QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

EGR blanking advice on 2006 3.2 LWB Shogun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotcruz

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 16:01    Post subject: EGR blanking advice on 2006 3.2 LWB Shogun Reply with quote

Hi folks,

The blanking kits arrived through the post today. Got the 6mm one from flebay and whilst the seller claimed it will include color instructions, it doesn't for the 4M41 engine. The so called color instructions are worse than a cheap newspaper.

Anyhow, Im going to have a wee go at it and had few questions.

In practice (or I should preference) what would be the best thing to do, simply blank or blank and remove all the hardware?
    So I disconnect the electric plug or leave it connected
    What sort of paste, sealant should I use for the plates
    When cleaning the inlet/manifold, how do I ensure (or what should I take care of) that the soot doesn't fall inside?

Please advise guys, appreciate your help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 16:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Rob.ie

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did ours about an hour ago. Left everything where it was an used the blank where the gasses exit the egr cooler on the left (when looking from the front).

I've also left the actuator unplugged but haven't driven it yet so don't know if its likely to throw any faults.

You're talking about a half an hours work at most  Smile
scotcruz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob.ie wrote:
Did ours about an hour ago. Left everything where it was an used the blank where the gasses exit the egr cooler on the left (when looking from the front).

I've also left the actuator unplugged but haven't driven it yet so don't know if its likely to throw any faults.

You're talking about a half an hours work at most  Smile

Thanks mate.. let us know how it drives..

what type of sealant did you use on the blanking plates?

any chance you could photos of both plates on and actuator unplugged..

I gonna do mine tomorrow and photos will be a great help (still need to buy the sealant)

Regards
Rob.ie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only did about 4 miles this evening (engine barely got up to temperature) but didn't get any error codes thrown which is promising. Going to be doing a couple of hundred miles tomorrow so that will be the proper test. Have left the tool-kit in the back just in case I need it.  Laughing

I didn't use any sealant as its not strictly necessary. Just cleaned and re-used the existing gaskets and checked for leaks. Will check again in a few days to make sure there's no sooty deposit. If there is, then I'll get the sealant, but hopefully it's sealed enough.

I didn't take any pics of my install as hands were too manky to be using the phone, but below is the image supplied to me by the guy who sold me the kit. I fitted one of the blanks where the star is in the photo. Unless you really want to block the feed to the egr cooler then you actually only need the 1 blank out of the kit and its job done. I was too lazy to be bothered trying to fight for access at the nut under the joint highlighted by the arrow.  Laughing

The actual valve will be obvious to you when you take off the engine cover. Big black lump on the top right of the engine. I literally just unplugged it and left it be. One extra thing I did do that wasn't mentioned in the guide, and is quite possibly overkill, was to spin the gasket around on the inlet side so that i covers over the hole that the egr used to feed through. Again its something I'll be keeping an eye on over the next few days to make sure there's no deposit over there either. It wasn't needed, but I figured it couldn't do any harm.
scotcruz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top man mate.. thats very useful.. y're a star and the photo y've uploaded is 100 times better than the instruction I received from the seller who is abs hopeless..

seller is myldanautodesignltd and the plates are good but instructions are as good as the blind leading the blind

I picked up V Tech Red Gasket Sealant from ECP earlier so will have a bash at it tomorrow..

will get wifey to take the photos so I can share it with the folk here.

thanks again for the heads up mate
Rob.ie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a night & day comparison to my experience. Went with a user called rabbitz2k - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271265491629?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Item arrived this morning. Had instructions for the 2.8 so I emailed him, and had a reply with the 3.2 instructions within the hour.  Cool

Turned out I'd ordered the wrong item - only real difference was the included instructions though  Very Happy
next706

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new and I'm interested in this topic. Thank you!
SgtZippy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

So any updates on this ?

I remember blocking off my egr valve on my 2.8 lwb years ago, if I recall it's meant to increase the mpg? Is that the same for the 3.2 lwb?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: