2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Biodiesel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickladds
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice try - but they have bigger and better lawyers than you can afford! Trying to get one over on our friends in HMC&E is a a complete no-hoper - even if a judge gives a verdict against them, they just ignore it and carry on. Police State? No - a HMC&E State!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 15:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Klunkers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you had been stranded by fuel protestors and you were an essential worker and had to make it back and the only shops open were Band Q and Tesco?
samber

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a useful site on the newbie section last week
fitted kits for about £450 with various size tanks, inc heaters. They also sell the fuel in large storage tanks, treated so it don't go rancid
They give you a receipt to say they have charged you VAT, and will pay it on your behalf, tell you what though - bet those tanks last a long time if you know what i mean!!
Klunkers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading that.
I wouldnt want to evade tax, after all.......I dont think the government take enough off me each month.
Tescos here we come
Suvvey

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:48    Post subject: Bio scam Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread but....

I manage a few service stations and we were looking at selling bio at the pumps. Some small country independants are already doing this in norfolk but noticed Tesco's has now started selling it under the name 'global diesel' and they are selling it at a penny over the standard city (low sulphur) derv.

At the moment we buy city derv for around 67-69p +vat a litre but the bio is only 37p!!! We can legaly water down the city to a 95/5% mix with the bio without having to tell you the customer. When your dealing in millions of litres a year that adds up!

So why are some mixing to greater ratio (up to 40/60%) and charging you more? Obviously trying to make money from the enviroment angle.

So next time you see it on the forecourt ask what mix it is, they have to tell you if its going in your motor (although numpty at till will prob just shrug) and if it isn't cheaper ask WHY.

Bio is a cheap, enviromentally better (but still no great), and perfectly good substitute (as long as still mixed with regular derv) fuel and should be more readilly available. But why is it not?

With our guzzlers every little helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: