Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mk 3 Shogun winch bumper

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icknield
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:21    Post subject: Mk 3 Shogun winch bumper Reply with quote

Does anyone have any leads to winch bumpers or a winch tray for a 2003 Shogun 3.2?

So far as I can see, options are the Taubenreuther Hidden Winch Mount from TBR, which only takes the Warn M6000 (and costs almost £900!) or ARB Sahara bumpers at between £1k and £1.5k plus a long wait for shipping from Oz and the problem that the bumper has to be removed to service the winch.

I've tried Leyland Fabrication but no answer to contact page on their website or email (they're not taking phone calls apparently).

I realise everything is easier with a Mk 2 but are there really no other options for the more recent models?

Any help much appreciated.

Tony
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

paj-mad-man

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's ther number 01257277027  try giving them a ring lol
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only issue i foresee is they would need a mk3 to use for measurements etc etc

No joy in couple of days pm me and will text him Wink
Icknield
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

paj-mad-man wrote:
Here's ther number 01257277027  try giving them a ring lol

I had seen their number from previous threads but as they asked for no calls on the website....used their Contact form! Thanks anyway!

venn105 wrote:
Only issue i foresee is they would need a mk3 to use for measurements etc etc

No joy in couple of days pm me and will text him

Got an email from Chris earlier to-day and it looks as though a Mk 3  winch mount will be available next week or soon after. Winch bumper is more difficult but hopefully will chat about this further.

Thanks for the offer to text him though...appreciate it!

Tony
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,yes he is dealing with it as text him yesterday Wink so sorted then Very Happy
pajero2800tdi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya guys.

Fancy one myself, got a 2006 lwb 3.2. Winch would be handy for me incase I get stuck in the fields Smile
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

pajero2800tdi wrote:
Hiya guys.

Fancy one myself, got a 2006 lwb 3.2. Winch would be handy for me incase I get stuck in the fields Smile

Dont forget a ground anchor too then Laughing  Wink

Give chris a bell or leave a message,sure once this one sorted and got template it wont take long Wink
Icknield
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:
sure once this one sorted and got template it wont take long Wink

Called in to see Chris to-day and he was about to remove the front bumper from a Mk3 ready to sort out fixings for a winch tray.

Also, having initially been unsure whether he would be able to come up with a full bumper, he now thinks that's a goer as well!

Don't want to put words in his mouth but give it another week or so and I think he'll have costed solutions to offer.    Razz

Tony
Rob.ie

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he hoping to have the winch tray mounted behind the standard bumper or will it have to be hacked up to fit  Question
Icknield
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob.ie wrote:
Is he hoping to have the winch tray mounted behind the standard bumper or will it have to be hacked up to fit  Question

My understanding is the horizontal slats behind the number plate will need to be removed/modified to allow the tray to be fitted. This is one of the reasons I'm considering a full bumper as it would allow returning the vehicle to "stock" if necessary.

Hopefully, pictures will be available fairly soon to show what's necessary.

Tony
Rob.ie

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing what they come up with so  Smile
artoispfc

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 20:14    Post subject: Mk3 shogun bumper Reply with quote

Hi guys an gals....firstly I'd like to say hi to everyone, an say looks like you've got a great club. As you can probably tell I'm new too the site, not too 4x4's...previously had land rovers up till now  Rolling Eyes some may say I've seen the light, an some not but, I'm happy so far with my decision. I've got myself a 53 plate 3.2 DID shogun elegance. An what a beautiful car, having a few issues here an there but nothing to drastic. Little problem with not starting in park, but fine in neutral, an also not always locking in to gear fully, I.e green light doesn't appear an no drive, wiggle a bit an light comes on an off I go. So if anyone has any ideas I'd be very appreciative Smile I've seen this thread surrounding winch bumpers, an the mention of a Chris coming up with the answer, just wondering if it has been completed an anyone got any images of it completed/on the vehicle. I'm very interested in one Smile or do I just need to phone the number listed? I don't want to ask too many questions on me first post an I'm sure the subjects been gone over a lot of times, but wheels an tyres....I'm just looking to get a new set, an thinking steels rather than original alloys. It's more the size I'm keen to get advice on, should I stick to 16" or go 17" only I've heard different opinions....an then for tyres, I've got 265/70/16 currently, just wondering if people think stick or move to 275/75/16????? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, an I apologise in advance if these questions have already been asked an answered.

Thanks a lot

Ads
gegs750k4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.leylandfabdesign.co.uk/

There ya go m8, numbers for them and the winch tray looks good, i saw it the other week on a truck when i was there chatting Wink
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=147820

Link to trays,sure be ready now Laughing
Rob.ie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 22:02    Post subject: Re: Mk3 shogun bumper Reply with quote

artoispfc wrote:
I don't want to ask too many questions on me first post an I'm sure the subjects been gone over a lot of times, but wheels an tyres....I'm just looking to get a new set, an thinking steels rather than original alloys. It's more the size I'm keen to get advice on, should I stick to 16" or go 17" only I've heard different opinions....an then for tyres, I've got 265/70/16 currently, just wondering if people think stick or move to 275/75/16????? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, an I apologise in advance if these questions have already been asked an answered.

One of the problems you face with a move to a larger size is that the torque-converter in the auto gearbox will probably lock up less frequently leading to higher fuel consumption and gearbox temperatures. They can be sensitive to changes like that more than the manual versions.

I have a set of 305-70-16's to put on ours over the coming weeks (33" diameter) and I expect it to be thirstier and lock-up less easily on all surfaces & speeds. I expect ours will be mainly for off-road with only the odd day here and there on the road, so I'm not overly worried in our case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: