Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pulling someone out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Tips and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pashley-Phil

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:36    Post subject: Pulling someone out Reply with quote

Hi guys
Just a little question about pulling other vehicle from being stuck. What's the safest way to do it using straps?
Also what gear to be in and should I use rear diff lock?
Last time my mate got stuck I was worried I was going to kill the diffs as I had it in rear diff lock and giving it some revs
Here's a video to show what I was doing. Is it correct?
Sorry photo bucket killed the video quality

[IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/philaxgt/2BA46106-9697-49D2-9859-98C6D64DE860-1405-000000A7C8CAC76B.mp4[/IMG]
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

m_attt

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

After using one this weekend, the only way is a Kinetic Rope, They are designed for this and safest.

its like a long springy tow rope.

The stuck car spins its wheels up, then the pull car accelerates flat out, from next to the stuck car, as the rope stretchs it yanks the car out, but its sooo smooth.
m_attt

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

[youtube]http://youtu.be/T9OKBpczUd0[/youtube]
jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how stuck the truck you are pulling out is. Firstly you should try creeping away until the strap is taught,then slowly start applying power,if you just end up spinning you'll be needing a little run at it.

Roll back a bit and give it a bit of gas,but don't go too far back,maybe 1M or so from when the strap gets taught. go back a little further each time so long as you aren't yanking them out at a mad pace.

Kinetic rope is great though!
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenetic are great BUT are very dangerous,need to be kept tip top as just the rope itself(no shackle or anything attached) has enough energy to put rear window through or dent metal Shocked was on an ozzy vid and was shocking the rope itself can do,never mind if anything attached.If go that route get best you can afford,not cheap bay carp,also after so many uses replace and make sure regular inspected.Used right awesome from what i have seen Very Happy
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good vids on proper techniques on tube.................not like this

Link

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes amazing though peeps still use tow balls or alike.Recovery point is as strong as weakest link,can have 8t shackle and a 12t kenetic but make sure recovery points on truck are bob on,as these could give 1st.

Personal point of view Wink

Plenty more disasters 90% of time by using incorrect,read up,watch vids,educate and happy days(unless your the one stuck) Laughing
Pashley-Phil

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. I will certainly be looking into anew rope and ahi lift jack.
I managed to get stuck twice today and the guys pulling me out give me some advice. But like you say ill just keep researching
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Tips and Techniques All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: