2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Facebook group promotion - let's see how this goes!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a useful addition?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 21 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 23 ]
Don't know / care
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 53

trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed POCUK, but sense a fall off in participants of late. Perhaps due to the recent unpleasant and crude exchanges. ?

My wife and I have no interest in facebook, and cover all our international chats on Skype.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Disky

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook has its place, so does forums, both should not be confused as they are completely different.

If i read this right, the OP has "suggested" that people may advertise their businesses if they can help other members, and hopefully give a discount.

Am i right in saying that this would be FREE ?

If they can give a discount to members of POCUK, then perhaps that would be a good thing as its a win - win situation ?

Personally, i think they may help some, but the majority wont benefit as it does not include "TRADE"

I'm an advanced driving instructor, and i also offer B+E Towing instruction for people to pass the towing test, i wouldn't think that there would be much of a requirement on here as most will have passed their test before '97.

Would i use a free listing ,,, well, if it would help someone one here, then yes i would.. would i pay for a listing, no, because i wouldnt pay for a listing where i offered a discount on my services, that would be a win-lose, with me being the financial loser. lol (again)

Do i think its a good idea to support POCUK, YES DEFINATELY, i do my monthly contribution.
Johnny Alpha
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB IMHO is just DIY surveilance and a sociopath's playground.  Plenty of genuine specific interest community sites for those who have a specific interest and want to be part of a community etc...   I tend not to go there anymore.

Towing test????  Blimey, once upon a time I used to potter around in an airport tug...  one day it had a couple of ŁOh-My-God  Bentleys on aircraft pallets on the trailers, another a few ex-US Military Humvees, being exported.  I never even had to show my driving license...  I'm pretty sure the only 'test' cert I ever produced was my forks counterbalance ticket...   How things change...  By the time my kids are old enough to drive they'll need an 'operate-the-drivers-door-handle' license before they even sit the  'turn-the-ignition-key' exam...  and they still won't be able to 'drive' drive, only tick the examiners boxes - just like most folk these days.
jonny ramrod

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use facebook and use forums. For general chat and keeping in touch f/b is ok but there are some idiots on there. I have really slowed down on using it though i i find a lot of mates are going the same way.
jonny ramrod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

since using the forum a lot more i have realised that i hardly use the pocuk group on FB. Much better here, way to many idiots on there.  Rolling Eyes
Davelincs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not realise there was a pocuk group on face book, I've just had a look and i have asked to join the group.
jonny ramrod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not missing much to be honest, except lots of the same questions. Much better here
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Facebook for smart phone fiddlers and girlies to chat on constantly about sweet FA? Never use any type of social media BS apart from specific 4x4 foums, IMO FB, *beep*, etc, etc are for the girlies, limpos and the like. You'll be asking us to watch Coronation Street or the suchlike next  Wink In most peoples eyes I would be classed as a boring old f@rt, rather that than submit to smart phone fiddling  Rolling Eyes  Laughing
White Elephant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

D4B wrote:
What's Facebook?

Facebook is EVIL, and should not be encouraged
h4rri

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonny ramrod wrote:
You're not missing much to be honest, except lots of the same questions. Much better here

+1

And don't even bother trying to sell anything, you will be plagued with idiots looking to halve the asking price and be insulted when you tell them to GTFO.
The procrastinator

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

h4rri wrote:
jonny ramrod wrote:

+1

And don't even bother trying to sell anything, you will be plagued with idiots looking to halve the asking price and be insulted when you tell them to GTFO.

Is that guy still trying to swap his nasty old rover for a paj? Laughing
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

As Daisy says, it doesn't really affect us expats but I thought I would state my four pennyworth.

Whilst I applaud your efforts and interest in moving on with progress IMHO I believe any transition to FB however small or insignificant is a retrograde step for the forum. Whilst many on here may or may not use social media to chat generally it is not in the interests of many of the old retainers and they will no doubt either stick to forumland or drift away. Many, including myself, have absolutely no interest in 'opening' another account giving out personal details being that the track record of FB security is so demonstrably abysmal in the past. In addition, many do not have or want to adopt the FB mindset be it age or demeanor to join in on FB or social media. IMHO if people want spare parts, even us 'foreigners', we will be unlikely to join FB to search for them and probably stick solely to Ebay. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: