2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Car being pushed along when brake applied at low revs 3.2did

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BennyB

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

BennyB wrote:
Assassin, quick question for you as i have a new auto trans filter sitting in the house and am just waiting on the 10 litres of Millermatic SPIII arriving before i do the full flush and change.

All the checking of hot levels and topping up, is this to be done with the engine running?

Cheers
Benny.

Bump
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

tedsalad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 22:42    Post subject: Box Reply with quote

I guess Assassin isnt seeing your question, anyway yes test hot.

Get the dip stick wet when you refil, anywhere on the cold section is fine, then warm her up by driving for 15 minutes and recheck. Do not drive it until you get the dip stick wet or you might cook the box.

When checking make sure you run though R N D for at least 30 seconds on each, then put in N and test.
BennyB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply. When all up to temp. do you carry out the check on the level and top up with the engine actually running or do turn off before checking? It's just i've read so many variations and am sure i read somewhere that the level must be checked with the motor running but i maybe wrong.

Cheers.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benny:

You run the vehicle for a few miles, stop and apply the footbrake and handbrake with the engine running, put it in R and leave for 30 seconds, then N for 30 seconds, then D for 30 seconds, go back to N and leave the engine running, lift the bonnet and check the levels. Ensure its between the two hot marks which are at the top of the dipstick (they have 3 marks) and if not add just a little at a time until its close to the upper of the two marks, put into P, switch off engine and job done.
tedsalad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:33    Post subject: Box Reply with quote

Benny,
Once you've dipped and decided to add I always turn off for safety reasons. I then go for a drive and then test again. I find it difficult to read the stick immediately after adding as some fuild hangs in the pipe and gives a false reading.
BennyB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for all the guidance, full filter change and flush being tackled this weekend. Got quite a few bits and pieces to do to make sure the trucks as spot on as possible. Big tow this summer from Aberdeen to just outside Paris and back with the caravan and it weighs in at just shy of 2000kg! Just waiting on the re-mortgage coming through to cover the fuel bill!! Very Happy  Very Happy
hmmyip

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I have exact same problem on my manual, but I have found that it must be something to do with the aircon even though its not switched on.  

If I have the heater set to screen heater, all the way to the right, I get the same behaviour, idles at 800, but if moving idles at 1100, so I just knock the dial back one notch and the car is fine.

I know it sounds daft, but hey it works!
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that on the old 2.8 when the aircon worked. If it was switched on the idle would increase by a couple of hundred and if in gear would cause car to run faster when in traffic needing a foot on the brake.
jimmybond

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ur tps sensor has 2 idle switches, sounds like there not working so car thinks your rolling with foot just on.
I have had otger probs with these and once plugged in I can see tps voltage to hi and switch stuck on.
I undo the 2 small 8mm bokts on top of pedal, swing it until low enough and switches switch.
Just try and turn it make idle very low then drive.
Its easy for me to say as I use a carman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: