Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Facebook group promotion - let's see how this goes!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a useful addition?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 21 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 23 ]
Don't know / care
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 53

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:25    Post subject: Facebook group promotion - let's see how this goes! Reply with quote

OK - the idea here is that I'm opening this up to help genuine individuals (STRICTLY NO TRADE) to promote their own PERSONAL Facebook Groups, (you can include your personal favourites!)

Five simple rules :

1. NO TRADE LINKS
2. NO SPAM
3. FAMILY FRIENDLY!
4. KEEP IT SIMPLE
5. NOTHING that 'competes' with any of the Yellow Diamond Clubs

That's it!

Simon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:31    Post subject: New Forest Sales Reply with quote

OK ... so I'll kick this off ...

I set up New Forest Sales as a free-ads service for people living in the Dorset / Hampshire / Wiltshire areas in and around the New Forest.

The New Forest Sales FaceBook group is a non-profit, free to join, free to use group and is intended simply as a service to help people living in the New Forest areas.

Obviously, it's intended to be local - there's no point listing stuff if you're outside the stated areas!

New Forest Sales : http://www.facebook.com/groups/NewForestSales

Simon thumbright
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook is wrecking more and more forums every day, don't see the point. Just add a page on here somewhere and keep it in house Wink
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

gegs750k4 wrote:
Facebook is wrecking more and more forums every day, don't see the point. Just add a page on here somewhere and keep it in house Wink

I hear where you're coming from - and I'm the last person in the world that wants to see a decline in forums!

But you have to keep up with the times AND this isn't intended to be an alternative to the POCUK (or any of the other YD Clubs!) ... it's a service that's NOT already offered here that, if I added even more sections, would even further bloat an already VERY busy forum Wink

I have to look at what the POCUK offers and, if there's something new out there that doesn't really fit in the POCUK community 'profile', then I'm happy to link out to it Cool

Simon thumbleft thumbright

ps - if this isn't working, or it's abused - then I'll  just drop the whole thread.
D4B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Facebook?
m_attt

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

gegs750k4 wrote:

agreed, you see it more and more. I hate Facebook never had it never will. Its killing forums and like this one the buy and sell has been moved to Facebook which is a shame. the advert listing on there is rubbish so easy to lose/miss stuff.
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_attt wrote:
... I hate Facebook never had it never will. Its killing forums and like this one the buy and sell has been moved to Facebook which is a shame. the advert listing on there is rubbish so easy to lose/miss stuff.

Which is why I set up the Classified Ads Service <-- Click to link

But everybody complains about that too! (Even though it's FREE to advertise for the first seven days!!!!)

Simon hmmm
Dmcmylor

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, don't do faceache, if I want to talk to someone I pick up the phone  Very Happy
mel w

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

never done face book
never will
if its not broke don't fix it.

cheers mel
weedomjolly
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont do Facebook, but loads of people do and yes you do need to keep up with the times.
leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_attt wrote:
gegs750k4 wrote:

agreed, you see it more and more. I hate Facebook never had it never will. Its killing forums and like this one the buy and sell has been moved to Facebook which is a shame. the advert listing on there is rubbish so easy to lose/miss stuff.

Richie and I have been saying the same for quite a while now.
I do use FB for loads of things tho and I don't seem to use this place half as much as I used to, but I'm still around..!
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not all that relevent for us foreigners, so go ahead if you think it's a good idea. However, I do find it a bit sad that the forum is a much slower place these days cause so many of the regulars are almost exclusively on facebook. Perhaps having something like that but here on the forum may bring people back ? I get the feeling that quite a few 'members' on the facebook site don't even know this place is there... which it isn't in the true sense of the word  Laughing

The click to add classifieds never seemed to work all that well, but I suppose it's a moderator's nightmare if it was just simply open to all members to advertise directly in the section ? It would then be a bit like the pajero mart on facebook .... Wink
Yes, I do 'do' facebook, but I far prefer the forum because it's much more ordered and things are arranged by topic. On facebook, if you don't go there for a day it's far more difficult to catch up, so mostly I don't bother. Miss the banter on the main site though.

Do I trust facebook ? No.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
m_attt wrote:
... I hate Facebook never had it never will. Its killing forums and like this one the buy and sell has been moved to Facebook which is a shame. the advert listing on there is rubbish so easy to lose/miss stuff.

Which is why I set up the Classified Ads Service <-- Click to link

But everybody complains about that too! (Even though it's FREE to advertise for the first seven days!!!!)

Simon hmmm

I thought the click2add was put on here before the facebook site started ?   Confused
johntwarden
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use facebook never will but then I am just a boring old  f***t , keep using the forums that's what I say .
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i can gather from face book,it is a place used for peeps who like to delve into other peoples private life,its the new garden fence,causes more trouble than its worth and full of useless posts that wouldn't usually be used in general conversation,ie.just made some toast and of to the toilet, Laughing its aimed at a younger generation that have forgotten the art of conversation and text each other when they are sitting a couple of foot from each other,it as definitely slowed this place up and a few good long standing members have gone awol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: