Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

New guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traviscat

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 0:11    Post subject: New guy Reply with quote

Hi all

So I have upgraded my 1989 fourtrak ( she was good but needed a lot done) for a 1993 lwb 2.8 intercooler. Something a bit nicer to drive in the winter as my second car. I’ve had her 5 days and I love her. I think I’ve got a good find.

Anyway, she’s got a lot more going on that the fourtrak and in still new to the 4x4 world. I have a few questions I was hopeful some kind souls would help me with. So here goes.

There are two buttons in the lower central counsel. One says Rd which I think is the rear differential? And the othe is AT which I don’t know what it’s for. I’ve read up on the RD button and it suggests that a light should come on when Engadget but it’s not so there might be a problem there, Not sure. If anyone can give me so the thoughts on these two buttons I’d be very grateful.

Lastly I noticed that there are two others options on my automatic gear handle behind drive? Anyone know what these are for?

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 0:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second and first gears, D is for straight 3rd or overdrive 4th if the o/d button on the shifter is pressed (o/d only works once the engine is warmed through).
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

A/T switch info HERE

RD = Rear Differential Lock - explained in THIS POST

For most on-road driving leave the A/T switch in the centre position and the Rear Diff Lock switched off  - only use the rear diff lock on loose surfaces.
Traviscat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:49    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Gents this is extremely helpful thanks kindly. Do you know what alloys fit mk2 Pajero? As in have you ever seen Pajero sport fitted to the larger lwb mk2 Model. Do maybe alloys that sit on things like a frontera or other truck of similar nature. I’ve got 15s but think I would like 17s maybe with some good off road tyres.

Do ether of you off road with your respective trucks?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:34    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Traviscat wrote:

Mine never goes off road.
JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:20    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
Traviscat wrote:

Mine never goes off road.

Get my baby covered in filth? I have a scruffy but utterly solid, 298000KM Japanese import LR Discovery for this! Laughing  Seriously though; I have used my Pajero Mini for a bit of off road entertainment but for every hour of driving, I've then probably taken a further three hours steam cleaning the underside, followed by the same time again topping up on the anti-rust treatment that I've applied to the car. Mud in the fields isn't so bad, indeed it can work in the car's favour as long as the mud doesn't then get wet on a salty road, in which case I'm out with the steam cleaner again.
BUT.. The enjoyment in doing a spot of gentle green lane driving is immense and the people you'd meet when doing this are all completely, utterly crackers and for their company alone, it's worth going for a spot of off road driving, even if much of my satisfaction comes from seeing the looks on their faces when they realise that their larger, more valuable trucks aren't always as good at it as the tiny (same overall dimensions - greater height excepted - as an actual mini of the sort made between 1959 and 2001) "WTH is THAT?" car that I've turned up in.

Evidence of its abilities are seen in several youtube vids, sometimes, smaller is better: https://youtu.be/obia6uLRG10    Cool
Traviscat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 18:32    Post subject: Ah I see Reply with quote

Respect to both. I have to admit I’m tempted to keep her good and not bother going off road. I’ve got one that’s in not bad connection and I love her..maybe to much. Going to under seal her.

You got any ideas on alloys? Will allow from others trucks fit?

What size alloy you have on yours?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37    Post subject: Re: Ah I see Reply with quote

Traviscat wrote:
Going to under seal her.

I do mine every two years.
jods101010

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and I oil my gen2 shog every year - letting oil of course drip before going back on road - all it needs is a thin film plus some in chassis sections - you should see where my other half drives it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: