Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

4x4 mud terrains

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> L200 discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:
jimmybond wrote:
Gegs just looking back at pictures, I wouldnt say its that bad.
the guy was gay, he would use tyre dressing, it kills the tyres.
he never took his truck off road, god knows why he wanted these tyres in the 1st place!

Confused  Confused

So i am gay am i for dressing tyres now and then,with right choice in products that DONT CONTAIN HARMFUL PROPERTIES then they actaully prevent UV danage and repel water etc etc.

It stops cracking on the outer walls,makes them look better too,but thats a matter of opinion obv,but saying its gay and kills tyres is just a pretty dumb comment tbh.

Rolling Eyes

Oh and my "gay dressed tyres" do go off road too..................some times Very Happy

He obviously hasn't seen the pictures of your good lady with the shogun!
What decades tyres is sunlight!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 18:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

geodrome wrote:

What decades tyres is sunlight!

Yes the UV and with correct dressing it protects the outer(more prone ) from the suns uv.
geodrome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bl00dy spell check 'degrades'
Johnny Alpha
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDJ wrote:

My point being from my experiences, when it's your time it's your time...the make of a tyre won't contribute...but I'm a weirdo and believe in destiny and all that jazz  Rolling Eyes

Amen to that  - if it's going to happen - then it's going to happen.  You can have brand new components fail(Golf MKII - boom), brand new tyres go pop (Scirocco MKI), the garage will forget to torque the wheel nuts up (Scirocco MK2), the new cambelt tensioner bearings will go t*ts, and the speeding car that nearly kills you WILL be driven by the Chief Inspectors wife...  meaning no matter what actually happened - it's still your fault   Laughing
CDJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Alpha wrote:
CDJ wrote:

My point being from my experiences, when it's your time it's your time...the make of a tyre won't contribute...but I'm a weirdo and believe in destiny and all that jazz  Rolling Eyes

Amen to that  - if it's going to happen - then it's going to happen.  You can have brand new components fail(Golf MKII - boom), brand new tyres go pop (Scirocco MKI), the garage will forget to torque the wheel nuts up (Scirocco MK2), the new cambelt tensioner bearings will go t*ts, and the speeding car that nearly kills you WILL be driven by the Chief Inspectors wife...  meaning no matter what actually happened - it's still your fault   Laughing

So errr can we be best buds now? I got a cb and need friends  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Johnny Alpha
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually just thought of a conversation I had with my Dad:
I knew a guy back in the prehistoric days I spent in college - he used to work at the tyre place, if he saw a decent set of sporty low-profiles, he'd put them on one side for me.
My dad said:  (You don't wanna do that!)  I wouldn't trust a set of part-worns(/remoulds)!
To which I replied:  How many (secondhand) cars have you bought, come with brand new tyres...  and you don't change them 'til they're worn down...  so you run around on part-worns (unknowns/remoulds/etc) for about a year...?   And that's fine is it?
My Dad probably said something like: "Know-it-all-bloody-teenagers!"...  and there the conversation ended...
CDJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Alpha wrote:
CDJ wrote:

On the V dub thing,chap in work has invested.........ok financed over 30k on 2 motors(both nice BUT) ones is a sircocko 2.0 turbo in silver,bout 15k mark,other is a little more but the van Cool in white with the bonnet bra and all that Laughing mods wise,well nice rims,on about putting windows in it,avid VW perv is an under statement  Exclamation conventions,meets,you name it and what he does no know is not worth knowing when it comes to all the old VW buses,all the parts names etc etc........you get the picture Laughing

Anyway my point Rolling Eyes  (a mans got to build a picture) Laughing  the sircocko has been in garage with gear box issues,last one as £600 to sort,not to mention £100s here and there,the van although engine and box is fine,has been bumped up the a55.This has been fun for him,ins wise,cost obv ridiculous not to mention the bump happened whilst the sircocko was in for the box Rolling Eyes

So both are within 2010 iirc(less than 4yrs of age) just out of warranty iirc or not covered........ and totally not the same as the old VW days,too much carp,trick sensor,flapy paddle stuff gear box that plays up.........

New motors are carp Exclamation even the good brand ones,German build and all that have gone down hill.............

Other VW owners,seem to be less in work,when the new GTI came out,bought one,20+k,spent months at VW in and out with gearbox,put up  and could not sort it.Ended up going.......now drives an audi a3 iirc.........thats been fine up to now

Dont make em like they used to is a very appropriate comment Very Happy

Now where were we,ah ha that it im gay and i have the UV after my boots Laughing
CDJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:
Now where were we,ah ha that it im gay and i have the UV after my boots Laughing

Wow, now that your out the closet, how'd you plan on telling the Mrs and Kids?  Laughing
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDJ wrote:
venn105 wrote:

Wow, now that your out the closet, how'd you plan on telling the Mrs and Kids?  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing and she wondered where her stilettos disappeared on saturdays................when out with gegs up wigan Razz

Laughing  Laughing
CDJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Laughing  Laughing
jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyre dressing on mud tyres is a sin  Laughing  They should have mud on them not dressing,though I wax my truck religiously so i can't talk  Razz  I've heard of some dressings reacting with plastics in the tyres and causing some surface crackles,but i'd guess those days are gone and you'd be fairly safe with the dressings you can get now. At least Mark's shogun has gotten muddy,so it's not all show pony.

Insa turbos have a name for having fairly soft sidewalls,they get torn very easily from rocks and stumps,they don't spontaneously crack because they are sick of the truck they are on. They are fine for the kind of use that they'd get on a pajero,but you wouldn't want to put them on a comp truck. Though there isn't a tyre that you won't put a hole into the side off with a branch or rock. Every type of tyre on the earth would have suffered from a torn sidewall by at least one of it's owners.

Nankang tyres are really good,they just have been cast aside by a lot of folk because they're Chinese sounding like the linglongs and the wangdongs that are pure lethal junk
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyw wrote:
Tyre dressing on mud tyres is a sin  Laughing  They should have mud on them not dressing, the dressing helps shift the mud so the poles don't have to work as hardthough I wax my truck religiously so i can't talk  Razz  I've heard of some dressings reacting with plastics in the tyres and causing some surface crackles,but i'd guess those days are gone and you'd be fairly safe with the dressings you can get now. At least Mark's shogun has gotten muddy,so it's not all show pony.

Insa turbos have a name for having fairly soft sidewalls,they get torn very easily from rocks and stumps,they don't spontaneously crack because they are sick of the truck they are onif you look at the picture of the burst tyre the sidewall is completely crazed, god knows how old they were. remoulds or not that tyre hasn't just let go . They are fine for the kind of use that they'd get on a pajero,but you wouldn't want to put them on a comp truck. Though there isn't a tyre that you won't put a hole into the side off with a branch or rock. Every type of tyre on the earth would have suffered from a torn sidewall by at least one of it's owners.

Nankang tyres are really good,they just have been cast aside by a lot of folk because they're Chinese sounding like the linglongs and the wangdongs that are pure lethal junkwangdongs Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:
CDJ wrote:
venn105 wrote:

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing and she wondered where her stilettos disappeared on saturdays................when out with gegs up wigan Razz

Laughing  Laughing

funny you should mention that, a mates having a coming out party on canal street saturday night, might have a ride up if i stay sober Laughing  Cool
jimmybond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I ment gay as in the fact, this guy had a l200, always polished, on aggressive tyres but this vehicle was not alllwed to tow anything or go near mud.
he needed a car lmao not a 4x4.
Interesting what your saying about tyre wall dressing.
ive had alot of people tell me it rots tyre.
another guy who works at bmw also claimed the same.
pass I dont use the stuff.
Gegs talking off tyres, I asked for budgets, got wanglee, think thats spelt right.
huge amount of tread on them.
Dont know what there were like as fitted to somebody else's vehicle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> L200 discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: