QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Easy routes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junc

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:45    Post subject: Easy routes? Reply with quote

Hi guys, are there any easy lanes available?
More grass or sand etc with no fords, rivers and big puddles?
Possible around Derbyshire or Leicestershire?
Other half is very afraid of off reading and would start going with me if it's easy
Lanes without any risk.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are loads of very easy, totally safe lanes in Derbyshire - effectively farm tracks that are in daily use by farmers. Not very challenging, but often take you to places where you can get stunning views that you won't get on the tarmac roads. The next step up are the less used lanes which are rougher and grass covered. A good way to check is to look at possible lanes on the OS map (look for + + +) then look on Google Maps to see what it looks like. Finally use Google Streetview to check the ends to give an impression of what kind of surface it might have and how well used it is.

I've got a nice route in East Yorkshire that I worked out a while ago which I've been out on a few times with people who've never been off the tarmac. Slight danger of scratches from brambles and overhanging branches, but no rocks or water. You're welcome to join us next time we go out - which will be when my friend is free and I'm free at the same time, which so far hasn't happened this year!
Junc

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rich.
Yes I am up for it if work commitment lets me.
Also have to be carefull of missus .
As she is disabled and has problems with her leg she has days she don't want to go out at all.
But I. Generally yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: