2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

No kick-down..strange revs behavior

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an ECU but it doesn't do much from what I have read.

To reset it you just need to disconnect the battery for a while - I left mine overnight.

The switch under the pedal for kickdown is something found on older cars I think. The mk2 doesn't have one as far as I know.

There will be someone on here who will know much more about it than I do - mine hasn't gone wrong (yet!) so I haven't looked at it closely.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Si7

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

rich r wrote:
Pete- I think you misunderstand OD on the Mitsubishi boxes. It is purely like a 4th gear. Goes 1 - 2 - 3 - OD. There is no OD in 1st or 2nd gear, it'll only engage in 3rd if the road speed is over about 50 mph and throttle is as in the diagram below. OD is labelled as 4th gear (it's referred to as OD and 4th interchangeably in the workshop manual). The purpose of the switch is exactly the same as changing down from 5th to 4th in a manual gearbox car - ie to give you more engine revs in order to overtake or go up a steep hill. For descending hills, you're right - just select 2nd or 1st manually to get engine braking. On my 2.5 diesel, 2nd gear will let me come down some of the very steep hills we have here in North Yorkshire at about 30mph. 1st (L) drops that to about 15mph. For off road descents, I stick it in 4Llc, when it'll crawl down at a walking pace without using the brakes.

Power mode changes up later and down earlier, so keeping the engine revs higher, making it more responsive (and using more fuel!). Hold mode prevents it engaging 1st gear, so you can start on snow or gravel without wheelspinning. These are exactly the same on most Japanese automatic gearboxes - for example my old Subaru Legacy was the same (although that has a proper 4th gear, not overdrive)

Does anyone have this missing image? Is it the shift points on the diesel autobox?
Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si7 wrote:

Does anyone have this missing image? Is it the shift points on the diesel autobox?

I think these are what you're looking for.  Source: 1996 Workshop Manual supplement, Automatic Gearbox V4AW3 troubleshooting.

Si7

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly it, thanks Si  thumbright
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: