2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Terrain roof tent vs Armadillo4x4 roof tent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingfisher8
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 19:50    Post subject: Terrain roof tent vs Armadillo4x4 roof tent Reply with quote

Good evening all. i really want a roof tent but cant afford to go for the top brands so ive have been looking at cheaper alternatives, now ive narrowed it down to these two.  
http://www.armadillo4x4.co.uk/Roof-Tents.html

this one is 595 + delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roof-Tent-Terrain-Standard-sleeps-2-people-/280632265225?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item4156fc8a09

now ive read a few reviews on the terrain tent an it seems pretty good, but i went the the LRO show at the weekend an got to look at the armadillo one an thats seems good quality. has anyone had any experience with these? if so please help me make the decision as they both seem good althoug one is slightly cheaper.

Also a quick question, on the really expencive ones they have wooden floors  but these ones both have alloy floors with insulation. now i would have thought that the alloys ones would be better? correct me if im wrong Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 19:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

wonky 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

alreet marra,,the tent you were looking at at the lro show was bought by me on the last day of the show..he who hesitates gets nowt..so the say anyhows..we are delighted with the tent and spent the rest of the following week camping around england in it..i would certainly recomend it..i also looked at more expensive tents...a friend who was traveling with us had a howling moon which cost him two grand..he reconed i got a bargin..the lads at armadillo were very obliging and i will be dealing with them in the future as i want another tent for the kids..the other tent you looked at on ebay will probably be just as good..5 or 6 hundred quid seems a lot but the reality is its cheaper is best during this recession..if i wernt to skint id have bought a howling moon...my mate was flush when he bought his and sorry now he didnt shop around..
hope this has been helpful..wonky1
kingfisher8
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet your glad i didnt buy it then as you woldnt have seen it as i was there on the first day Smile and now after hearing your review of it i will be ringing them tomorrow to try an get one delivered soon, ive never heard any review on the terrain so better the devil you know than the one you dont. Glad you enjoyed the tent hope i have as much success. just out of interest how much did you get it for as they where wanting £599 when i enquired.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the two of you need a slap for not buying me a coffeee  on the help for Heroes 4x4 European rally stand !!!

Hope roof tent does well, why not make good use of it here

www.h4hrally.co.uk

Go on, you know it will be fun
wonky 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kingfisher8"]Bet your glad i didnt buy it then as you woldnt have seen it as i was there on the first day :) and now after hearing your review of it i will be ringing them tomorrow to try an get one delivered soon, ive never heard any review on the terrain so better the devil you know than the one you dont. Glad you enjoyed the tent hope i have as much success. just out of interest how much did you get it for as they where wanting £599 when i enquired.[/quote]

hi..i paid 595 for it as advertised..i was hoping for some cash discount but was happy to pay full price for the demo model as tents like these are a rarity in here in ireland and i had kind of set my sights on returning with one whatever the cost...the lads at armadillo held it for me till the end of show on the promise of 595.. the tent is mint..after the show we traveled to newcastle for a few days and spent  a windy thursday on a blackpool campsite..the flysheet was a bit flappy but the tent never moved..pissed rain all nite and we were dry and cosy..good mattress too..my howling moon mate showed me how to fold it with the quilts and sleeping bags inside,wich we did and here ..two wks later i just removed them..still smelling fresh and dry.
the  lads @ armadillo have since phoned me asking was i happy ect and had i any problems ect..great after sales service and like i said..i`d probably shop again.cant help you with the terrain tent as i have never seen on in the flesh but i`m guessing its probably ok..the armadillo has loads of handy pockets inside,2 doors and 2 windows all fly netted and double stitched..ajustable foof fittings suit front back or side mounting.
lol..lol..this must be driving you mental..lol.
i am sure also that whoever you purchase off at the end of the day..offers some kind of garuntee that will accept a return if you are not 100% happy with quality..ect with in a reasonable amount of time....good luck and lets know how you get on..J J..ireland
kingfisher8
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie wrote:
And the two of you need a slap for not buying me a coffeee  on the help for Heroes 4x4 European rally stand !!!

Hope roof tent does well, why not make good use of it here

www.h4hrally.co.uk

Go on, you know it will be fun

sorry in the late reply  Laughing  
i never even thougnt about offering a coffee sorry, i did come see you though as you had a very nice evo sitting there Smile
Armi

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 22:36    Post subject: Armadillo Reply with quote

Hi only just picked up this string regarding our tents, I'm Paul from Armadillo4x4 I'm not sure what your policy is on here regarding traders and I apologise if I've trod on the wrong side of the rules, I've been chatting through with a few of your members via our website and emails and at least one is due to buy one of our tents with the arrival of our next production batch, that said I'm not here to sell you a tent or sing the praises of their quality but to explain our ethos, I could blow smoke up you for hours as to why ours are better than any others on the market but I won't, not here anyway lol.

As for the ethos, well we've watched for years as this sort of kit has been sold at a premium as a luxury item to only the very wealthy chaps and we've been puzzled as to why, so we designed our own, having looked at the good and the bad we took all the lessons learnt and developed the Armadillo, at each stage through this process it was our aim to keep the quality and design as good as, or better than the premium brands but ensuring that the cost was within the range of all drivers seeking an adventure. We maintain that we've achieved exactly that.

We are showing our 2013 range at Harrogate show ground on the 18th - 19th May any body from the forum want to come along and make yourselves known I'll personally give you the guided tour, as I explained earlier we're not trying to sell you a tent at any cost or for that matter any of our kit but, if you like the ethos and agree that our tents are the best then we'd be more than happy for you to join our family as an owner of the best roof tents on the market.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: