Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

MK4 2007 - Turbo issue ? Need help before warranty ends next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomer David

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 19:01    Post subject: MK4 2007 - Turbo issue ? Need help before warranty ends next Reply with quote

Guys,

Kindly assist with educated responses and practical ways to check the issue ! I need to know if I have Turbo issue in the next few days please... ( car dealer warrens expires although he will probably not really help)

Just bought 3 months ago SWB MK4 Auto Diamond from a dealer. Generally looks good BUT lately when I take the RPM up on neutral (in my parking)  sometimes I have a small shake around 2100 RPM on the way to the red line.
The engine accelerates ok on the Road but when I Lock it on 5th gear on a hill and try to accelerate from 2000 rpm it requires a kick down ( maybe I imagine)

I was at my mechanic yesterday ( not mitsubishi but smart guys ) and asked them to check the computer as I had DPF issue on the same morning ( which I cleared but driving for 30 min on 40 miles per however), no orange lights now but the computer check showed DPF issue even after I cleared it. Not sure if relevant.

Any recommendation for a good garage in London that knows MK4s but will not empty the pocket for nothing ?

I would really appreciate the advice as I know how much know how our group has here.

Many Thanks !

Tomer
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 19:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a DFP code then that's where I would be looking, might need a forced regen or replaced.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to clear the code also as driving it just shows up on the light sensor, so ensure DPF light is off, code is cleared, run the vehicle and see if the fault code reappears, if it does than you have a problem.
Tomer David

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks a lot for the quick responses but :

1. ALL lights were already off when the code showed (my mechanic checked it with his universal computer) . So I guess that it means that I still have the code.
The shake / engine hesitation around 2100 RPM shows when the engine is on working temperature but not after I just started it - does it help in any way ?  

My questions are :

What is a forced generation mentioned before ? and can I do it by myself ?  
How do I clear the code without going to my mechanic again ?
Any recommended Shogun mechanic in London ? (if needed)
Does my problem sounds like a DPF problem ? or it sounds more like Turbo ?

2. How will MK4 turbo problem will look like ?  I am so worried that its the turbo although it sounds good.

3. any recommendations for additional next steps ?

Many Thanks !
Tomer
geodrome

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to clear codes by disconnecting the battery for a while, the forced regen is done buy the dealers computer I think. An OBD reader should clear the codes as well.
Not many of your model on here yet.
assassin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on these, they physically remove them to regenerate them.
geodrome

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
Not on these, they physically remove them to regenerate them.

I thought it would have been done on the vehicle, not something I've ever seen, only read about them needing done. Would be interesting to see a video.
jimmybond

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah im with geodrome on this 1, only when there carped I take off dpfs to fill with brick acid.
I get big trouble with nissan qasqhai, not that its jap as its renault and carman wont touch it as on a bosch ecu plus engine is renault.
I always reforce the regen by ecu, it just adds fuel in exhaust stroke.
new cars now I dont even have to drive, I just plug in goto dpf check counters or pressure depending on vehicle.
Do regen and it sits car just over 3k rpm for 20mins then down to 2k for as long as it needs.
However I have a 07 shogun not the new shape must of missed it as lights are diff.
I dont get this agro, all I get is the accelerator pedal turns so it revs out on its own and the sat nav is wild oh and park sensors go wrong.
ive took it upto 156,000 miles now, engine been ok no bother at all.
must say the paj up until the head cracked was bullet proof, it was same as my toyota van, just turn the key and never ask for nothing.
Tomer David

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, not too many members with this model, need someone who actually has experience with it.

Any Idea for decent garage in London ?

Sorry for asking again, how Turbo issue looks like ? Does it effect fuel consumption as indication ? ( mine is fine)

I would also be happy to know if Pedders suspension makes sense VS OME for MK4s please ( shocks and Springs ) ?

Thanks
geodrome

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best shocks are Bilstien or Koni. And lovells or Dobinson springs if they can be got over here. Old man emu should be ok too. If you want info on pedders look on Australian pages.
Tomer David

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was not aware of Lovell but I see good feedback on them. Should I expect any legal / insurance issue with them in the UK ? I am not familiar with the local law.

I know Bilshtain and Koni but they are quite expensive or maybe I'm looking in the wrong website, any recommendations on another producer of off road shocks that will work with your springs' recommendation ? (unfortunately, I do not spend most of my time off road like the Ausi guys)

I also need to change my bushings and ball joints in the front suspension from some reason (knocks noise from the upper ball joint of the right front suspension / also eats my tiers  )although my car has never been off road, any recommendation for a good bushing set for MK4 ? Might replace the rear ones if I am handling the suspension anyway.

Any idea about my turbo question and recommended shogun place in London ?
Many Thanks and sorry about all the questions Wink
assassin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on these Geo, they remove them and ultrasonically clean them.

Many are regenerated on the car and this is only a limited cure when it is done on the vehicle, but sufficient for most vehicles.
geodrome

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
Not on these Geo, they remove them and ultrasonically clean them.

Many are regenerated on the car and this is only a limited cure when it is done on the vehicle, but sufficient for most vehicles.

Have been reading a bit about them on an Amarok forum, seems if you do mainly town driving they go into regen mode quite often, the boys doing rural K's don't. Some are even using a product to help lower the temp the soot burns. Think it's Liquid-Moly DPF saver.
Tomer David

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am crossing my fingers that this is not a turbo but only a DPF issue ! it will be crazy if the problem is coming from the turbo on a 2007 51K miles car that has never been off road ...

Do you know if there is any insurance / MOT issue with changing the Shocks and Springs in the UK ? I will have some more reading about the Lovells.
what do you recommend for Shocks cheaper than Koni / Bilshtein ? (would you stay with the same Mitsubishi shocks after 51K miles - car has only been on road)

I also want to have rust protection treatment as I see some rust on my front suspension (previous owners from the north) and would like to take care of it for the next few years before I replace the shocks. isn't it crazy to have rust under 2007 shogun ?  

Need to replace my right upper ball joint on the front suspension, should I buy Mitsubishi ones or any better replacements ?  would you replace any other bushings on the same time ?

Thanks again,
Tomer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: