eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Cracking first trip ( another one ahead, same place )

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waynesworld
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:35    Post subject: Cracking first trip ( another one ahead, same place ) Reply with quote

Got back yesterday form the bank holiday trip to Aberdaon in North Wales, also the first trip towing with the Shoggy, very impressed, i have always towed with noraml cars pug`s, etc, but this was so much better and did it with ease, which i was expecting realy. Didnt do bad on fuel either, 20-21mpg, 470 mile to 100l of 50/50 WVO/diesel, was going nice and steady. We did all the checks and loaded as you should, level the c`van and away we went, it was windy a little but not a snake all the way.
We are off again in four weeks to York, cant wait Very Happy
I have a few picks as we had a walk up Anelog mountain, and i did a spot of fishing of Gimblet rock, my god it had a cold wind of that ppoint, near got the Shoggy stuck Laughing  Rolling Eyes  , got some pics but later as off to work now Sad

Last edited by waynesworld on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:25; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

waynesworld
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pics

Never to go again, got a bit risky on the cobbles Laughing  , but kept the wind of us

I wimped out after i got us chippy in

During a walk up mount Anelog, some cracking views

Our site in Anelog

And a few nice fishing spots, if only i could get down there

Next time we are going to find a few decent rock marks to catch T Very Happy
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics,bet it was a bit windy Shocked

Did you get to whistling sands,and on aberdaron beach at all.
Si7

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, looks like you had some sunshine too  Cool
weedomjolly
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great  Smile  i quite fancy a trip down to Wales and the lake district this year in the caravan.
waynesworld
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had blue skys all weekend except the day we came home it was cloudy in the morning, so no complaints, wasnt all that windy Mark, but a bit of a chill in the breeze, all the things we planned to do we didnt realy get to do, i found a lane near Llaenhearn but i forgot where it was, long story Rolling Eyes , Aderdaron beach was a no go as the tide was in when we was around as we went to Caernarfon and Pwllehlli shopping, god knows why to Caenerfon Laughing The weekend went so quick , but had a good chill out which is what it was all about Wink .
waynesworld
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

weedomjolly wrote:
looks great  Smile  i quite fancy a trip down to Wales and the lake district this year in the caravan.

I have only ever been to this part of Wales, cant beat it when you have the weather, South Wales is good i believe, some day i will give a try, aswell as Scotland and the Lakes. Just North Wales is so much closer and great countryside. If you fish its also a great area for all kinds Wink < hoping for my first Ray this year Very Happy
weedomjolly
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best with that Ray! don't forget the camera!!! as V8 Ric say's "It's not true without pictures"  Laughing
dbamsey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking pics, it looks like the site I've been to twice now. Hopefully my family and I will continue to visit in the summer.
As for fishing when you walk over the back of the farm to the the coastal path and head away from Anelog there is 2 areas of rock, 1 greyish in colour and the other are black. They are both accessible with care but I've yet to catch anything and its very snaggy due to lots of kelp. Last summer there were a couple of guys who caught 78 mackerel 1 morning off rocks the other side of Aberdaron, I went the next day and caught 1!!! gutted. We also went to Porth Iago and managed to catch a fat mackerel for the beach BBQ. Such a beautiful part of Wales.

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will have to look out for you when we get chance to nip up to the van.
We are at Gwythrian Farm,

Small world........ Wink
waynesworld
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbamsey wrote:
Cracking pics, it looks like the site I've been to twice now. Hopefully my family and I will continue to visit in the summer.
As for fishing when you walk over the back of the farm to the the coastal path and head away from Anelog there is 2 areas of rock, 1 greyish in colour and the other are black. They are both accessible with care but I've yet to catch anything and its very snaggy due to lots of kelp. Last summer there were a couple of guys who caught 78 mackerel 1 morning off rocks the other side of Aberdaron, I went the next day and caught 1!!! gutted. We also went to Porth Iago and managed to catch a fat mackerel for the beach BBQ. Such a beautiful part of Wales.

Yep, same site mate, Aberdaron farm holidays site, my mate has his c`van stored there in the barn, you cant miss it, the one with a front locker door missing lol.
I have fished the rocks twice over the hill you mention, we also blanked, and what a dam walk with all my gear, even worse when you blank, we fished the first rock outcrop to the right when you get over the hill. The last time last year i went to Pwllheli bech Gimblet rock end and got into the mackerel, stopped after 24 as it was enough for BBQ`s and a bit of winter pike bait.
Also caught a wopper of a Dab

Would you believe i caught it on a 2/0 aberdeen  Shocked, good to christen my new 7HT though, put up one hell of a fight Laughing

Hope to go back down this summer for a weekend session, need better weather to warm the water up, i love float fishing for Pollack and wrasse, not that i have ever caught a wrasse yet.

Hey Mark i know the site your on now, pass it all the time when going to Aberdaron Wink

Mite bump into one another Wink
waynesworld
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had planned to go to York for the next trip in 2 weeks but as we are now taking the grandson along i thought it would be best to go back to Anelog, nothing to do with the fishing now....honest Laughing  Wink
I have planned a good sesh on Whistling sands beach, BBQ and fishing if weather permits, rock fishing will be done from the site we are on, there is 6 of us + 4 kids, but by the end of the day there could be 10 kids  Laughing  

Got all the WVO i need, just bait and beer needed now, and fingers crossed for good weather.

bring on summer time Very Happy  Very Happy
innerstate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:37    Post subject: Re: Cracking first trip ( another one ahead, same place ) Reply with quote

waynesworld wrote:
Got back yesterday form the bank holiday trip to Aberdaon in North Wales, also the first trip towing with the Shoggy, very impressed, i have always towed with noraml cars pug`s, etc, but this was so much better and did it with ease, which i was expecting realy. Didnt do bad on fuel either, 20-21mpg, 470 mile to 100l of 50/50 WVO/diesel, was going nice and steady. We did all the checks and loaded as you should, level the c`van and away we went, it was windy a little but not a snake all the way.
I have a few picks as we had a walk up Anelog mountain, and i did a spot of fishing of Gimblet rock, my god it had a cold wind of that ppoint, near got the Shoggy stuck Laughing  Rolling Eyes  , got some pics but later as off to work now Sad

I've got my first trip coming up with my Pajero, I normally tow with a Merc Sprinter so it will hopefully be a nice experience. The caravan weighs in at nearly 2 tonnes so it will be a real test, the Pajero a 2.8 Auto, running 50% veg oil at the moment and has LPG fitted for towing to boost the torque and economy. The guy I bought it from (a friend) had raved about it for years as being the best tow car he's ever had and he's had X-Trails, land rovers etc.

J
Si7

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic pics  Cool
waynesworld
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 18:17    Post subject: Re: Cracking first trip ( another one ahead, same place ) Reply with quote

Johnb80 wrote:
waynesworld wrote:

I've got my first trip coming up with my Pajero, I normally tow with a Merc Sprinter so it will hopefully be a nice experience. The caravan weighs in at nearly 2 tonnes so it will be a real test, the Pajero a 2.8 Auto, running 50% veg oil at the moment and has LPG fitted for towing to boost the torque and economy. The guy I bought it from (a friend) had raved about it for years as being the best tow car he's ever had and he's had X-Trails, land rovers etc.

J

How does the LPG and 50/50 mix work mate, sounds interesting.

I am now running 95% WVO, 5% petrol acetone and vegiboost, goes like a diesle now again, not sure if the vegiboost has done much, but the acetone help get a bit more power back.

I can tell you i wont be swapping this shoggy for another 4x4 for towing, i have used a few different cars and can say this is the best yet Wink

We are going back in a few weeks to Anelog, not york now as we taking the grandson and i am going to get a bit more fishing done Very Happy

Si7, thanks mate, i mite be getting a camera this time but if my phone can do this theres no point hey

wolly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: