You need to remove the glovebox, remove the lower half of the drivers dash and the finally get your fingers under the trim around the centre face vents towards to passenger end at the edge, it will pop out with a good gentle tug. Take out the ash tray and take the screws out, the plastic surounding the stereo will now come out of the rest of the dash and you can see the brackets the the stereo fit to, take these 4 scres out and the stereo comes out. you will need to fit these brackets to your new stereo for t to work.

Halfords sell a wiring loom converter from the mitsu loom to the ISO loom that all new stereos use.

Goog luck. Feel free to email me for more info and I can even send you pics too.

Thanks
John
robbie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took mine (Sport) to Halfords (where I bought a new Sony replacement) and they installed the new one. Took about 25 mins and it was free of charge with the unit I bought. I think they usually charge around £35 for the fitting tho, check if they have offers on any particular units unless you know the one you want. Very Happy
eskimoiow

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 21:12    Post subject: Radio removal. Reply with quote

Thanks Jobie and Robbie

Looks like this week is going to be dry, so I will give it a go.

Thanks also for the gen. on the cable assy.

Cheers Pete
The Grimsheeper

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently went to Halfords to get the Dension iPod bracket fixed to my '05 SS Warrior & it kept blowing the fuses. Ended up getting a new stereo at an extra £80! Sad
pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Joby, seems a long way round mate! I've recently put new radio/cd players in both ours, the boss's was the original Jap unit and mine was an aftermarket but kept losing the FM band, but I didn't need to dissemble the dash on either,

On both our's there are two screws above the radio, undo them, pull off the trim surrounding it which is held in by lugs top and bottom and the radio(s) sit in a bracket held in by 4 screws. Undo those, slide the old unit out, swap the bracket and wiring harness over and back in you go. Oh, you do need to remove the plastic trim round the front of the radio before re-fitting the surrounding vehicle trim as the radio won't fit through the hole, but it just clips back into place afterwards  Wink

Only issue I had was they both kept losing their settings, but someone in the ICE section of the forum said to swap the constant and switched live feeds (a multimeter will sort out which is which) on the Halfords adaptor harness. Did that in about 10 minutes on mine, had to wire in a seperate constant live on the Paj, but both work perfectly now.
itsmeonmitsi

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2003 sports and the stereo came out after I removed the front faceplate and then used the standard metal clips. Out slid the unit no probs.

So can anyone let me know which converter wiring assembly halfords sell as they couldn't find a listing to suit..... It definetaly needs one as it's some bizarre plug. I'm tempted just to tap into the loom but it would be neater to get the halfords plugs.

Any takers?

Keith
vijay

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from Ebay Smile
itsmeonmitsi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popped into my local motorfactor who looked up the paper books and found that the Carisma cable might work but they didn't have it in stock. Next popped into Motorworld and they had the Autoleads cable that the previous shop recomended. Got it home, took out the old stereo and fitted a new Sony. Tapped into the 12V socket for a negative and hey presto, it works.

So if you looking for a cable, the Autoleads PC2-46-4 worked in my 03 Sports Elegance.

Cheers

Keith
seraulu1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:44    Post subject: ''Newbie'' Reply with quote

Thanks for that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: