QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

ABS warning lights and buzzer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winarge

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 20:40    Post subject: ABS warning lights and buzzer Reply with quote

I am totally fed up with my shogun 3.2 did 51 plate. A week ago the abs lights came on and the buzzer inside the car. I parked up to go shopping on the return journey the buzzer went off after 5 mins, all fine. two hours later i went out again and the buzzer sounded and the lights came on before i moved off drove 1 mile down the road and the brakes went rock hard. Took the car home and lifted the bonnet. The abs motor was not running until i tapped the unit and it started to run.. went to use the brake again and the buzzer sounded again. again the motor was not running. i decided to tap again and after some tapping on came the motor. Eventually after trying this several time i could not get the motor to run. so know hard brakes buzzer going off and the abs lights are on. With much web surfing i decided to purchase the two abs relay. fitted them today nothing. tapped the abs unit and the motor ran for 2 seconds and now nothing... any ideas pleasssssse.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 20:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ghostlyease

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had the buzzer and the light, we went through several scenarios (tried all the cheap fixes first) but ended up having to replace the break booster pump (ABS unit) as when you hear the buzzer we have been told its generally the pump issue, its worth checking to see if your car has had the unit replaced under a recall, just call your local Mitsubishi garage and ask, they will know if you have any outstanding campaigns on your car.  
Dont give up lovely cars once you get them right and look after them.
winarge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 21:18    Post subject: ABS warning lights and buzzer Reply with quote

have contacted Mitsubishi and they said that they cant find any information on my shogun and the recal was back in 2003 how old is your shogun
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like the abs pump motor is knackered as the tapping sets it going but it won't run consistently. I would try to source a good used unit to fit to your truck.
winarge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is my next step, costly but kind of worth it, just cant see what else? wont a motor just go down like that?
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say probably brushes or commutator worn down is the problem, but I would expect it to be a sealed unit that you can't do anything with.
winarge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 22:00    Post subject: ABS warning lights and buzzer Reply with quote

so it does sound like the pump if it work for a bit then stops and even now more it don't run... sounds then its not recharging the system hence the buzzer and lights on all the time
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brake booster pump, contact Mitsubishi as it is subject to a recall, they will replace it free of charge.

They did mine last year.
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
Brake booster pump, contact Mitsubishi as it is subject to a recall, they will replace it free of charge.

They did mine last year.

I wonder if that's the issue with mine, hard peddle at idle revs when coasting some times blip throttle and it goes. Have been told there is no outstanding recalls on mine though.
What year is yours assassin?
What did you say to them?
Many thanks
G
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Mitsubishi direct and not a dealer, tell them you have heard there is a recall on the brake booster and you have had no notification about it and they will check it.

To test yours is simple:

Start and run the engine for about 1 minute, run it at around 1500 RPM for about another minute and let it idle, press the brake pedal right down and release about a dozen times quickly, if the light and buzzer come on them brake booster, when light and buzzer come on rev the engine to about 1500 RPM and it should all go off after a couple of seconds.
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rang them this morning and they said no outstanding recalls on the car. All been done. Tried to say it was an import as they did not recognise the reg number. When I said it was a private plate and gave them the chassis number it turned up as a SWB classic till I corrected him and said it was a LWB.  Laughing
I have changed the accumulator although the one that was on was a replacement with the dot on top. My thinking is that the motor for it is getting worn-out . They are expensive even second hand. Although I did hear of a place that rebuilds them but can't remember who, just that it was in the Lake District. And Norjac use them.
winarge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i just heard back from Mits and they said no outstanding recalls, they could not find mine on the system first time... anyway im going for a complete abs unit... fingers crossed
hgv dave

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

was there something about a spot of yellow paint on the pump was there to tell if it had been replaced?
winarge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the pink paint dot was the recall one... mines has this but they are still saying no recalls for mine...
winarge

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:37    Post subject: At Last Reply with quote

hopefully i have fixed the problem... changed the ABS relays first did not sort this out so waste of money there as these are not cheap even secondhand... replaced the whole ABS braking unit and after bleeding all seems ok ...fingers crossed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: