Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

loud tick over on startup after egr blanked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitsy_007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 13:13    Post subject: loud tick over on startup after egr blanked Reply with quote

Hi guys im new to the forum and bought my 2004 mitsy shogun warrior 3.2 did 3 months ago..i had the egr blanked off and also changed the top chain guide at the same time as a precaution. The car now runs very well but one thing ive noticed is at startup when cold it ticks over quite loud and car takes a long time to reach its normal operating temp. Are these things normal?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 13:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

richs2891

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've one a similar age and I find it takes a long time to warm up as well, probably around 5 or ten mins of driving to get off the C mark. I pout mine down to not using that much
I have found the temp guage jump up quick after turn it off and on again after that.

Where did you get the erg and top chain guide done ? as I'm Lancashire based as well.

Richard
mitsy_007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Richard so it seems normal then..I would definitely recommend a egr blank and timing chain guide replacement as mine snapped in half when he took it out. Chris milligan from mobi mech in burnley did the jobs for me and only cost me £50 in total. Parts were £10 each. Shogun drives superb now with more power and better mpg.
richs2891

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for that - Burnley is only 20 mins from me - will give them a ring in the am

Richard
mitsy_007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that bothers me is the suspension of the shogun, mine is the warrior model with 17inch wheels I feel the ride is very harsh and very rattly. I can feel every pothole and bump. Suspension has been checked all around cant find anything suspicious. How is your ride?
elv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitsy_007 wrote:
Another thing that bothers me is the suspension of the shogun, mine is the warrior model with 17inch wheels I feel the ride is very harsh and very rattly. I can feel every pothole and bump. Suspension has been checked all around cant find anything suspicious. How is your ride?

I have a LWB 2004 Elegance model and mine is exactly the same. No issues on smooth tarmac but once the road gets a bit bumpy you can really feel every bump. I had mine checked over and they found a cracked front spring so had it changed but ......still no different Sad
Mine also had milners heavy duty springs on the back when I bought it so I changed them for regular springs and it did make a bit of a difference but still feels pretty harsh compared to my 2.8 shorty Paj.
richs2891

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines the Elegance model, I think the never seems to settle is the best description in regards to the ride. I dont feel its that bad and does not bother me. But its certainly no Range Rover ride.
Ok mine has 265 75 16 tyres on so a bit more tyre wall flex and a bit more ground clearance when I'm out playing in it.
Are the blue coil springs inside the normal springs (at the rear) the heavy duty ones, or is that normal.

Richard
mitsy_007

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really noticed the springs will have a look tomorrow if weather gets any better.
elv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue springs are the milners ones (i dont know any other company that does blue springs), those where the ones that where on mine.
Milners website says their springs are 20%  stiffer than the regular springs. When the garage swapped mine over he said the blue springs were significantly stiffer than the mitsi ones and far too 'heavy duty'.
It did make a noticable difference to the ride when I swapped them over but not by a massive amount and its still pretty crashy.
Im going to look at alternative springs and shocks in the new year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: