2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Extra intercooler pipe for:?:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GARETH B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 23:14    Post subject: Extra intercooler pipe for:?: Reply with quote

2.8 4m40, whats the extra blanked off pipe for on the intercooler? You know, the one under the cover, just behind the radiator.

Not important, I just like to know why things are there and can I remove it if I wished without ill effect if an aftermarket cooler was to be fitted?

Thanks guys,

Gareth
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 23:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

knightstorm
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

more than likely the pressure feed to the EGR valve that is no longer there

top of pic

rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the large pipe that runs along the front of the intercooler, ending in a dead end? Comes off a big T-piece in the hose from the turbo?

That's a Blanch pipe. It's designed to soak up sudden changes in pressure in the air flow from the turbo to the engine, so if you suddenly come off the throttle then back on again the engine doesn't stumble due to a momentary drop in air flow.

You can remove it if you like, and you might not notice any difference, but suffice to say Mitsubishi went to the trouble of fitting it on most of their larger turbo diesel engines, so they probably had reason to think it needed it.
GARETH B

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rich, was exactly the answer I was looking for. I'll plumb it in if/when I fit a new intercooler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: